Murray Has Killed Before

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
This is an old article from July 8 2009 but I thought it was worth revisiting:
Jackson Doc Was Under Investigation Before

Originally posted Jul 8th 2009 10:55 PM PDT by TMZ Staff

Dr. Conrad MurryDr. Conrad Murray -- the doctor who was at Michael Jackson's home the day he died -- was once under investigation for an alleged botched surgery.

In 2007, Dr. Murray drained fluid from the heart of a 67-year-old Las Vegas patient. The patient died after surgery. According to the coroner's investigation report, his wife was told by one of the docs her husband's heart was punctured during the procedure -- so she complained to the coroner's office.

The investigation report confirms that, during Dr. Murray's surgery, the patient suffered a puncture to the right ventricle of his heart, which was eventually listed as one of four causes of death on the autopsy report.

We spoke to the family, who told us they wanted to file a malpractice suit but it was too expensive -- in part because pursuing that kind of legal action requires testimony from another medical expert, and that costs a lot of money.

Altogether, the suit proved to be too much trouble and the family stayed quiet ... until now.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/09/jackson-doc-was-under-investigation-before/
http://www.tmz.com/2009/07/09/jackson-doc-was-under-investigation-before/

Trust me if this case goes to trial, the DA is going to be pulling out all the stops

By no means am I defending Murray's actions in r/t Michael or any other patient, but unfortunately puncturing the heart is a very possible outcome of such a procedure (pericardiocentesis). This should have been discussed with the patient/nok prior to a consent form being signed by the patient or next of kin.

In virtually every single consent form for an invasive procedure such as this that I have been involved in with the patient/nok and physician, "death" is listed/included as a potential outcome, ugly as it sounds.

If for some reason this was not discussed in complete detail prior to giving consent, then that is a problem. I'm not saying this complication happens frequently, but it does happen, even with the best of interventional cardiologists or CT surgeons.

edit addition: I do agree with Christy in that the DA will be looking at every action/event that has occured in Murray's background, especially medically related.

Last edited:
In 2007, Dr. Murray drained fluid from the heart of a 67-year-old Las Vegas patient. The patient died after surgery. According to the coroner's investigation report, his wife was told by one of the docs her husband's heart was punctured during the procedure -- so she complained to the coroner's office.

The investigation report confirms that, during Dr. Murray's surgery, the patient suffered a puncture to the right ventricle of his heart, which was eventually listed as one of four causes of death on the autopsy report.

And Murray did not lose his license (if this story is true. well, this comes from TMZ....)

Many stones will be left unturned.
They just want to get it over with IM~we can't let that happen.

Many stones will be left unturned.
They just want to get it over with IM~we can't let that happen.

In the end of the day California is broke. They want to nail him on a charge where they are more likely to secure a conviction. Second degree murder is very hard to prove and the DA doesn't want to put money into a case where the outcome of winning isn't necessarily guaranteed.

By no means am I defending Murray's actions in r/t Michael or any other patient, but unfortunately puncturing the heart is a very possible outcome of such a procedure (pericardiocentesis). This should have been discussed with the patient/nok prior to a consent form being signed by the patient or next of kin.

In virtually every single consent form for an invasive procedure such as this that I have been involved in with the patient/nok and physician, "death" is listed/included as a potential outcome, ugly as it sounds.

If for some reason this was not discussed in complete detail prior to giving consent, then that is a problem. I'm not saying this complication happens frequently, but it does happen, even with the best of interventional cardiologists or CT surgeons.

edit addition: I do agree with Christy in that the DA will be looking at every action/event that has occured in Murray's background, especially medically related.

I think the question is whether an imaging guide (to help guide the needle) was used for such invasive procedure.

I think the question is whether an imaging guide (to help guide the needle) was used for such invasive procedure.

That is a good question, but was that addressed and I missed it? If one was used and a lethal puncture occured, I wonder if that would automatically point towards a malpractice suit, or what percentage of procedures with a guide still result in a puncture, tear, or leak? In either scenario, with or without a guide resulting in a puncture, would a malpractice suit automatically be won, or would the percentage of documented previous cases in medical literature influence a malpractice judgement-

Just wondering outloud since I rarely, if ever, hear anything about a "mishap" once the pt leaves the unit (either dead or alive).

Murray was also treating Adrienne Brown, wife of James Brown,who died after liposuction surgery.
Adrienne had a heart condition and her death according to the coroner was ruled a combination of a weak heart and strong drugs including PCP,Demerol,Vicodine and morphine.

Murray was also treating Adrienne Brown, wife of James Brown,who died after liposuction surgery.
Adrienne had a heart condition and her death according to the coroner was ruled a combination of a weak heart and strong drugs including PCP,Demerol,Vicodine and morphine.
If Murray had some involvement in her death, surely the family would have done something.

@ Maria MJ

This ^^ has been written in The Sun, NY Post etc.

example:
"(..) Brown's long-time producer and assistant Jacque Hollander claims that Brown's wife Adrienne was a patient of Murray's when she died in mysterious circumstances.

Police reports state that she died two days after receiving liposuction from an unlicensed spa, not connected with Murray.
(..)

---

Another article (I can't copy!): http://news.google.com/newspapers?n...W0aAAAAIBAJ&sjid=1i0EAAAAIBAJ&pg=3423,3893430

Back