Batman 3 Gets An Official Release Date

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date

Dangerous Incorporated

Guests
Batman 3 Gets An Official Release Date

http://www.slashfilm.com/author/admin/

zz461d1abb.jpg

Last week, IMAX announced that they had signed a 20-film deal with Warner Bros. One of the most interesting parts of the news was that Batman 3 was listed as one of the films which might be released sometime between 2011 and 2013. For a project which had not yet been officially greenlit or announced publicly (Nolan had said that he was working on a story/script with David Goyer and brother Jonathan Nolan), it sure got fans excited.

Well, Warner Bros has just now announced an official release date for Christopher Nolan’s Batman 3. When can we plan to see The Dark Knight return to the big screen with a new installment? Details after the jump.

The announced release date is July 20th 2012.

Since The Dark Knight began principal photography in January April 2007 for a July 2008 release, we must assume that Batman 3 would need to go into production before April 2011. But with only seven months away, does that mean they have a first draft screenplay in hand?

Of course, the release date could always change, but it seems like Warner Bros and Nolan would like to recreate the success of the last film. The Dark Knight was released on July 18th 2008, so this is the exact same weekend. Batman Begins was released in June.

Read more: Batman 3 Gets An Official Release Date | /Film http://www.slashfilm.com/2010/04/30/batman-3-gets-an-official-release-date/#ixzz0mcrBeH6K

Awesome!!!

I love Batman! :shifty: He's so smexy!

yay!!! dark knight was awesome cant wait for the new one!
and christian bale is hella sexy!!

I saw the 1st movie in this series (Batman Begins) and it was kinda dull and I didn't like the Batmobile or the actor playing Batman. I haven't seen the last one. The only ones I really like are the Michael Keaton ones. I also like the 1960s Adam West Batman movie with the shark, lol. In a way, Batman Forever & Batman and Robin were like big budget versions of the TV show as far as being colorful and having goofy villians, but not fun like it.

^^That conversation has been so played out especially before TDK.

It will never happen because the villain, Deacon Blackfire, is too obscure and not "gimmicky" enough but I would like to see an adaptation of Batman The Cult.
d6760fbb.jpg
77b5cab1.jpg
465c19d1.jpg

Ledger Won't Be Replaced as Joker in 'Batman 3' updated 7/12/2010 9:38:18 AM ET

No word on what villain will take on the Caped Crusader in 2012

6a3f81b3.jpg

"Batman" director Christopher Nolan says no one can replace the late Heath Ledger as the Joker.

LOS ANGELES — Batman is returning, but he won't have the Joker to contend with next time.

Director Christopher Nolan says he will not bring back the Joker, the villain played so maniacally in "The Dark Knight" by the late Heath Ledger. The role earned him an Academy Award a year after his death.

In an interview, Nolan would not disclose what villain or villains might take on Batman in the next film, due out July 20, 2012. But the director says that Ledger for him was the definitive Joker and that it would not feel appropriate to bring back the character.

The next film will be the third in the current Warner Bros. incarnation of the Batman franchise, which stars Christian Bale as the vigilante superhero.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/38203466/ns/today-entertainment/

There was talk/rumors a while ago that Robin Williams has been wanting to be casted as The Riddler in the next movie. Maybe that's who will be the new villian.

i can tell why hollywood loves the batman franchise so much. if anybody acts up, they can easily be replaced. a face mask is always the star..and anyone and anything can hide behind batman, including bad acting.

A good actor who I think would play a great villian is Judd Nelson. He was great in Cabin By The Lake.

Back