So Dirty Diana was part of TII.

Jaws would have been dropping for sure during that performance becase no one would have expected that. :lol:

Just been going through youtube. Found this video on the unfinished rehearsals for TII.
Sorry I havent got the DVD yet. Apparently they where working on the stage set for Dirty Diana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxIaYeIXwY&feature=channel

i don't have earphones..
was this unfinished though it was two weeks before going to England?

..anyway, i guess they wanted to do a lot of his old stuff, so that may be why there wasn't room for a lot of his songs from the later years, such as from the Invincible album..

Just been going through youtube. Found this video on the unfinished rehearsals for TII.
Sorry I havent got the DVD yet. Apparently they where working on the stage set for Dirty Diana.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGxIaYeIXwY&feature=channel

Makaveli, when the DVD's came out, I bought one from walmart that shows the sets with the bed on fire. Michael pointing to a set. He had on that black jacket with crystals that I love and intend to find.

i don't have earphones..
was this unfinished though it was two weeks before going to England?

..anyway, i guess they wanted to do a lot of his old stuff, so that may be why there wasn't room for a lot of his songs from the later years, such as from the Invincible album..

yup...you are right it was unfinished....unbelievable that they though that it would of been ready in two weeks time. :no:.....and this version of Dirty Diana...OMG it Michael would of rocked it...he was going to be tied to the bed by the girl in the song. It would of been amazing...when we look back on what would of been ..it is so much harder to take. ..poor Michael..:cry:

It would have been nice to see some kind of footage of MJ doing this. Sadly the day they were going to do it, was the day MJ was taken away from us. :(

The way it was going, it looked quite good. I was wanting to see MJ perform that song live again. The last he ever did that song was on the bad tour.

it would have been the most amazing show in history....

JMie I have always felt that. I sometimes wonder if they can recreate it with the sets and costumes and use a computer to project him and his movements. However, that might be creepy.

I was reading the This Is It article in Wikipedia(Ok, i know is not 100% true what is in there), and i found this:

Notes
"Stranger in Moscow", "You Are Not Alone", "You Rock My World", "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough", "Rock with You", "Dirty Diana", "Bad", "Dangerous", "Will You Be There", "We Are the World", and "Heal the World" were also due to be rehearsed.[citation needed]
It has been proven through pictures and DVD features that "Dirty Diana", "Dangerous", "Will You Be There", "We Are the World", and "Heal the World" were briefly rehearsed on June 23.[citation needed] "Stranger in Moscow" and "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough" were also rehearsed, but the exact dates are unknown.[citation needed]
At the final dates, Jackson wanted to perform the ballad "River Ripple", written by him, with an African choir and his children.[citation needed]
The song, "Best of Joy", was written and recorded in 2009, and was slated to premiere during the final concert before "Man in the Mirror".[citation needed] The song was released as part of the posthumous album, Michael.

Is all of this true?

^^ The River Ripple bit,probably not,I can't imagine MJ's kids on stage with him. Given what they wore masks for

I was reading the This Is It article in Wikipedia(Ok, i know is not 100% true what is in there), and i found this:

Notes
"Stranger in Moscow", "You Are Not Alone", "You Rock My World", "Don't Stop 'til You Get Enough", "Rock with You", "Dirty Diana", "Bad", "Dangerous", "Dangerous", "We Are the World", and "Heal the World" were also due to be rehearsed.[citation needed]

Here is photo of Dangerous rehearsal
dangeroustii.jpg

Will You Be There and Heal The World was also rehearsed. There is some video. On Youtube search This Is It Will You Be There or Heal the World.

Last edited:
Rock With You along with OTW and DSTYGE are also true. The first one was mentioned in the court case by the people who have seen some TII footage and the other too are confirmed by TII-drummer Jonathan Moffet. He mentiones WATW, too.

http://muzicmagazine.com/2010/09/28...jonathan-moffett-to-perform-this-is-it-songs/

And Stranger in Moscow seems to be true, too. One of the TII dancers confirmed in an interview that MJ performed it.

http://www.sawfnews.com/Entertainment/63069.aspx

So all in all, there seems to be a lot of interesting footage we haven't seen yet. And according to the people of the court, Michael was always good.

I'm pretty sure that MJ would have performed Heal The World

That bed in DD is out of this world. The whole fan community would have been screaming, especially the girls. This show would have been the most amazing ever.

I hope someday more footage is released. Especially if there is footage of Michael rehearsing these other songs we didn't see in the movie. I love those songs too.

Well, apparently there is going to be This Is It stuff that we didn't see in "The Immortal", but what about after that? You think they will release a collection with lots of hours of footage? Haha I know it's a dream, but who knows...

Well, maybe you're right, i just hope they don't wait too much for releasing it. And i hope DD, Dangerous and Stranger in Moscow footage will be in the Cirque show.

Back