Is there a date set for the trial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattyJam

Guests
Sorry if this is an ignorant question, I've only just gained access to this part of the board...

Have they set a date for the trial yet?

No not yet. The next date is June 13th, which is a routine hearing in which the prelim date will be set. Prelim will be a few months from then, which the judge will decide if there is enough evidence to take it to trial. Realistically a trial will take place at the earliest in 2011.

Thanks for your reply.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe how long this is taking...

Thanks for your reply.

This is ridiculous. I can't believe how long this is taking...

Sadly its a long process. Cases like this were always going to take forever. I'd rather them take longer though than do a rush job in which he gets off scott free. I'd never be able to take that.

thought the next court date was June 14th?...I could be wrong..:)

thought the next court date was June 14th?...I could be wrong..:)

It is June 14th.

MattyJam you can find this information and a good summary in Ivy's Case Timeline and Summary thread which is in a sticky immediately above.

yeah june 14th. i cant see a prelim happening months after that date. theres already been push backs considering the next hearing is over 2 months since the last one. presuming theres such along gap as the defence were waiting on discovery. if they have it all come the 14th id expect the prelim to happen a month so from that date.but considering we only have mjs case to go by heck knows when the actual trial will start. will there be loads of hearings over evidence or is this a pretty straight forward case? even if it is straight forward i wouldnt expect any trial to start till i dunno say november. but i guess the judge may not want any breaks in the trial with xmas etc so may either want it finished by then or will just wait till the new year. theres also the question of how long the trial will last. mjs was long.what will this last a month or 2? or not even that. lots of questions not many answers at the mo

Sadly its a long process. Cases like this were always going to take forever. I'd rather them take longer though than do a rush job in which he gets off scott free. I'd never be able to take that.

This IM charge feels like a free 'get out of jail ticket for years'.

Makes me sick.

I don't feel like justice is being served in this case. Not with IM. And the trial won't start till 2011? That's a long time, enough time to get rid of others... :(

So on April 5 there was a hearing to determine June 14 as the hearing date which will determine the preliminary date in which it will be decided if there is sufficient evidence for the case to go to trial.
If none of these layers of hearings is postponed of course.
How does that sound?

yeah thats pretty much spot on. u have hearings just to set dates for another hearing. its just a money making racket for the lawyers

Michael Jackson's former doctor may seek to delay preliminary hearing -- Report

The physician accused of Michael Jackson's manslaughter may seek to delay the preliminary hearing of his trial -- because his legal team is yet to receive the full criminal file relating to the pop legend's death, celebrity website TMZ reported Monday.

Miranda Sevcik, a spokesperson for Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer, told TMZ the defense team only received 3,500 pages of the document.

They may seek to delay the June 14 hearing if the rest of the document is not forthcoming.

Murray pleaded not guilty to involuntary manslaughter in February.

The physician, who runs medical practices in Houston and Las Vegas, was barred by the California Medical Board from administering or prescribing sedatives as a condition of his bail.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/michael_jackson_former_doctor_may_R9KgWfpR4mN02M3KQdhZpM

most legit reports said the june 14th date wasnt the prelim but just a hearing to set the date for the prelim so if this is true the above story is B.S

There is a little bit of confusion as to what June 14th is as different sources say different things. The more reputable sources say its the date for the date so go with that.

No not yet. The next date is June 13th, which is a routine hearing in which the prelim date will be set. Prelim will be a few months from then, which the judge will decide if there is enough evidence to take it to trial. Realistically a trial will take place at the earliest in 2011.[/QUOTE]

..............OMG that late???:(:no::(

What about the DEA investigation? I haven't heard anything

about that in a very long time.

DEA was when they were accusing mj of being a druggie. when the autopsy showed that was false it went away and is focusing on the likes of klien self prescirbing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back