Proud Member
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW:
Doctor ConradMurrayGaveCopsWrongTimeline,
SaysHisLawyer
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW:
Doctor Conrad Murray Gave Cops Wrong Timeline,
Says His Lawyer
Posted on Feb 16, 2010 @ 04:21PM

Adding a surprising twist to the Michael Jackson homicide investigation Dr. Murray’s attorney Michael Flanagan tells RadarOnline.com exclusively that his client made a mistake when
he was initially interviewed by the LAPD following Michael Jackson’s death in June 2009.

"Dr. Murray's timeline of events that day when Michael Jackson died is wrong,” Flanagan says.
“Doctors make mistakes, and that is what he did, and it was simply just that, a mistake.”
Dr. Murray changing the story that he initially told police in the aftermath of Jackson’s death is a significant event for both the prosecution and the defense.

According to police reports Dr. Murray initially told the LAPD that he administered the
powerful sedative Propofol to Jackson at 10.50am, and that he then left Jackson alone
for two minutes to go to the Murray then went on to say that when
he returned to Jackson’s room he wasn’t breathing and this is when he began CPR.

However, the 911 call wasn’t actually made until 12.21 pm, considerably
after Murray stated that he had discovered Jackson in distress and started CPR.
In addition, a voicemail message was released Monday that Murray reportedly
made at 11.54 am to another patient of his, Bob Russell. In the voicemail
Murray sounds calm and collected as he informs his patient about the results of a
heart scan. That’s a situation that seems incredible if Murray had in fact been performing CPR
on Jackson for approximately an hour before the call.

But now Flanagan says that Murray was wrong about the timing of events.
He would not, however, get more specific about when Murray found Jackson in distress.

The timeline of events surrounding the death of Jackson will most likely be central
to the criminal case against Dr. Murray. Some reports say that both the defense
and the prosecution plan to use the newly surfaced voicemail as a centerpiece to
their case. Murray’s legal team aims to discredit cops' initial interviews with their
client in a bid to convince a jury that they bungled the situation, according to
some sources.

But Flanagan, who still hasn't received formal discovery from the prosecutors, and hasn't
heard the official voicemail message that Dr. Murray left for Bob Russell,
says that he believes his client simply made a mistake when it came to the timeline that
fateful day.
"Dr. Murray's timeline was wrong," he told RadarOnline.com, adding that
he also believes there is another phone call that has not been uncovered.
And that other voicemail is reportedly a phone call between
Murray and his girlfriend in Houston, shortly after noon. 911 was called at 12:21.

So if Murray did administer Propofol to Jackson at 10:50 am as he initially told it would be natural for cops to assume he did not come back and check on Jackson until several minutes after mid-day, when he rushed off the phone to go to Jackson’s aide. That would mean he most likely left Jackson alone for approximately 73 minutes – not two minutes as he claimed -- after administering Propofol, which would be extremely
damaging to his defense.

Murray’s calm phone call to a patient at 11:54 am would fit a police theory that he did not check on Jackson after administering Propofol.
Now, with Flanagan saying Murray was wrong about the timeline, it favorably (for Murray) explains why he was calm during the call to his patient and does not make it look like the doctor left Jackson alone for a long time after administering Propofol.

ASIDE: I BELIEVE BOTH MURRAY AND HIS GIRLFRIEND ARE LIARS!!!!

There is something similar now on TMZ (eeek).

Is there any way of the prosecution knowing which propofol administration time is true?

What time was Michael supposed to be leaving for rehersals? Surely having propofol near to noon would not make sense-should he not be up and preparing to leave for rehersals or something?

are you serious!!!!...so now they are gonna make the timeline fit to THEIR needs....this is utter and complete bullshit if you ask me....Murray is a liar and HE KNOWS he is a liar....I am very angry right now reading this....If you read the TMZ report they make it fit perfectly. ...I am disgusted....:mad:

http://www.tmz.com/
News of the World published the voicemail, in which Dr. Murray informed Bob Russell about his heart scan.

Dr. Murray left the voicemail at 11:54 AM.

TMZ broke the true timeline story -- that Dr. Murray called his girlfriend from Houston at 12:03 PM the day Jackson died -- 9 minutes after he left the voicemail for Russell.

Sources tell TMZ the girlfriend told cops ... approximately 5 minutes into the call, Dr. Murray abruptly dropped the phone and she then heard him administering CPR. Dr. Murray never came back to the phone and the call ended at 12:13 PM.

