June 14th hearing thread: All discussion pertaining to todays hearing in this thread please

Re: It's June 14th..

i couldn,t find my password for this forum,obviously i found it now,
i was wondering the same,the hearing is supposed to be today,yet it is very very quiet,i posted a thread in the michael jackson news and happenings,
someone posted there that the hearing will start 12.30 pacific time,thats all i know,

Conrad Murray, June 14th Court Hearing

Monday, June 14th, 2010
Time: 12:30 PM PST
Street: 210 West Temple Street
City/Town: Los Angeles, CA.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Michael Jackson doctor fighting to retain California medical license

Michael Jackson doctor, Dr. Conrad Murray is off to court to fight to retain his California medical license.

06-14-michael-jackson-doctor_full_380.jpg

By Linda Deutsch, AP / June 14, 2010

Los Angeles
Nearly a year after he went from anonymity to notoriety, Michael Jackson's doctor returns to court for a pretrial hearing that will determine when he goes to trial and what he will be able to do in the meantime.

Dr. Conrad Murray is likely to face the usual placards and catcalls from Jackson fans denouncing him outside the courthouse and members of Jackson's family glaring at him inside the courtroom Monday.

First on the agenda will be Murray's fight to retain his California medical license. He has not been practicing in the state, but his attorney, Ed Chernoff, has maintained that loss of his license here would have a domino effect on his practices in Texas and Nevada.

Chernoff said in documents filed Friday that those two states have reached agreements to allow Murray to practice as long as he abides by a judge's order not to administer anesthetics such as propofol, which was blamed in Jackson's death.

Deputy District Attorney David Walgren did not file any documents in advance of what is considered a routine legal housekeeping hearing.

The pop music legend died June 25 after Murray, his personal physician, administered propofol and other drugs to help him sleep.

After a long police investigation, Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter. He maintains that nothing he did should have killed Jackson.

Superior Court Judge Michael Pastor will be asked by the state attorney general to overrule another judge's decision that allowed Murray to keep practicing. He will also take up pretrial matters including setting up a schedule for a preliminary hearing which could be something of a mini-trial to determine whether Murray should be held for trial. He remains free on $75,000 bail.

Jackson's mother and siblings have been in court for all of Murray's appearances.

Murray has continued to practice medicine in Houston and Las Vegas. Last month, the cardiologist made news when he stabilized a woman who fell unconscious and had a weak pulse on a US Airways flight from Houston.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------​

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2010/06/exclusive-dr-conrad-murray-were-going-trial

EXCLUSIVE: Dr. Conrad Murray - "We're Going To Trial"
Posted on Jun 14, 2010 @ 06:49AM

INFphoto_1236636.jpg

The lawyer for Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray has admitted there will be no plea bargain in his client's involuntary-manslaughter case.

"It simply won't happen," lawyer Ed Chernoff told RadarOnline.com, before a scheduled hearing Monday on a motion to suspend Dr. Murray's medical license, in addition to the criminal charges he faces in the death of Jackson.

COURT DOCUMENTS: Read The Charges Against Murray

"We are going to trial because Dr. Murray is not guilty."

PHOTOS: Doctor Conrad Murray Arrives At Court

The office of California's attorney general is trying for a fourth time, on behalf of the state's medical board, to suspend Dr. Murray's medical license.

If that happens, Murray's attorneys say, Nevada and Texas, where Dr. Murray also practices, are likely to follow suit.

PHOTOS: The Jacksons Arrive At Court For Murray's Court Appearance

Said Chernoff, "The hearing (Monday) will deal with housekeeping issues from scheduling the preliminary hearing to dealing with the Medical Board of California requesting to restrict my client's medical license.

"We haven't received all the discovery yet, and I'm sure the prosecution is working as hard as they can to turn that over to us."

VIDEO: Crowd Shouts ?Murderer? At Dr. Murray As He Arrives At Court

Meanwhile, some of Murray's patients in Houston, Texas, are planning a rally to coincide with his scheduled hearing.

"When Dr. Murray goes to court, he is accosted by people wearing black arm bands, and yelling 'murderer' at him, so to have his friends, patients and the community do this really buoys Dr. Murray's spirits," Chernoff told RadarOnline.com.

VIDEO: Debbie Rowe Chokes Back Tears; Talks About Visiting Michael Jackson's Grave

"Dr. Murray's supporters wanted to come to Los Angeles, but his patients are working class people, and they couldn't afford the expense of traveling to Los Angeles for the hearing."

Last edited:

Please post links to live feed when they are available.

