HOLY CR... Dangerous Tour Souvenir Cassette... Just Sold For $840 USD on eBay!!!

Yeah that is crazy. :mello: What is that exactly anyways?

The CD and Cassette were released as Promotion for the Dangerous Tour in 1993 (in Malaysia).

I sold my cassette for $350 AUD about a month ago (the one in the picture above). Guess it's gone up in value since then! lol. The CD I am assuming would be worth about 500 EUR.

I'm stunned at the cassette still ..wow.. I wanna know how much my Australian Gone Too Soon cassette is worth now lol

Believe it or not, the rarity of this cassette is greatly exaggerated. I remember when it first popped up on ebay several years back, and then maybe 4 or 5 a week from then on. But what people want to pay for stuff is their own business

It is greatly exaggerated you're right. $840 imo is pretty crazy for a cassette.. I've never seen another cassette come anywhere near that.

Hey, I'll tell you what, if I had plenty of money to spare I would be spending hundreds on cassettes myself.

It also a guarantee for these people that they will get this item, because there are so many MJ item collectors now and there's a lot of bidders..

Also it's difficult to put set prices on these items because there isn't an official "Official Price Guide to Michael Jackson Memorabilia" yet.

Last edited:
To answer your question, in a nutshell, it's all about supply and demand. And the demand from collectors suggests this cassette to apparently (?) be worth a crapload.

Last edited:
Mickyj I hope some day you will post a couple pictures of your collection :jump:

Enough of the personal insults. Either take it to PM or don't bother.

Believe it or not, the rarity of this cassette is greatly exaggerated. I remember when it first popped up on ebay several years back, and then maybe 4 or 5 a week from then on. But what people want to pay for stuff is their own business

Totally agree about the over enthusiasm with the prices on MJ items right now. Not sure if it's because of the forthcoming anniversary etc, but people are just going mad... Right now, if you list anything on ebay that hasn't been seen for a while, then you're almost guaranteed to get way over the odds of it's real value.

I'm not one to sell my collectors items, so I'm happy just to sit tight until things settle, then I'll start buying in earnest again :)

Enough of the personal insults. Either take it to PM or don't bother.

I must have missed something....

The people who collected this stuff a long time ago are the WISE ones!!!!!

Crazy, why would someone pay that much for just one copy? i got 14 sealed for £49! LMFAO

Back