Jackson's bodyguard called 911 at 12:21 PM, approximately 13 minutes after Dr. Murray dropped the phone.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0ZtMUeixr

^Yeah. I am so angry right now too. They wait until some evidence pops up and conveniently fit their story around it.

The DA should keep everything under wraps until they get Murray's latest version of events. It's the only way to trip him up.

There is something similar now on TMZ (eeek).

Is there any way of the prosecution knowing which propofol administration time is true?

What time was Michael supposed to be leaving for rehersals? Surely having propofol near to noon would not make sense-should he not be up and preparing to leave for rehersals or something?

He was due to go to rehersal at 1, Travis mentions that he heard the news that MJ had been taken to the hospital when he was on his way to pick him up from his house. Plus he always had lunch with the kids before he left so no way would he have asked for propofol past half 11.

further more...what do they think that people are stupid??.....Do they think that we DONT KNOW that Murray would try and change this timeline....HE is a stupid ass I'll tell you that...Someone needs to tell him and his defense to that the world is not stupid....and that his bull crap story isn't gonna pan out for him.....Murray better hope I or anyone I know doesn't end up on that damn jury because I will vote to hang him by were the sun don't shine....the nerve if him....first he kills Michael...and then he tries to make a mockery of it....JUST ADMIT IT STUPID

^Yeah. I am so angry right now too. They wait until some evidence pops up and conveniently fit their story around it.

The DA should keep everything under wraps until they get Murray's latest version of events. It's the only way to trip him up.

Exactly! Why are they making this stuff public?!

wow...Murray's lawyer is a joke. Shoulda' got all their shit together when Murray ran away for 2 days. :smilerolleyes:

"made a mistake in the timeline" Which one Flanagan? Take a number...:doh:

How could Murray get his own timelines wrong? He was the one there! Proves his ass was lying and continues to lie

Exactly! Why are they making this stuff public?!

obviously because they are trying to convince the public of this timeline change....if this thing goes to trail then they are gonna need a jury..I think they are gonna try and play this thing out through the media....they are trying to get people to be like...OH Poor doctor he gave the wrong timeline of when the events happen"......we are not stupid people....we know what he did and he knows that he ass is cooked

are you serious!!!!...so now they are gonna make the timeline fit to THEIR needs....this is utter and complete bullshit if you ask me....Murray is a liar and HE KNOWS he is a liar....I am very angry right now reading this....If you read the TMZ report they make it fit perfectly. ...I am disgusted....:mad:

http://www.tmz.com/
News of the World published the voicemail, in which Dr. Murray informed Bob Russell about his heart scan.

Dr. Murray left the voicemail at 11:54 AM.

TMZ broke the true timeline story -- that Dr. Murray called his girlfriend from Houston at 12:03 PM the day Jackson died -- 9 minutes after he left the voicemail for Russell.

Sources tell TMZ the girlfriend told cops ... approximately 5 minutes into the call, Dr. Murray abruptly dropped the phone and she then heard him administering CPR. Dr. Murray never came back to the phone and the call ended at 12:13 PM.

Jackson's bodyguard called 911 at 12:21 PM, approximately 13 minutes after Dr. Murray dropped the phone.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/#ixzz0ZtMUeixr

WTF TMZ?! djkkdjlFHADSFKJ :mat:

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU! That's exactly what this is. Murray has had 8 months to correct the timeline issue. How long have we been hearing about this timeline since the warrants were released months ago? His lawyer's only response was that the cops were throwing around "theories" and whatnot. He never ONCE said his client made a mistake if the information on the warrants was being taken as his word. Only NOW after they've seen the tox reports do they suddenly go "Uh Oh, Murray made a winky dink mistake with the timeline." BS BS and more BS! If EVER there was some BS...this would have to take the cake. And I think it's only the beginning of it. Reason I say that is becuz no matter how Murray wants to tell this story, his a$$ is grass. If he bumps the time up earlier, then that means he left Michael unattended for an even LONGER period of time. If he says he gave MJ propofol around noon, that doesn't explain his girlfriend's account that says Murray found Michael not breathing while on the phone with her. And considering how the phone calls line up, there was no room for Murray to have given Michael propofol before he called his girlfriend.

And he better not say he hooked MJ up while he was on the phone cuz there's not a medical professional who would condone that mess. Talking on the phone while administering propofol would have to be just as dangerous as talking while driving!

Translation: GTFOH and try again, Murray!

He was due to go to rehersal at 1, Travis mentions that he heard the news that MJ had been taken to the hospital when he was on his way to pick him up from his house. Plus he always had lunch with the kids before he left so no way would he have asked for propofol past half 11.