Do you know of any chat rooms that'll be open similar to the last court appearance? I think it was on USTREAM or something, but there was a live person talking and the rest of the fans were all chatting. It was absolute mayhem, but it was interesting to keep up with 1,000 other people who were watching the same thing..
If anyone has the link to one of those sessions please post it here. Thanks =)

Patients speak out for Jackson's doctor on eve of license hearing

By Ted Rowlands and Michael Cary, CNNcnnAuthor = "By Ted Rowlands and Michael Cary, CNN";

if(location.hostname.indexOf( 'edition.' ) > -1) {document.write('June 14, 2010 -- Updated 0305 GMT (1105 HKT)');} else {document.write('June 13, 2010 11:05 p.m. EDT');}June 13, 2010 11:05 p.m. EDTJune 14, 2010 -- Updated 0305 GMT (1105 HKT)

var clickExpire = "-1";
story.conrad.murray.afp.gi.jpg

A judge on Monday will hear arguments about whether to suspend Dr. Conrad Murray's medical license in California.

Las Vegas, Nevada (CNN) -- A California judge is slated to hear arguments Monday on a motion to suspend Dr. Conrad Murray's medical license while he faces criminal charges in the death of Michael Jackson.

Meanwhile, patients at Murray's Houston, Texas, and Las Vegas, Nevada, clinics tell CNN that the cardiologist should keep his license because, they say, he saves lives.
"I had a heart attack 10 years ago and he saved my life," said Gerry Cause, who says he drives a 320-mile round trip for his appointments at Murray's Las Vegas clinic. "He's the most compassionate man. He loves his patients."
"Dr. Murray is a good doctor, a very good doctor," said Ransom Craddock, who says he was among the first of Murray's cardiology patients at his Houston clinic when it opened. "We stand together with him in this community."
They will be paying close attention to a hearing in the case on Monday when a Los Angeles judge will listen to arguments about pulling Murray's medical license in California. If that happens, Murray's attorneys say, Nevada and Texas are likely to follow suit.
"The questions the medical boards have is whether or not they have a doctor on their hands that's a threat to public safety, and he's just not," said Charles Peckham, Murray's civil attorney. "He's a good doctor. He's a benefit to his patients. He's a benefit to public health."
Murray was charged with involuntary manslaughter in February for providing Jackson with propofol -- a sleeping agent typically used for sedation during surgeries. According to the Los Angeles Coroner's Office, Jackson died of "propofol intoxication."
A court brief filed on behalf of the California Medical Board states: "the Board has pointed out it is not just his 'prescribing' practices that are in question, but his fundamental judgment and skill as a physician."
But Dennis Hix, another heart surgery patient of Dr. Murray's, told CNN, "It's just a shame what's going on."
"Everybody's innocent until proven guilty. He should be allowed to practice. He's still helping me, and I don't want to see him go nowhere," Hix said.
A contingent of Murray's supporters plan a rally at a Houston church on Monday, and some patients from Las Vegas say they plan to drive to Los Angeles during the trial to counter the Michael Jackson fans who show up at hearings waving signs calling the doctor a killer.
"He's one of the most compassionate people I've ever met. I just can't see him being the person he's painted to be," said J.D. Nicholas, who's not only a patient of Murray's but also a member of the group The Commodores, and who knew Michael Jackson.
"I think he should continue to practice. He takes good care of me. I'm in great health thanks to Dr. Murray."
http://edition.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/06/13/murray.license.hearing/

:coffee:

Last edited:

TMZ most probably will have a live stream - however Judge Pastor currently doesn't allow cameras into the courtroom.

The media have a request for allowing cameras as well, we'll see how it goes.

it will start in two and a half hours, correct? I'm terrible with time zones.

Nothing yet. TMZ's latest item is about Russian fans gonna be present at the hearing with a picture of the banner they're bringing along.

ustream link http://www.ustream.tv/channel/conrad-murray-back-in-court

from google search
@your_soldier‎ RT @Alyssa_MJ Theres about 300 michael jackson fans down at the court house...and no conrad murray supporters there yet
Twitter - 13 minutes ago

http://www.kmph.com/Global/story.asp?S=12646163
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Nearly a year after he went from anonymity to notoriety, Michael Jackson's doctor returns to court for a pretrial hearing that will determine when he goes to trial and what he will be able to do in the meantime. Dr. Conrad Murray is likely to face the usual placards and catcalls from Jackson fans denouncing him outside the courthouse and members of Jackson's family glaring at him inside the courtroom Monday.

from TWITTER
Justice_4mj
Official lottery waiting sign.
http://tweetphoto.com/27234412

what time is it going to be uk time?
thanksx
btw hugs and love to each and everyone of you. Stay strong.

again, this brings back memories uuuugh. There's not much on the TV news channels yet.

Back