MJ's Bodyguard Answering Fans Questions

Reeta

Proud Member
Bill Whitfield, MJ's bodyguard who was interviewed along with 2 other bodyguards on GMA awhile ago is answering fans questions on Facebook.

Q: If you were the only people working for Michael at that time who did the cooking? I read somewhere I think it was Teddy Riley or Akon said that Michael would cook for his children when the recorded songs in London.

- MJ did prepare meals for his kids.

Q: So he cooked or opened a tv dinner?

- lol...Cooked

- We called MJ SIR and he would say "you guys dont have to call me SIR" we would then say ok SIR, he started laughing.

Q: Hello Bill, did MJ watch much tv? What were his favorite programs? We know he loved to read also...when he find time in the day (or nite) to read?

- He didnt do Much TV, if at all.

Q: Hi guys, was wondering, did you ever see or hear Michael working on his music or dancing. Either at home or in the studio? Did he work on his music a lot?

- Yes, we built his studio and dance floor in his house. We heard him personice all the time. It was amazing to listen to him, many times at 3am.

- We made the dance studio Sound Proof.

Q: I saw a vid of MJ shopping in moistmen menswear shop on melrose..he comes out alone with no Bguards and cant find his car...one of you guys is waiting in the car i think were you around then? Mj was so gracious do you remember this? Did he often shop alone?

- He would shop alone but security was always around.

Q: Hi Bill! I Have a silly question. Since MJ wasn't surrounded by a large entourage and/or staff, who took care of the small stuff like buying groceries, or shopping for everyday stuff? Did you guys help w/ that? I can't picture MJ shopping for his toothpaste, deodorant, etc LOL Have a good one!

- We did that, we also took him shopping a few times.

Q: Were there any down sides to the job at all?

- Not being paid for 4 Months!

- Not once did we ever think about leaving MJ and his kids, we knew it wasnt his fault. I cant get into who's fault it was right now.

Q: Hey Bill, I was wondering if you guys knew Dr Murray? There are several stories about how Michael got to know him, about when he got to know him and so on. Would you mind share with us about what you recollect (if at all)?

- Im sorry, I didnt mean to skip your question, Yes we know Dr.Murray however we can speak on that matter at this time but I will speak on it soon.

Q: I trust you Bill, but I don't understand why you don't want to answer some of the question here because you'll be talking about them in the book, however you don't mind answering other questions you also will be talking about in the book. To be clearer; why don't you want to answer here any question about his girlfriends?

- Questions such as what? I get questions every 2-3 minutes every day, I can't answer everyone or every question.

- Its not that we dont wanna answer questions about his female friends, its NOT about them, its about MJ. Who they are shouldnt matter.

Q: Did he ever pull pranks on anyone?

- Yes, he did pull pranks and we will mention in book.

Q: The story about the fan in the house and Michael's reaction made me laugh so much...thanks so much for sharing these little stories and bits of info.

- MJ told me this, it happened at Neverland while MJ was away, the fan was in the house while everyone was way.

- No, she couldnt get thru the house cause of the security system, she stayed in a closet in the kitchen area.

Q: Bill, do you know any of Michael's friends like Karen Faye, Michael Lee Bush, Frank Cascio, Omer Bhatti or Shana Mangatal?

- I know frank Casio, I've only heard of the other ppl.

Q: You mentioned about MJ that your book will be heartbreaking due to what you will write and how you will write it.

- It will only be heartbreaking when we talk about how lonely MJ was and how horrible ppl treated him.

Q: I think michael was a sweetheart. being portrayed as something he was not.

- Thats why we are going to clear things up!

Q: I have another one: When does the book come out? I mean are you still working on it? Is there a certain due date?

- We are trying for August 29..We are trying for August but we are waiting to see what mr.halperins documentry is about.

Q: Hi, Was easy to work with Michael?

- Yes, but his managers made hard sometimes

Q: One more question...when you worked for him, did he have a large entourage working for him? Or was it just you guys (security) and the nanny, and his cook? Thanks!

- Just 3 security, nanny wasnt around much, He prepared food for his kids...Differnt things, we'll get into that in the book. FYI there was a cook on occassion but MJ prepared his kids food at leaste 3-4 times a week

- Oh yes, we will have many stories about MJs sense of humor, he laughed alot and joked around. He once gave security some food but before he did he put exstremly, exstremly HOT PEPPERS on the food and watched security run around looking for water.

Q: What was it like working with MJ? I bet it was wonderful. Not because of who he is, but for his personality. I love Michael with all of my heart. He is a true person. He cared about everyone. And I wish he was still here. Sometimes I think he is because I can feel him around me at the times

- I cant answer that in detail because of writing a book, but i will say there was NOTHING like it in the world.