Thanks. Murray's full of sh*t, grrrrrrrr.

what an effing liar. IF justice isn't served than some lunatic should do something. Murray will not get away with this, someone should turn all Chapman on him.

“Doctors make mistakes, and that is what he did, and it was simply just that, a mistake.”
no shit Sherlock Holmes...

But know here is the big question...will an admittance like this change the charge from manslaughter to something else???

Thank you Thank you Thank YOU! That's exactly what this is. Murray has had 8 months to correct the timeline issue. How long have we been hearing about this timeline since the warrants were released months ago? His lawyer's only response was that the cops were throwing around "theories" and whatnot. He never ONCE said his client made a mistake if the information on the warrants was being taken as his word. Only NOW after they've seen the tox reports do they suddenly go "Uh Oh, Murray made a winky dink mistake with the timeline." BS BS and more BS! If EVER there was some BS...this would have to take the cake. And I think it's only the beginning of it. Reason I say that is becuz no matter how Murray wants to tell this story, his a$$ is grass. If he bumps the time up earlier, then that means he left Michael unattended for an even LONGER period of time. If he says he gave MJ propofol around noon, that doesn't explain his girlfriend's account that says Murray found Michael not breathing while on the phone with her. And considering how the phone calls line up, there was no room for Murray to have given Michael propofol before he called his girlfriend.

And he better not say he hooked MJ up while he was on the phone cuz there's not a medical professional who would condone that mess. Talking on the phone while administering propofol would have to be just as dangerous as talking while driving!

Translation: GTFOH and try again, Murray!

You are right here,
though I could have an idea here but honestly I am wondering whether we should make it better for Murray team.

Next thing, I predict, is that Murray will change the amount of propofol he said he gave Michael. Is it written down in writing that he stated to give him 25mg?

Next thing, I predict, is that Murray will change the amount of propofol he said he gave Michael. Is it written down in writing that he stated to give him 25mg?

Yep! There's prolly a LOT of revising and rethinking going on right about now.

Best thing Murray can do for himself at this point is to come clean, admit his screw ups...tell the world he let Michael die (or KILLED him), was negligent in administering proper care...whatever he wants to call it... and take his punishment like a MAN.

He's screwed no matter how he wants to spin this. Just like the Arvizo's, the hole has been dug and the more they try to climb out, the deeper they're going to sink into it. I always felt the prosecution and that family never thought Michael would make it to trial or be able to withstand it all the way to the end so that all their lies would be exposed. And now it looks like Murray was counting on the same thing...that he would, in no way, be prosecuted or investigated to get to this point for all his little lies and inconsistencies to see the light of day.

Whatever story Murray wants to tell at this point, ain't nobody trying to hear it. His missed an "honest chance" to set the record straight earlier, or rather, clean up his lies. His lawyers stayed quiet all this time...they may as well keep on staying quiet and sticking to "he didn't give Michael anything that should have killed him". Yeah, stick with that. :smilerolleyes:

I'm listening to NOTHING but the evidence at this point. There is NOTHING this man says anymore that's reliable, imo. Nothing. More proof of that today. What else is he going to conveniently try to change next?

**** *** ******!

I'm only wonder when did the voicemail appear for the investigation as a evidence? receantly? Why suddenly all the mess?
I suppose someone handed it over to DA in order to defence Murray. Maybe results of autopsy are clue here - Time Of Death. Murray's lawyers realised that they quickly must have caught something...:doh: and try to make the the story more logical?

Last edited:
TMZ from AUG 24, 2009

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, just released the following statement regarding the affidavit we published today, in which authorities recount Dr. Murray's blow-by-blow account of the day Michael Jackson died:

"Much of what was in the search warrant affidavit is factual. However, unfortunately, much is police theory. Most egregiously, the timeline reported by law enforcement was not obtained through interviews with Dr. Murray, as was implied by the affidavit. Dr. Murray simply never told investigators that he found Michael Jackson at 11:00 am not breathing.

He also never said that he waited a mere ten minutes before leaving to make several phone calls. In fact, Dr. Murray never said that he left Michael Jackson's room to make phone calls at all."

There has been some issue with the time line all along, and nothing surprising here.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/21/sbt.01.html

TMZ from AUG 24, 2009

Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer, Ed Chernoff, just released the following statement regarding the affidavit we published today, in which authorities recount Dr. Murray's blow-by-blow account of the day Michael Jackson died:

"Much of what was in the search warrant affidavit is factual. However, unfortunately, much is police theory. Most egregiously, the timeline reported by law enforcement was not obtained through interviews with Dr. Murray, as was implied by the affidavit. Dr. Murray simply never told investigators that he found Michael Jackson at 11:00 am not breathing.

