Unreleased pictures of MJ from 1999 up for auction: Updated pictures, p12.

Xtarlight and Mpenziwe

Proud Member
This piece was published now in Spain. I'm sorry if you find some mistakes in the translation:

Unreleased pictures of MJ from 1999 up for auction.

A serie of unreleased portraits of Michael Jackson taken in Paris, in 1999, will be auctioned in september, acording Pierre Bergé & Associés auction house. The content of the auction will be shown on june 22.

The pictures are "exclusive and never seen", acording the spokesman of the auction house, owned by Pierre Bergé.

The seller remark the "unique and artistic" character of the pictures but declined to say how much are they, nor where or how be taken, not why his author keep them for so many years, everything will be divulged next tuesday.

They remark also that the pictures were never showed and their selling will be between september and the end of the year.

Promoters of the auction said the artist ask the photograper Arno Bani to take the pictures, which he did over "an exceptional photoshoot".

[EFE]

Spanish -> http://www.adn.es/internacional/201...ran-Jackson-Michael-fotografias-ineditas.html

Re: Unreleased pictures of MJ from 1999 up for auction.

thanks for the news...

i think if they are not showing anything even a photo wit a watermark I think they are not anything of real interest, because they would have been sold to papers and magazines for publication... they would make more money from being sold in differant parts of the world for exclusive use... ie for a UK mag, or a US mag, Japan mag etc...

also remember MJ either owned the rights to his photo shoots, or split it wit the photographer... so i don't expect much.. we shall see... hope I'm wrong

Personally Ive had enough of people continually cashing in on Michael's death. Why does everything he own or related to him need to be sold? Id understand more if it was raising money for charity but its not. I've had enough of people cashing in on him, he doesn't deserve this.

might be the photoshot Michael originally did for the Invincible cover? (which Sony rejected)

Wow. We've been longing to see those pictures virtually since the very day of the photoshoot, when MJ came to Paris right after his accident in Munich. They're said to be very unusual and suprising shots of MJ. At the time I remember some tabloid saying he wanted Bani to make him look like "an egyptian god" or something to that effect. This was the picture that Michael reportedly fell in love with (from the April 99 Sunday Times "Style" supplement):

Banisundaytimes.jpg

(thanks to MJ Millenium)

I'd be pleased to see them for sure, but I'm also thinking that they never came out for a reason, namely MJ probably decided not to use them. The kids should be given the choice of what to do with them imo, not a bunch of strangers.

Last edited:

thanx everyone .

maybe its large one off art prints and NOT the copyright he's offering... and then they sell and publish the photos after generating public interest?
keep an eye on the MJ photo sites for these... :- )

Good lord, by this time next year the wont be anything MJ releated left. Everybody is selling EVERYTHING re Michael, even his own belongings. Urgh!

thanks for the news...

i think if they are not showing anything even a photo wit a watermark I think they are not anything of real interest, because they would have been sold to papers and magazines for publication... they would make more money from being sold in differant parts of the world for exclusive use... ie for a UK mag, or a US mag, Japan mag etc...

also remember MJ either owned the rights to his photo shoots, or split it wit the photographer... so i don't expect much.. we shall see... hope I'm wrong

+1

I am really fed up too. it makes me sick

Arno Bani pics of Michael from 1999 to be auctioned

French auction of rare photographs of Michael Jackson

A series of unpublished pictures of the "King of Pop", taken in Paris by Arno Bani in 1999, will be auctioned starting in September.

The announcement was made by the auction house Pierre Bergé & Associés, which announced the presentation of images for next Tuesday 22 June.

The photos are "unique and unprecedented", according to spokesmen for the auction house, who heads the French businessman Pierre Bergé and patrons.

Sellers stressed its "artistic and unique," but would not say how many shots are there in total, where or how they were made, nor why the author took so long to decide to disclose them.

source http://mjphotoscollectors.com/index...be-auctioned/page__pid__713__st__0&#entry713?

Re: Arno Bani pics of Michael from 1999 to be auctioned

aw sorry, when I searched the threads for this news I misspelled something.
now I see it's already posted. sorry again :(

Wow kinda looking forward to that also!

:wild: :wild: :wild:

From the website of the auction house:

Early December 2010, Pierre Bergé & Associés will organize an exceptional auction of Michael Jackson’s unpublished portraits. These photographs of the pop king are the result of an extraordinary adventure lived by a young French photographer, Arno Bani, to whom the star exceptionally entrusted his image.
Arno Bani, entirely free in the production of this session, created 4 different artistic scénarii and chose the greatest fashion professionals to work with him: Yves Saint Laurent, François Lesage, Topolino, Seb Bascle, Frédérique Lorca and Maïda, etc.
During this sale, 12 unique and never disclosed portraits, numbered 1 of 1, as well as the contact boards of this photography session, among which those selected by Michael Jackson himself, will be presented for auction.
This auction, organized by Pierre Bergé & Associés, will undoubtedly give rise to considerable interest among the collectors but also the fans of the pop star.
The catalog of this sale will be available from October in co-edition with Editions du Chêne - Hachette Group, and distributed internationally.
Furthermore, a luxury box including a photograph from this session will be proposed in limited edition.
Source: http://www.pba-auctions-michaeljackson.com/home.php

47181198321270108882.jpg

Early December 2010, Pierre Bergé & Associés will organize an exceptional auction of Michael Jackson’s unpublished portraits. These photographs of the pop king are the result of an extraordinary adventure lived by a young French photographer, Arno Bani, to whom the star exceptionally entrusted his image.
Arno Bani, entirely free in the production of this session, created 4 different artistic scénarii and chose the greatest fashion professionals to work with him: Yves Saint Laurent, François Lesage, Topolino, Seb Bascle, Frédérique Lorca and Maïda, etc.
During this sale, 12 unique and never disclosed portraits, numbered 1 of 1, as well as the contact boards of this photography session, among which those selected by Michael Jackson himself, will be presented for auction.
This auction, organized by Pierre Bergé & Associés, will undoubtedly give rise to considerable interest among the collectors but also the fans of the pop star.
The catalog of this sale will be available from October in co-edition with Editions du Chêne - Hachette Group, and distributed internationally.
Furthermore, a luxury box including a photograph from this session will be proposed in limited edition.

47181198321270108882.jpg

:bugeyed :bugeyed :bugeyed

47181198321270108882.jpg

^^ wow! Is this Michael? :dropdead:

But yes i agree, why do they keep selling everything??? Why? It makes me really mad! :bomb:

What an incredible portrait. Reminds me of David Bowie's Aladdin Sane cover.

OH MY GOD, WHAT AN AMAZING PICTURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nasyc.jpg

:wub:! I love it ! he's just incredible ! I hope they will expose the photos before the sale ! I want to see them !!

Delete

47181198321270108882.jpg

Oh, I love it!:wub: But I think PP&B should have them. Thanks for sharing :)

Some eras of MJ pictures(the later years) are harder for me to distinguish than others.
But I love the picture. He was an artist, inside and out.

Love the picture! :wub:

I can't wait to see the other 11! :wild:

oh my, that is a gorgeous picture. i love his hair, his face, everything.

so how much will this luxury box thing be? and where can it be bought?

and well the originals should belong to pp&b in my opinion.

wow.stunning

Should be the NEW COVER for the album, damn!

Back