EXTRA - Trading Cards by PANINI - The First Michael Jackson Memorabilia Cards

Moonwalker.Fan

Proud Member
Update pg.11 - EXTRA - Trading Cards by PANINI - The First Michael Jackson Memorabilia Cards - *pg.

5 cards per pack (3$) and 12 packs per box!

Panini Introduces The First Michael Jackson Memorabilia Cards
http://sportscardinfo.wordpress.com...-the-first-michael-jackson-memorabilia-cards/

For those Michael Jackson fans, you have a lot to look forward to this August when Panini releases their 2010 Michael Jackson Trading Card Set. There is no doubt that one of the most popular parts of this product will be the authentic relics which can be found around 1 per case. This will be the first time collectors have the chance of pulling authentic Michael Jackson memorabilia cards from a product. It will be very interesting to see how much those things sell for.

9gd095.jpg
2vb76t5.jpg

michaeljacksonpanini.jpg

UPDATE

by Tracy Hackler

eclectic.jpg

We all know that good things come to those who wait. Sometimes, collecting history does, too.
More than a year after details were first released regarding Panini America’s plans for an official Michael Jackson trading card set, the product will finally will make its celebrated debut in early June. 2011 Michael Jackson is a rich, colorful tribute befitting the King of Pop, complete with the historic first MJ memorabilia cards.

The product goes live June 8 with five-card packs retailing for $2.99. Each 24-pack box will deliver a bevy of Jackson-inspired inserts boasting classic photography and tributes to the legend’s timeless songs and albums. Some of the box-level highlights include 12 Decades, eight Achievements, eight Top Tens, six Number Ones, five Gold Parallels, one Platinum Parallel and one Number Ones Deluxe.
Each 20-box case of 2011 Michael Jackson will yield one or more hits from a lineup that includes Diamond Parallels, Number Ones Deluxe and a stunning array of cards featuring pieces of landmark Jackson-worn memorabilia.
Other highlights include:

• Eclectic Threads Shirt, Pants and Dual Swatches numbered to 249 or less
  • Televised Fashions numbered to 249 or less
  • Jackson Live Single and Dual Swatches numbered to 199 or less
  • Diamond Parallels numbered to 10 or less.
Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance in the coming weeks for additional coverage of 2011 Panini Michael Jackson.
#gallery-1 { margin: auto; }#gallery-1 .gallery-item { float: left; margin-top: 10px; text-align: center; width: 50%; }#gallery-1 img { border: 2px solid rgb(207, 207, 207); }#gallery-1 .gallery-caption { margin-left: 0pt; }

A Closer Look: The ‘Number Ones’ Subset in Panini’s Michael Jackson Trading Card Set

A Closer Look: The ‘Number Ones’ Subset in Panini’s Michael Jackson Trading Card Set « The Official Panini America Blog

As the anticipation continues to swell for the long-awaited launch of the official Panini America Michael Jackson trading card set,we figured another world premiere sneak peek might keep the momentum building.

Last weekend we previewed some of the scene-setting base cards gracing the June 8 release. Today, we unveil for the first time the Number Ones subset, a 13-card tribute to The King of Pop’s most legendary singles sporting a nice, clean design and tons of music-industry history.

Enjoy this captivating stroll down memory lane and stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for additional updates on the first set ever devoted to the immortal Michael Jackson.

Oh, and you can check out more MJ coverage right here.

mjonesmain1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Michael Jackson Must-See: Panini Honors The King of Pop’s Top 20 Achievements

Michael Jackson Must-See: Panini Honors The King of Pop’s Top 20 Achievements « The Official Panini America Blog

Let’s be honest: If we really wanted to create a trading card set that honored the greatest achievements of Michael Jackson’s storied career, we’d need a whole lot more than just 20 cards. Heck, we’d need that many cards just to cover his pre-teen years.

So we really had to scrutinize The King of Pop’s remarkable resume to select his most notable accomplishments for inclusion in the 20-card Achievements subset in the early June release of Panini America’s official Michael Jackson trading card set.

We hope diehard MJ devotees and casual fans alike find our selections — including his 1984 Grammys for Record of the Year (“Billie Jean”), Album of the Year (“Thriller”), his 1993 Living Legend Award and his 1995 Guinness World Record for Most Expensive Video (“Scream” at the cost of $7 million) – to be spot on.

You can view all 20 Achievements cards (fronts and backs) in the captivating gallery below. Stay tuned to The Knight’s Lance for continuing coverage of this history-making card set, including an upcoming post on the unique Jackson-worn memorabilia incorporated into the set.

You can get past coverage of the Jackson set here and here.

mjachievementsmain.jpg
mj127a.jpg

Panini America Makes History with Michael Jackson-Worn Memorabilia Trading Cards

http://paniniamerica.wordpress.com/...chael-jackson-worn-memorabilia-trading-cards/

jacksonmem1.jpg

They say clothes don’t make the man. But these aren’t just any clothes and this isn’t just any man.
Sometimes, under extraordinary circumstances, clothes do make the man. They make him more collectible, more memorable, and perhaps even more touchable than he’s ever been.