Q: After reading the little story about the fan I want to ask you if you are planning on doing a chapter with short little stories like that? I think that would say so much about his character!

- Of course, that's what it's really about. The true personal side of him.

- Thank you so much for that, I started working for him on December 22, 2006

Q: Yesterday was such a joke at court!

- What did you expect?..You must understand, its a High Profile case, they're going to drag it out....Either way its NOT going to bring MJ back, I also believe more ppl should be held accountable....To me MJs real justice will come from those that Defend his honor! No matter what happens in a courtroom only WE as fans and friends of MJ can bring him real justice by defending his name against those that continue to print stories about him that are 100% false.

- Yes I do. I also have a degree in Criminal Justice, Business Management and my Masters in Security Management. I graduated from the U.S.Secret Service training academy. I've coordinated security for: Grammy awards, Oscar Awards, American Music awards, MTV/VH1 awards, Motown and Bad Boys records. No other security detail compares to working for Mr.Jackson. He taught me alot..... MJ and his kids were in the best of hands. No one has ever breached my security detail, and it would have been a very bad day if someone tried.

Q: Hi Bill, did you know Elizabeth Taylor? You and your team will talk about her, mention her in the book?

- We don't expect to mention her in the book, however that may change. she was one of MJs close friends, we never met but we did speak via telephone.

Q: Bill, you and your team will speak in the book about the hobbies of MJ, his personal tastes, for example what are his favorite books, what he liked to read, what his favorite classic movies, you know what the movie of Elizabeth Taylor that he most liked?

- Yes we will talk about that.

- Hello to all the MJ loyal fan base. I just wanted to give everyone a update on the book, things are being put on hold for a minute so that we can see and hear what Idiot Halperin is going to say about MJ in his upcoming doc so we can clear the air and set the record straight about MJ.

Q: I just wanted to ask if you were going to include the topic of vitiligo in your book. theres a lot of ppl and sadly fans who believe mj wanted to be white and refuse to believe that he really had the disease.....even though the autopsy clearly states he did have vitiligo

- Honestly, we were not going to get into MJ's medical condition, its really not about that....... Everyone Please Understand. The book we are writing is about Mr.Jackson, not the figure the media portrayed. I want his fans to know when he was Happy, when he laughed and sometimes when he did cry. He was a damn good father, a caring and passionate man. I was not privy to his medical condition, even if I was I would NEVER speak of it.

- We were looking to release book around the anniversary of MJ's moving to another life, but since some idiot is releasing a doc on the same day we are putting things on hold to see whats its about so we can cover the false info with the truth. Maybe around his birthday.

Q: Will the Jackson Estate and the family be able to see the book first?

- We will seek Mrs.Jackson blessing when book is finished.

Q: You guys know that Haperin's book is a bunch of crap. Please straighten out the garbage he tried to sell about MJ and night trips out. I think that says enough and you know what I am talking about...

- That BS about MJs night trips is something I'm taking very personal. Not on my watch did anything like that ever, ever happen. I'm looking forward to meeting Ms.Haperin one day.

- I was with MJ everyday while he was in vegas, who ever is publishing that book needs to get a refund.

Q: Any thoughts on the firing of Alberto Alvarez by the Jacksons? We appreciate your insight so much.

- Honestly I do have thoughts and insight on that situation but due to legal reasons I cannot share them at this time

Q: So, i'm just curious about the book you are going to publish.. What will the income of the book go to?

- We have a list of 10 different charities that MJ supported. We also want to build a memorial display of him in Vegas because he loved Vegas....Yes the charities will be listed, as for being descete there is no other way to be in honor of my former boss, he deserves nothing less.

Q: Random question........dont have to answer if you dont want are you gonna talk about romantic interests? just curious who he was cheating on me with lol jk

- He was not cheating on anyone..lol... we never said dating two ladies, we said he had two friends that he knew. ppl took that as something else....

- Ok, I see many of you have different feelings on what we should or shouldnt write about in the book. Please understand , his children want this, they want the world to know and see the side of their father the press and media never took the time to acknowledge. Its not about his Love life, its about his being happy and real. He would have loved towalked thru the mall with a "friend" and not be bothered by the media. He didnt put his personal life out there because he couldnt without being hounded by the press. This book is for his fans too, if you beleive and agree great, if you dont we are sorry but I assure you, if your a true MJ fan you will Love this book!

Q: Hey...what is your favorite MJ song? I love SMOOTH CRIMINAL!

- We have something in common, again! Best Song Ever!

