Dennis Hopper Dies at 74 After Cancer Battle

ginvid

Proud Member
Dennis Hopper, creator of hit 'Easy Rider,' dies
May 29, 2010, 12:40 PM EST
LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Dennis Hopper, the high-flying Hollywood wild man whose memorable and erratic career included an early turn in "Rebel Without a Cause," an improbable smash with "Easy Rider" and a classic character role in "Blue Velvet," has died. He was 74.

Hopper died Saturday at his home in the Los Angeles beach community of Venice, surrounded by family and friends, family friend Alex Hitz said. Hopper's manager announced in October 2009 that he had been diagnosed with prostate cancer.

The success of "Easy Rider," and the spectacular failure of his next film, "The Last Movie," fit the pattern for the talented but sometimes uncontrollable actor-director, who also had parts in such favorites as "Apocalypse Now" and "Hoosiers." He was a two-time Academy Award nominee, and in March 2010, was honored with a star on Hollywood's Walk of Fame.

Read more here:http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=502935&GT1=28101

No way.. :no:

He was Count Dooku. :(

Rest in peace.

EDIT: My mistake. He wasn't Count Dooku. That was Christopher Lee. Still, R.I.P.

He'd been very ill for a while so the news is no shocker. Very sad, he gave some truly memorable performances. Rest in peace Dennis.

...He did some great stuff...RIP Dennis...

HE makes #2...yesterday Gary...now Dennis...I wonder who will be #3.....they say things happen in threes.

...He did some great stuff...RIP Dennis...

HE makes #2...yesterday Gary...now Dennis...I wonder who will be #3.....they say things happen in threes.

well, i hope it's not Brett Michaels. i don't like the way he's really running himself, after he just got out of the hospital.

but i think it already happened, as Ronnie Dio, frontman for Black Sabbath, just died, recently..or...the husband of Brittany Murphy..

quite frankly, i don't know what to make of that belief, cus quite a few people have passed in this stretch of a couple of weeks, already...

well, i hope it's not Brett Michaels. i don't like the way he's really running himself, after he just got out of the hospital.

but i think it already happened, as Ronnie Dio, frontman for Black Sabbath, just died, recently..or...the husband of Brittany Murphy..

quite frankly, i don't know what to make of that belief, cus quite a few people have passed in this stretch of a couple of weeks, already...

Oh my gosh ..I agree...not Brett....he should be resting..NOT trying to tour. I dont know what he is thinking....I wish he would take better care of himself. Maybe he feels like if he is gonna go ..he is gonna go with a beer in one hand and a guitar in the other...who knows.

you maybe right about the others also...it just seems it always happens in threes...but lets hope that is wrong this time

Rip dennis hopper...man who 's gonna be next..gosh :(

i dont believe in ''3's''.. people simply die. i was never really a fan but my friend got to work with him on a photoshoot. rest in peace mr. hopper.

Back