Songs that sound better live than on the cd

dancemasterman

Proud Member
I have never been a fan of the song Rock with you, but on the Bad tour it just sounds so incredibly amazing that I can't stop listening to it.

What songs do you like better live than on the cd?

Anything from the Bad tour since they were faster and had more energy. Jam on TII, Dangerous.

i'm listening to rock with you live in kansas ..its amazing! i love how he ad lib at the end .. so amazing!!!! and this place hotel (heartbreak hotel) is another heartbreaking song LIVE! but yeah i agree anything from the BAD tour was OFF THE WALL!!! :p

Human Nature, Another Part of Me, Rock With You, and I Just Can't Stop Loving You.

HUMAN NATURE.
It has such a gorgeous, full quality about it when he'd sing it live.
Bad tour Yokohama is my favorite performance of it, I think.

Love the way it ends live.

One of my favourites is "Man in the mirror" from "Moonwalker"...when he goes " you know it...you know it...." omg.:wild:

Human Nature, WBSS, Another Part of Me, Jam, Working Day & Night, Beat It...

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Heartbreak Hotel
Another Part Of Me
Smooth Criminal
Billie Jean
Blood On The Dance Floor

I think the obvious one is Jam. Much better live IMO.

First off, GREAT topic!!!

Probably have to say the songs that sound better live, IMO, are:

-Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' - Victory Tour, Bad Tour ('88/89 shows), Dangerous Tour ('92 shows, especially the earlier shows and the Tokyo concerts)
-Rock With You - Victory Tour, Dangerous Tour rehearsals
-Off the Wall - Victory Tour
-Another Part of Me
-Jam
-Billie Jean - Bad Tour, Dangerous Tour
-Bad - BOTH Bad Tour and Dangerous Tour versions

LOL, i find it strange that some people say billie jean, it's mixed to absolute perfection on the CD in my opinion, it's never sounded like that live to me. I think human nature is a million times better live, purely for the extended ending with the high synths, it's so magical

yeah I got to agree on billie jean, howver the ad lybs he came up with for the history tour do sound incredible.

I always wished he would re record billie jean in the studio after he got older.

Definately Jam and Wanna Be Starting Something! I just fell in love those songs when I saw Michael performing them :love:

shake ur body..has a lot more energy and it's faster live..
IJCSLY Because I find the song boring on cd but with the passion he brings into it singing it live makes it..woah
heartbreak hotel, I'm not a fan of that song, but HH live is spectacular and would be actually one of the first clips I'd show someone if I were to make them a fan...from bad tour.
human nature is very 50/50.. on the cd is amazing.. live is magic

Some live faves for me are: IJCSLY & Human Nature (both so expressive with live vocals), WBSS, and also I like how TDCAU is re-arranged live, both the HIStory tour version w/ Scream & ITC, and also the TII version.

Haha, I realize I used a lot of acronyms in this post but I think you know what I mean! :D

Human Nature during the Bad Tour. I love that version. Also, Jam in TII sounded great. Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' sounded good on every tour including TII. I also prefer the live version of Off The Wall during the '87 leg of the Bad Tour to the album version. I also tend to prefer the Jackson 5 medley of the later tours to their original versions.

Billie Jean, even if it's playback I love the drums and the style.

Smooth Criminal and TDCAU sounds so much better live. Even though it's playback he sounds so different in SC and I love the basses and chords in both songs.

WBSS was amazing. I especially liked the DWT to TII performances. TII was really cool even though it's shorter and cuts out a verse.

Back