MJ fans: Prepare for the Blame the Victim Defense

Ankita

Proud Member
MJ fans: Prepare for the Blame the Victim Defense by
Dr. Johnny Benjamin, Orthopedic Spine Surgeon, Medical Journalist
Posted: April 6, 2010 08:00 AM

Make no doubt about it. Conrad Murray (I will not do further damage to the profession of medicine by using his disgraced title) and his group of hired guns, otherwise known as defense attorneys, will sink to even lower depths as they try to save his freedom. For the record: I do not disparage all attorneys, only those that like their client will do anything for a buck. Or more correctly a lot of bucks.
When a perpetrator has no reasonable defense and nearly all hope is gone there is always one last desperate play: blame the victim.
I raped her cause she wanted it. The child had no loving father figure and wanted me to touch them. I only did it because I love her...She made me hit her. We've all heard it before and the world is very likely to hear it again when the victim, Michael Jackson, is put on trial instead of Conrad Murray.
The defense will spare no expense, truth or civility in their attempt to paint a very dark portrait of MJ the 'hopelessly addicted junkie' and probably far worse. They will add further spice as they include just a pinch of past troubles and allegations that have little if anything to do with his death. They will do their best to divert the attention away from their client and refocus the trial on the 'deeply troubled life of desperate man' that accidentally killed himself.
I pray (as a physician) that at the end of the day one question will be answered. Was it the reasonable standard of care in Los Angeles for a doctor to administer a powerful general anesthesia drug to a person in their bedroom that consequently caused the person (an alleged 'hopelessly addicted junkie or not) to die? Or was the doctor practicing sub-standard medicine, outside the scope of his training, in an inappropriate and insufficiently monitored setting?

Follow Dr. Johnny Benjamin on Twitter: www.twitter.com/drjcbenjamin

Source-The Huffington Post
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johnny-benjamin/mj-fans-prepare-for-the-b_b_526598.html

Last edited:
Wanted to add that Dr. Benjaminn should be thanked for exposing correctly Murray's defence's dispecable strategy! Can anyone help me find his email add? I'm not on Twitter. I ask fans to please write to him, thank him and garner support for Michael and his cause from people in the medical profession as well as the effing(#@&*) media!Spread the word!

Thanks for posting,so much truth in it!!!

Thank you very much.I just translated everything in the bulgarian community.Let people know.Thank you again.

Dr. Benjamin is right but,

During those times, let's all remember what we have read about
the many happy times in his life Michael Jackson spent with his kids,
Like this one from his stay in Ireland.

“Michael had heard about the place through an agent; he had lots of agents,” Dunning relates. Once the family arrived, the gates were closed and the Jackson children settled down to a routine of lessons in a small room off one of the studios, playing with Dunning’s two children in the afternoons. Jackson made his own porridge in the mornings, favoured grilled chicken, fish and rice for dinner, went for walks, and read The Irish Times daily.

“He was very interested in how this country worked, and the boom that was on here at the time. He was an avid reader of The Irish Times ; he read it every day from start to finish.”
I am so happy that Michael Jackson's children: Prince, Paris, and Blanket,
have these and other Beautiful memories of time spent
in Love and Peace with their father.
giveheart.gif

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/features/2010/0407/1224267823030.html

The damage is already done.. I really don't want to waste my time on this case anymore.. It can't bring MJ back.. I'll rather focus myself on the upcoming creative projects

I don't have tears left anymore..

Thanks for this article. I was speaking to someone I know who is a criminal defense lawyer about the case earlier and he said its a common practice by the accused to blame the victim when they are desperate and know there is no other way out. Dr Benjamin is so right here.

Thanks for posting. I just hope more people will understand... expecially the jury.

The saddest thing ever that some "fans" are blaming Michael calling him an addict that was asking for it. Won"t mention no names of the board, maybe some of you will recognize what am I talking about. I could not believe my eyes. He was human with mistakes like we all are but this is just BEYOND BELIEF !!!!!!!!!
This is a sad, sad world.

Or was the doctor practicing sub-standard medicine, outside the scope of his training, in an inappropriate and insufficiently monitored setting?
Yep. I would say any reasonable person would agree with this.

The saddest thing ever that some "fans" are blaming Michael calling him an addict that was asking for it. Won"t mention no names of the board, maybe some of you will recognize what am I talking about. I could not believe my eyes. He was human with mistakes like we all are but this is just BEYOND BELIEF !!!!!!!!!

it's happening everywhere, not just this board. lots of fans believe in the addict story. that's very sad.

Or was the doctor practicing sub-standard medicine, outside the scope of his training, in an inappropriate and insufficiently monitored setting?

To me that's the whole point. I can't see how Murray's lawyers can find a defense.