Q: Hey Bill did MJ ever mentioned he liked more any song in particular, i mean one of his cause i know his fave song is Smile

- He listened to Classical music alot, he talked about life in general, things he wanted to do, healing the world through his music.

Q: Hi Bill. What was Michael's favorite flower?

- Honestly I don't know if he had a favorate flower, however I did buy white and red roses a few times at his request for the house.

Q: What did Michael like to talk about most?

- Healing the world though his music.

Q: I hope that this question doesn't sound too weird or too sad, but Mr. Whitfield, did you ever see Michael cry? And if you did, why did he?

- Yes, when something was printed about him that was false he was hurt.

Q: Was michael very vocal about his feelings. like sharing all his past memories? you don't have to expose much, but was he ever reminisent?

- He didnt talk much about his childhood, we always wondered why.

Q: Did Michael ever go to Disneyland with his children while you knew him? If he did, did he wear a disguise.

- Not while I was with him.

Q: was just wondering if you had any views about MJ before you started working for him and did these views change during your time spent with him? Eg were you a fan of his music and were you nervous meeting him?

- Wow, what a great question, one I promise to answer in the book. Sorry.

Q: Did Michael want to bring out a new album? Did you listen to songs that were not released..new stuff?

- He was always working on stuff, yes we've heard alot of unreleased music.

LOVE your statement about 'defending him in Death as I so proudly Protected him in Life'. It is truly heartwarming to see such loyalty for Michael - I'm so glad he and his kids had you guys - I just know he appreciated it!!

- Thank you, and yes he expressed his appreciation everyday.

Q: What is your most memorable Michael moment?

- LOL...to many to list. Everything he has ever said to me or did stays as memorable.

Q: Bill, did Michael participate in any recreational sports; such as, swimming, bowling, snow skiing, etc?. Did he like to attend any sporting events under your watch? If so, what were his favorite teams?

- Ive seen him watch golf.

Q: He watched golf? I wonder if he was a Tiger Woods fan? I think I read he had a basketball court, tennis court and Swimming pool! He must have been too busy with his dancing to enjoy any of those. Did you guys ever just kick back, drink some beers and watch the superbowl, NBA Championship, World Series or Stanley Cup?

- He pretty much had every movie ever made (LOL) while we were away in Virginia, somewhere deep, deep, deep in the woods we sometimes kicked back and watched a few movies together....he had the loudest laugh...good times.

Q: I have been curious as to how you three handled coverage for Michael. You all had to have days off occasionally- did you rotate, do shift changes? Two on , one off? How did that schedule work?

- DAYS OFF? We were the only three that knew where MJ was, we were the only three MJ trusted, there was no days off.

Q: Did Michael Have any pets while you were working with him and what were the names? Your interview talked about the cat named Katie

- Chocolate Lab, Kenya.

Q: Bill, I've read before that Michael was afraid of dogs. Is there any truth to that?

- He had no problem with dogs as we knew, The dog was a XMAS gift to Prince.

Q: I have read alot of places that Michael read his bible alot in the thriller era and I was wondering if you ever saw him reading the bible or pray?

- He read the bible daily.

Q: Could you share what MJ's religious beliefs was? Was he a Christian?

- No comment on that. Oh believe me I know where he stood religiously...Im just not getting into that.

Q: Bill, when was the last time you saw and/or spoke to Michael?

- 2 weeks before.

Q: Bill I dont' know if people have done this question before but do you know which or some favorites movies of Michael. Do you know if he liked to see romantic movies?

- He loved action movies, Spider Man, Transformers. He liked special effects.

Q: I know that Michael knew how to drive, but I am curious to know if Michael would drive while you were working for him. Would hope in the driver side and just drive?

- The only car MJ drove (on my watch) was the bumper cars at the amusment park.

Q: Did michael have a favorite song? if so, i wonder what?

Another fan replies: Yes it was the song SMILE by Charlie Chaplin

Another fan replies: Yes the one that Jermaine attempted to sing at his memorial...

- Attempted? wow thats funny..lol

Q: Please ,can you tell me if Michael always have sad eyes?In "This is it", i saw this, sadness in his eyes ... i'm wrong?

- He was sad alot.

- Now I said he was sad alot, but there were many times he laughed until it hurt. He laughed so loud while watching a movie and ppl were saying "dude shut up" they didnt know it was MJ.

Q: Oh, so did he go to the cinema to watch the movie?

- Yes we took him and the kids to regular movies, though no one knew he was there( thats cause my team is good) He and his children laughed, smiled and played alot.....outside of his children MJ was sad and hurt from being accussed of those things, he had to defend himself, where in the HELL was his so called music & hollywood friends?! Its ok because in my book I'm going to put them ALL on blast!!

