Do you celebrate him or mourn him?

Yeezy

Proud Member
I think tomorrow, it will be the day where the most feelings are felt, only second to 1 year ago. Mixed feelings. I know I will definitley shed a tear through the day. I sit here crying right now actually. While listening to Wanna Be Startin Somethin. A super upbeat song. But not feeling that at all. I actually started this thread to say I celebrate him. And since then I start crying. I can say right now. Come tomorrow I will be blasting his music every way I can celebrating him.

The greatest of all time!

I do hope to meet some of yous one day. Im not the most sociable person on the forum I have like 6 or 7 friends haha

I understand every single person that sheds a tear. Were not alone. Every fan should remember that. There are millions of us. You should know that because Michael sure did when he felt alone. He had us. And we have each other.

I love every single one of you.

i dont know how i will spend tommorow. im mixed. i will definetly be crying. alot. maybe listen to his music like iam right now. im listening to beat it. i just know that its going to be very hard. i think michael would want us to be happy but its so hard to be. very hard. at least for me. i wish i would be with all of you guys. it would be a much better day if i could be.

I will celebrate him. Definately. I'll be watching concert footage, listening to the music, I wouldnt do it any other way.

Kind of both so far actually. I just had a long conversation with my parents about how beautifully childlike MJ was. They've always felt the same way, which is nice. I'll probably watch some concerts tomorrow since it's already almost 1 am here in Sweden now, do some sort of celebration rather than feeling down.

Of course I'll be sad..but I'd prefer to celebrate his life than spend the day depressed. I'm going to be listening to his music, watching his videos and interviews and dancing the night away :)

In the moment I'm so sad that I think I will mourn him. I will listen to music and watch videos... it's a way of celebrate him too.

I will celebrate him of course. There's no need to be negative, that would make no sense to me. But of course it's going to be sad anyway. I'll go out and dance with my friends in public to Beat it, gonna be great. Take care guys and happy celebrating! (that's just a sad sentence, isn't it?...) gotta be strong!

Celebrate him, i live in France and it is 12:58 am here. I am listening to Smooth criminal live at Brunei right now picturing myself on stage dancing the way he does (sorry for sounding crazy that's what i often do when listening to his music), so i guess i'm celebrating him. Makes me kinda sad, but i'd rather listen to the part of myself that wanna have fun thanks to his work, than the part of myself that makes me wanna shake my head saying "i can't believe he's gone he must be somewhere."

Mourn - it's very hard to celebrate someone when someone was only able to live half their life.

I cried for about 10 minutes before. I feel full of it now. Bumping the music now. "The girl is sooo Dangeroussss!" His music! HIM! Love him sooo much!

Do it your own way guys.

Mourn - it's very hard to celebrate someone when someone was only able to live half their life.

I celebrate his life,everything he created was so amazing and we will always love him, but it's tough sometimes..That's kind of how I feel about it as well, forevermichael..He dedicated his whole life trying to help others, Michael deserved better

I definitely mourn him. I'm not over it enough to celebrate him, but I sincerily hope that day is not too far off. I'd love to smile again at the sight of him. I can't wait to be able to.

:huggy: for everyone, love you guys!

I don't want to mourn anymore. For once, I want to celebrate. :)

Both. I've been weepy all day. I'm sure tomorrow will be worse. I've been playing his music and just relaxing. I have to admit that every once in a while....BAM.... it hits me that he's not here, and the tears start *sigh*

I'll probably mourn him more than celebrate, but since I'm going to the WorldCry Event in Montréal, I guess we,ll be celebrating his life even if it ended. I'm a bit scared of my reaction for tomorrow.

I celebrate him. I celebrate the time I had on earth with him, that I could look up to him as a constant inspiration. I celebrate the fact that a poor little black boy from Gary Indiana - despite astronomical odds, became the superstar we all remember him as. I celebrate the fact that a whole family from an industrial town had 5 wonderful children that became superstars. That the whole family is a wonderment - an extremely talented group of stars all in their own right. And I celebrate. I feel incredibly honored to have shared my time with him. For that, I am so incredibly grateful.

I celebrate him everyday. I try not to mourn to much.

me too. i will definitely celebrate him, as i always do. i try not to focus on my sadness over not having him here anymore, but rather on the fact that he's finally free from all of his sadness. that's how i always try to look at it when a person i love passes away.

so rather than be sad, i'm going to try to remember how happy his music made me throughout my life. those are the memories i'll wrap myself in when everything starts to feel cold and lonely without him.

i can't say that i definitely will not be sad. i'll probably shed tears as i think back on that day one year ago. the pain is still there. it's just that i try not to dwell on it.

Well I'll admit it I am torn because I am still grieving for Michael but I will be listening to his music and watching his concerts, DVD's because I just feel the need to see him on this day more then ever!!

There have been and will be tears, but I will celebrate him.

I celebrate him. Although I wish he were still here, I celebrate the gift that he was and the gifts he left us . I look forward to seeing him in the afterlife.

A little bit of both. :(
I can't help but smile when I see him speak in interviews or hear his music, it's usually the tributes that get me down.. !

Back