The man in this case is, well, “The Man” – Michael Jackson. As for the history-making clothes, they were worn by the King of Pop himself from 1971 through 1974 during many memorable performances, including “The Flip Wilson Show,” “American Bandstand,” “Soul Train,” and televised specials anchored by such luminaries as Bob Hope and Diana Ross.
Leading trading card manufacturer Panini America purchased the history-soaked pieces of sartorial splendor at auction two years ago — and cut them up.
As a result, Jackson fans and collectors everywhere will have the unique opportunity to own pieces of Jackson when the company’s Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set hits stores next week.
“We’re thrilled to be able to partner with the Jackson estate in an official capacity to honor Michael’s memory and his legendary career with this truly unique trading card set,” said Panini America CEO Mark Warsop. “We’ve been working diligently for more than two years to bring this set to market, and we’re confident that the inclusion of Jackson-worn memorabilia will make this a product unlike any other we’ve ever produced.”
Below you’ll find a stunning gallery of the Jackson memorabilia cards randomly inserted into the set, along with the corresponding auction description of the respective piece of clothing used.
The Official Michael Jackson Trading Card Set will be available starting next week at Target stores nationwide and at the Panini America Online Store.

jacksonshirt8collage.jpg

jacksonshirtcard5.jpg

jacksonshirt1collage.jpg

jacksonmem5.jpg

Last edited:
Aw they look awesome! Would love to get them but I bet you'd have to buy like a million packs! :doh:

I remember these Panini cards from the '90s.

Last edited:
Aw they look awesome! Would love to get them but I bet you'd have to buy like a million packs! :doh:

Well since many people are gonna be getting them you can just trade all your doubles for the ones you don't have ;)

Love them,but I need post dangerous michael on those panini cards.You rarely find 2000 and beyond MJ on most memorabilia except this is it items,some of us want to have MJ stuffs in all stages of his life.It's getting annoying.

Love them,but I need post dangerous michael on those panini cards.You rarely find 2000 and beyond MJ on most memorabilia except this is it items,some of us want to have MJ stuffs in all stages of his life.It's getting annoying.

Amen to that.

This is exactly how I feel regarding the 2 new 2011 caldendars too; only 1 post 2000 pic on each calendar!!

Maybe it's the kid-swapping-cards-in-the-playground in me talking, but these cards look really cool!! lol. Odd that they would use 2 cards with the same picture on them in the advertising, though. Any idea of how many there are in the set?

Maybe it's the kid-swapping-cards-in-the-playground in me talking, but these cards look really cool!! lol. Odd that they would use 2 cards with the same picture on them in the advertising, though. Any idea of how many there are in the set?

These are trading card. No album like the old fashion way, just trading :) (lol.. I had albums and the like). And see the box details: 5 cards per pack and 12 packs per box. May this be the whole set? I hope so! :D

I just picture many of us like children by Ausgust... trading cards, making puzzles and the like :lol:

Is this official MJ Etstate release?

Will MJ Estate make money from this ?

I just picture many of us like children by Ausgust... trading cards, making puzzles and the like :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

So right you are, I want the puzzles, the cards, the calenders I WANT IT ALL !!

Lol! the next MJ-fans meetings will be quite funny! :dancin:
I wonder if we will be also given pencils/crayons (we already have notebooks). And of course: when are the Official MJ super soakers coming out???

children-playing-nursery_~u14849679.jpg

i remember my first Panini album from like 1990...

wwf.preview.jpg

Noooooooooooo :bugeyed:bugeyed:bugeyed
We had a very similar one here back in the days!!
It was called "Flora y Fauna"

Lol! the next MJ-fans meetings will be quite funny! :dancin:
I wonder if we will be also given pencils/crayons (we already have notebooks). And of course: when are the Official MJ super soakers coming out???

children-playing-nursery_~u14849679.jpg

Official MJ SuperSoakers would be SOOOo COOL !! - I would buy one for sure.

Aw, made me want to fish out my ancient 1997 Panini folder of MJ Trading Cards. My Mum would give me money to by a pack or two as a treat every so often, if I'm correct it was 8 Francs (a bit over a euro/dollar) for a pack in those days... I remember I had made my own folder because I couldn't afford the real one at first lol. The hours I spent cutting and stapling plastic sheets together so that the cards would fit in... *Sighing at the memories*

Last edited:

Me too!!!

BTW, I am sure this is approved by the estate. It has Michael's logo all over it and the estate owns those copyrights. So I'm sure it's all good.

Aw, made me want to fish out my ancient 1997 Panini folder of MJ Trading Cards. My Mum would give me money to by a pack or two as a treat every so often, if I'm correct it was 8 Francs (a bit over a euro/dollar) for a pack in those days... I remember I had made my own folder because I couldn't afford the real one at first lol. The hours I spent cutting and stapling plastic sheets together so that the cards would fit in... *Sighing at the memories*

That's so cute =) ...Actually I lived the same thing back then with my collection, also purchasing in francs... god it feels like it was a million years ago =)

$3 for a pack of 5 cards is rather expensive. I used to buy packs of x-men cards and they were a pack of 11 for like $3.

Back