Tell it like it is Bill! All of those phony "friends" at his memorial - who did they think they were fooling???

- They didnt fool me, but they will get special attention in my book.

Q: I remember reading in a book that Michael requested Subway sandwiches at times some years ago. Was that the truth or is that incorrect?

- I took him to subway a few times, he loved it.

Q: did you saw MJ flirting with girls alot? was he a natural flirt or just avoided the whole thing cause of his shyness?

- I was not going to answer this but I'll give u guys a little. Yes, MJ was very charming, he did flirt from time to time. Sometimes he would ask me to get someones number or ask do I think someone is cute. It was so funny to watch dude flirt. I tell women I meet that I have a dog, I would hear MJ tell women he has a Zoo! how do you top someone that has a Zoo?

Q: Hi can you tell us honestly, is it true that MJ was lonely and unhappy and he was looking for a love?

- I cant say he was looking for love, he just wanted peace and live a normal life.

Q: When Michael asked you to get someone's number what would he tell the girl? That he is calling coz she is pretty lol?

- I cant get into that....yet

Q: Hi Bill, have you heard that Cirque du Soleil is going to be creating a Michael Jackson show?

- I think its GREAT! He would have (excuse me) he will love it!

Q: Hi Bill, having so many interesting experiences with Michael, how will you decide what to include in your book and what to leave out?

- Being seeing the questions here on FB will help me decide what the fans want to know.

Q: Bill will you talk about Michael's disguises and where he would go in the book?

- Yes.

A fan replies: Mike wuz always crazy with the disguises...lots o times all you had to do wuz look at his feet: once you see loafers n white sox it doesnt take a genius to figure out who he was.

- You are do right about those loafers and white sox, i told him that many times but he didn't believe me, I also said " Sir, ppl know your walk" Its a big give away.

Q: I see you don't have a girlfriend huh Bill? Hey Bill, how did you ever socialize or date, if you were with MJ 24/7? Did you go on double dates?

- No girlfriend yet, honestly me and my team put our personal lives on hold, we enjoyed seeing MJ lead a normal life at times. There was nothing better then to see him and his kids laughing, joking and lighing fireworks, he loved his fireworks! oops, thats too much info.

Q: Hmmm Fireworks Huh? Why is that too much info? What kinda fireworks you referring too? LOL

- The 4th of July kind! He was setting them off weeks before and weeks after the 4th of july.

Q: Did he talked to you or to the kids about us, his fans? did he know how much we love him?

- Yes, he spoke of his fans many times in very good ways, however he was (as well as security) very cautious about which fans ment well, remember a fan killed John Lennon.

Q: may we know what perfume Mj wears? Did he ever ask you to get perfume bottles for him?

- Yves Saint Laurent, Cartier, Armani...just to name a few.

A fan replies: I believe they said he was wearing "Black Orchid" during TTI rehearsals.

- Black Orchid as well.

Q: Bill, it was known in the past that Michael loved to talk on the phone! Did he still talk on the phone for hours and hours?

- $3,000 monthly cell phone bill, What do you think?

Q: did MJ have a twitter account?

- No twitter, he had a face book though.

(According to someone Bill had replied to the account's been removed by now)

Q: Bill, we know that Michael liked art, and loved to collect them, and that he also did drawing, sketching. Do you know if he kept up with that?

- Yes he sketched from time to time.

Q: Bill Michael read Showbiz magazines and newspaper not tabloides?

- Rob Report, Wall street, Mens fashion

Q: Hey Mr Whitfield, while you were with Michael, did he ever practice Martial arts while you were working for him?

- He trained in the art.

Q: Hi Bill, I wonder if Michael used to go outdoors, if he spent some time in forests, by the rivers...some trips into real nature...

- all the time while in virginia. Sept 08-Nov 08.

Q: Did Michael and his children like the Lord of the Rings trilogy?

- oh yes, he had the DVD collection.

Q: Before you worked for Michael, were you a fan? Did you ever attend any of his concerts?

- I was a fan since the Jackson 5 signed with MOTOWN RECORDS! honestly thats the one thing I regret, I never seen him in concert, I told him that and he promised me Im gonna love the show in London Its ok because I was blessed with watching and hearing him rehearse at home. Nothing can ever compare to that!

Q: i wanna make a list of celebrities that actually stood by him during the dark times: Donald Trump, Chris Tucker, Liz Taylor, Whoopi Goldberg, Rick James, Stephanie Mills, Dick Gregory, Brett Ratner

A fan replies: Missy, Whitney, Stevie.......idkwho else

- You named someone that MJ really hated, Im not gonna say who at this time.