He also never said that he waited a mere ten minutes before leaving to make several phone calls. In fact, Dr. Murray never said that he left Michael Jackson's room to make phone calls at all."

There has been some issue with the time line all along, and nothing surprising here.

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0907/21/sbt.01.html

The problem with this is that here ^^ Murray's lawyer claims it was the police who got the timeline wrong. Now his other attorney is saying MURRAY made a mistake about the timeline. And the red bolded part....even if Murray never told police he left MJ's room, we know he did. How? Murray's own lawyer, Chernoff, was on television saying how Murray "fortuitously" entered Michael's room and found him not breathing. In case Chernoff forgot, one has to be OUT of the room in order to "fortuitously" ENTER it. So whether Murray said it to police or not may not be the issue. His own attorney spoke for him on national tv and said he was out of the room. And the only reason anyone found out he made calls that morning was becuz his phone records were subpoenaed. Funny how Murray left that info out while he was recounting what happened that morning to police. And I'm almost certain if they asked him what happened that morning they meant EVERY move he made, not just what was related to Michael. And the last thing, surely if he was IN the room while he was making those calls, he would have been aware of MJ's state and able to administer flumanezil (not sure I'm spelling that right at the mo) when it would have been effective. Based on the tox, there was no flumanezil in MJ's system...which indicates Murray either didn't give it or was wayyyy too late for it to even enter Michael's system.

So much is wrong with Murray's accounts. I've decided to totally discount everything he says now. It's all about the tox reports for me. Even his laywer, Chernoff, doesn't seem to be sure what the true facts are. That says a whole lot right there, imo. blah

Merely pointing out that this was already discussed in August. Here is another transcript from August regarding the time line change. This isn't news but the news is making a big deal out of something that was already discussed and everyone here is saying Murray keeps changing his story. At least get our facts right. He said this back in August.

http://74.125.47.132/search?q=cache...ed&cd=15&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a

There appears to be an issue with Murray leaving the room after giving him the propofol so does this mean that the usual procedure would be for him to sit at Michael's bedside all night until he woke up?

There appears to be an issue with Murray leaving the room after giving him the propofol so does this mean that the usual procedure would be for him to sit at Michael's bedside all night until he woke up?

If he had no plans to hook Michael up to monitoring equipment that would've alerted him (via beep or whistle or whatever) of trouble, then yes. His eyes and gift of observation was the next best thing. His eyes wouldn't fall under proper standard of care BUT it would have been better than nothing. It's kinda like a doctor preparing you for surgery, opening you up, and then leaving you on the table, organs exposed to the world and taking the emergency room staff to dinner.

He just left him there...vulnerable to whatever. I just can't get over it.

If he had no plans to hook Michael up to monitoring equipment that would've alerted him (via beep or whistle or whatever) of trouble, then yes. His eyes and gift of observation was the next best thing. His eyes wouldn't fall under proper standard of care BUT it would have been better than nothing. It's kinda like a doctor preparing you for surgery, opening you up, and then leaving you on the table, organs exposed to the world and taking the emergency room staff to dinner.

He just left him there...vulnerable to whatever. I just can't get over it.

Okay so as he didn't have the proper monitoring equipment there all he had was his own eyes but surely he needed sleep aswell so every night he must have went to his own room to sleep after administering the propofol.

Okay so as he didn't have the proper monitoring equipment there all he had was his own eyes but surely he needed sleep aswell so every night he must have went to his own room to sleep after administering the propofol.

Well if he needed sleep, he should have had monitoring equipment to keep an EYE on Michael. Someone or something needed to keep an EYE on Michael. As a doctor, even a sleepy doctor, he should have known that. And if he wasn't up for the task, he shouldn't have taken on the responsibility. People work nights....and they sleep all day so they can be awake. Murray has no excuse. If he thought he was going to take $150,000 and SLEEP on the job he was out of his skull.

Well, to be honest here, he was getting 150,000. per month to sit there AWAKE and watching his patient. He wasn't paid to sleep.

I have worked the night shift and I can tell you that we didn't sleep at work. I am thinking he was supposed to sit there awake watching.

So if they change their story now, does that mean they cannot use the previous statement as evidence? What does this mean REALLY for the case?

Back