The whole addict story, wether true, partially true or not true at all, has absolutely nothing to do with what happened.

So blaming the victim might work in certain media or with people who are not informed well, but hopefully not in court.

Whether Michael was an addict or not is completely irrelevant in this case. A 'doctor' pumped Michael full of propofol, a drug which should not be used outside a medical setting, in his bedroom, didn't have the proper equipment, left him to make phone calls, and endangered his patient with his negligence and recklessness. His patient died because of this and millions lost someone they lost. Three kids were left without their father and Murray needs to pay for that.

Thanks for this article. I was speaking to someone I know who is a criminal defense lawyer about the case earlier and he said its a common practice by the accused to blame the victim when they are desperate and know there is no other way out. Dr Benjamin is so right here.

true.. we all know that there were two people in that room : Murray and Michael and now only one of them can testify..

that's why they are going with "blame the victim" defense.. hopefully the investigators and DA will prove that the defense is lying to save themselves.

its just sad when the person who was murdered is the person who is put on trial....disgusting.

Well I tell you what if Murray wants to say Michael was an addict then you can say to him he was an addict and you gave him all of those addictive drugs? Why would you do that. Lets us not forget Michael did not just pick Murray out of the phone book Murray was his doctor Murray had done blood work on Michael before he knew Michael's medical history. And if they want to scream and holler addicted person pull out that tox report listed all of the drugs they tested for that came up drug not detected. I can assure you that the DA knows ever drug Michael put in his body from the time he stepped back to the US in 06 to the time he closed his eyes for the last time in 09. Michael was such an addict look at the pills they found in his home pills for his insomnia, pills for his prostate pills a muscle relaxer. He was such an addict that he did not even finish pills left over from 08. You will hear from people who were around Michael in the last months of his life talk about how Michael was always alert ad never seemed like he was under the influence of anything. You may here Michael's sister who I won't name be forced to admit that she never talked to her brother or saw him and had no idea what was going on in his life. I am telling you the DA knows already

its just sad when the person who was murdered is the person who is put on trial....disgusting.

Sadly this was always going to happen. Michael was going to be put on trial as well. Its disgusting but the defense are desperate, they'll be doing anything to cast doubt in the minds of the jury which will allow Murray to walk. Its something we cannot let happen.

Thanks for this artical - a refreshing change.
We have such a hard time coming, cant belive we are gonna have to go through this kinda thing all over again.
But this time its worse - much much worse.
We have to be a voice for Michael, he cant be there to defend himself, so we are his defence. Justice has to be served -
NO MATTER WHAT.
Murray can NOT be left to walk - this is not an option.

Thanks so much for this article. Expert opinion, in this case medical opinion, is a strong part of medical negligence cases. We need more docs speaking up against Murray and his malpractice of medicine.

this is the reason why i get so fed up they force him to take those drugs telling giving him wrong precipitations telling him this will work for you its all about mind control they had dude drug up so they can just take whatever they want once they got him where they wanted him they can easily scream the words "drug Addict" i don't know what for the life of me why people are so blind to what is going on. His mistake was trusting every damn body he felt can bring happiness to his life yes he got hook on them pain killers but that Power dirty Milk was uncalled for they knew that would take him out. As for Dr. Killer he needs to tell the truth and stop lying that a corn ball move trust me I know he can sleep at night even if telling the truth will course him his life because "them people" are powerful like that in the name of Michael he should tell the truth Michael took care Dr. Killer and trust his life with that Follower

Thanks for this artical - a refreshing change.
We have such a hard time coming, cant belive we are gonna have to go through this kinda thing all over again.
But this time its worse - much much worse.
We have to be a voice for Michael, he cant be there to defend himself, so we are his defence. Justice has to be served -
NO MATTER WHAT.
Murray can NOT be left to walk - this is not an option.
Co sign -every word!

At the London rally the other day someone had a very poignant and stark sign. It said 'Two people in a room. One of them dies. Do the maths.'

Whether Michael was an addict or not is completely irrelevant in this case. A 'doctor' pumped Michael full of propofol, a drug which should not be used outside a medical setting, in his bedroom, didn't have the proper equipment, left him to make phone calls, and endangered his patient with his negligence and recklessness. His patient died because of this and millions lost someone they lost. Three kids were left without their father and Murray needs to pay for that.

............Fully agree with that!:yes:
Murray is a' very,very bad doctor!:no:

But he will stand trial for it in court,and he will pay for it!:yes:

Furthermore...

Sure they will blame Michael,how easy huh?:(
Michael did this,Michael said that......:(

It sure will be like that,I even expect that to happen....:no:
I truly hope the peeps defending Michael in there will be very sharp on it:yes::punk:

Last edited:
Back