Q: really? i know they all defended him tho

- so you may think!

- He and Whoopi were cool.

Q: silent on donald i see.....so he hated donald?

- lol, they were cool too...thats all Im saying on this matter.

Last edited:
Awww this interview is so sweet. I believe that money isn't on the agenda for them, they just want people to know the real MJ after all the lies people like Halperin have written. I must admit I laughed so loudly when they said MJ was watching a movie and was laughing so loudly that some guy who didn't know he was there told him to shut up!

It's not an interview. You can become "friends" with him on Facebook and post him a question on his wall :) In another words these are picked from his FB wall. He replies as long as the questions aren't too personal or being considered to be mentioned in their book.

Michael had a facebook! :D

Thanks for posting. Sounds like the book is going to be a great read.

Q: One more question...when you worked for him, did he have a large entourage working for him? Or was it just you guys (security) and the nanny, and his cook? Thanks!

- Just 3 security, nanny wasnt around much, He prepared food for his kids...Differnt things, we'll get into that in the book. FYI there was a cook on occassion but MJ prepared his kids food at leaste 3-4 times a week

- Oh yes, we will have many stories about MJs sense of humor, he laughed alot and joked around. He once gave security some food but before he did he put exstremly, exstremly HOT PEPPERS on the food and watched security run around looking for water.

Q: did you saw MJ flirting with girls alot? was he a natural flirt or just avoided the whole thing cause of his shyness?

- I was not going to answer this but I'll give u guys a little. Yes, MJ was very charming, he did flirt from time to time. Sometimes he would ask me to get someones number or ask do I think someone is cute. It was so funny to watch dude flirt. I tell women I meet that I have a dog, I would hear MJ tell women he has a Zoo! how do you top someone that has a Zoo?
Aww, bless him :wub: :heart: :cry:

Q: Hey Bill, I was wondering if you guys knew Dr Murray? There are several stories about how Michael got to know him, about when he got to know him and so on. Would you mind share with us about what you recollect (if at all)?

- Im sorry, I didnt mean to skip your question, Yes we know Dr.Murray however we can speak on that matter at this time but I will speak on it soon.
:smilerolleyes:

They were not working for Michael in recent years (2008/2009). -_-

Interview beautiful and sweet, but I think this business of answering questions about Michael by Facebook will turn into a big mess very soon. :doh:

I did not know Michael was soooooooooooo intimate with employees about to let them know so many things so private about it. :smilerolleyes:

Come on how much and how far they will talk. :timer:

This is sweet. Thanks for posting. :) But it made me :cry:

Really great questions to read this, gee....:heart: Did you type that all out, Reeta? Thanks, if so!

And do you have the link to his Facebook? I can't find him under searching his name.

Now I said he was sad alot, but there were many times he laughed until it hurt. He laughed so loud while watching a movie and ppl were saying "dude shut up" they didnt know it was MJ.
lol :lol:

Imagine that, you just told Michael Joseph Jackson to shut up without even knowing...

This read was my early Christmas present. I'm as anxious as I was about TII for this book. Can't wait.

BIG GIANT THANKS FOR POSTING....

Thanks for posting this! That was a very interesting and enjoyable read. Love the red pepper prank... and how someone told him to shutup in the theater :lol: What's this story about the fan in his house though? Hiding in the closet? LMAO. Never heard about that.

Really looking forward to the book!

Thanks for posting this! That was a very interesting and enjoyable read. Love the red pepper prank... and how someone told him to shutup in the theater :lol: What's this story about the fan in his house though? Hiding in the closet? LMAO. Never heard about that.

Really looking forward to the book!
Me neither! I can so picture that fan being in the closet like 'OMG..OMG...I'm at MJ's house...okay..stay calm...what to do...stay in here forever is the best I can get, okay...how am I gonna survive?' *Looks through the cleft in the door* :hysterical:

Anyone has more on that story...?

I bet you Michael has been on this site and watching what we say.

Does anyone know what he means by this:

Q: Hi Bill, have you heard that Cirque du Soleil is going to be creating a Michael Jackson show?

- I think its GREAT! He would have (excuse me) he will love it!

Why the change in sentence structure? Is there a story behind this?

Thanks!

Does anyone know what he means by this:

Why the change in sentence structure? Is there a story behind this?

Thanks!

I was wondering about that as well. Perhaps meaning Michael's spirit is watching from above? If not, I guess another "point" of discussion for the hoax theorists in the Conspiracy subforum. :mello:

:clapping: Thank you so much for posting this!! I really enjoyed the reading!!!!!!!! :wub:

Back