crossing the line to lessen your anger by showing that haters see Michael as the biggest star

Proud Member
sometimes i write things that i don't want to write. and i think i put myself in a position to possibly hear things i don't want to hear. but i think i am recognizing possible things about the human mind...that i don't want to recognize. but they are things, that ironically, MAY, at least, take away the possible frustration, that i think i see on these boards, from fans, when it comes to haters. but for me to talk about these things, it takes crossing a line. and i have to go by what i see in the usa, because that is where i am. and, to me, it seems appropriate. tonight, as i wrote this post, it was the 24th of June 2010, in los angeles. and on my home page, it hit me squarely in the face, that msnbc was paying tribute to Farrah Fawcett, for the anniversary of her death. but they were doing it, one day, too early. and, they waited until the last hours of the evening, to do it. maybe i'm guessing. maybe i am getting ahead of myself. maybe i am taking a risk. but i cannot help but feel that msnbc and the today show are doing this, to make room for what i am betting they will do, tomorrow, in the usa. and, i am betting that all of the people that were being interviewed, that loved and still love Farrah, are very much aware of it, too. but, of course, they are not going to say this, on tv. yes..i could be very very wrong. it's just hard to believe that i am, on this. i watched the video about Farrah, and it was heartbreaking. but, all that time, was running through my mind, the possibility, that everybody in that video, including the hosts of the show, knew why they were doing this on the day before, instead of the day of the anniversary of her death. maybe those that love Farrah are too grief-stricken to see it. but..it's just kind of hard for me to believe they don't see it. they are aware of the importance of ratings to this company. so...if the company is aware of this...where do you think i am going with all this. i am sure you know.

i don't have much to work with, if this were not happening. and, like i said..it very well could be, that there will be no inkling of anything regarding Michael, on tomorrow, on msnbc. but, i have a real hard time believing that.

what is the harshest realization here?

well..there have been people who thought that Michael isn't seen as much, by haters, but are only simply see him as worth more dead than alive.

but this situation, here, where two great icons have died on the same day...

i cannot help but to think it. why didn't they wait till tomorrow for Farrah? why couldn't there be tributes for both on the same day? why wait till nearly midnight the night before for that one small video for Farrah?

i have read that on this site, haters can't see anything till they are approved. quite frankly, i don't know if anyone not a member of this site, will see this, and inform msnbc and then, things might change on how msnbc would handle tomorrow..

yeah...i feel like i am reaching, too..

but in a sense, i feel like i am not wrong.

why do the haters see the ratings with Michael and not with Farrah? both icons have died, so it cannot be said that haters didn't see Michael as the biggest star in the world, while he was alive, even though they spoke as if they thought of him as way less than the biggest star, while he was alive.

so...the next time, you encounter a hater, diminishing Michael, with their words, remember this post(if it hasn't been deleted)

then you will see that the haters always saw him as the biggest..and they are phony with the words you hear them say. then, you cannot really have a reason to get too frustrated with them. it might just be easier, to not take them seriously.

as prickly as this post is..

how do you think i feel about watching Meredith Viera, look so sad in the Farrah video, while this interview was being conducted, conveniently, THIS night? yet, for so long, she and others have shown their hate for Michael Jackson.
but, in the end, how they see the ratings, tells a different story of what's really inside these people.

it's a twisted form of respect for Michael, that they cannot get credit for.

yes..you are still grieving...but..perhaps..some of your frustration that might be added to that grief, might be lessened, by this. then again, you might already know this..

it's just that i see a lot of frustration aimed at haters. and sometimes, it looks to me, as if some fans think that those haters really don't see the greatness of Michael.

well..those haters do see it. but they're not getting credit for how they handle it.

how complicated is the human mind?

it goes right up there with how someone could hate such a person as Michael, whereas, as a fan said(paraphrasing)...hating him is like hating puppies and kittens.

of course, nobody has to answer, or post on this thread, if it makes them feel uneasy. i certainly understand. but, for however long this is here..it's just a reminder, that the entire world saw him as the most successful entertainer of all time, in every way. whether they love him for it, or hate him for it.

here is the video for Farrah, from msnbc, that was done on June 24th around 11pm msnbc time.

http://www.today.msnbc.msn.com/id/26184891/vp/37893727#37893727?from=en-us_msnhp&Gt1=43001

and..as a side note..the album that Sony gave Michael his hardest time with..(Invincible)(apart from the one they refused to let him release from 1999) Sony has decided they wanted to share publishing rights with Michael for. more than for any other album that he put out. sounds to me, like they thought this album would do quite well, despite what they said about it. just another example of what this entire post is all about. here is a link to all of the material that sony shares publishing with Michael on. notice, that it's mostly all from the Invincible album:

edit: the link for that is unavailable at the moment, because sony is doing maintenance on that site. hopefully, i can provide you with it, tomorrow.

anyway, there is no use in me apologizing for something that i couldn't help but post..

the fact is..i have seen a lot of fans think that they need the general public for Michael to stay relevant. i truly believe that this jarring post proves that there is no need for that thinking. there is no way Michael will ever not be relevant. and..there is no way that he ever WAS not relevant, before June 25, 2009.

the word 'ratings', especially in this situation, has been your cold blooded reminder of that.

i wish there was another way to show that that is the case. quite frankly, i don't see it.

also..for those that give me the impression that my hate for the media is a little too much...well...this post shows where i am coming from.

maybe i won't lessen your frustration about how the haters come across. maybe you'll just be mad at me, for posting this post. but i would dare think, that you would still see what i mean.

Yes Yes Yes! What you said, I agree. My family members (Most who couldnt stand Michael), now say "Michael's everywhere now, he's never been this famous, Now you have to forgive the media cuz they're making up for lost times..."~ What a lot of BULL SH**! Like you said, RATINGS comes to mind when I see all this VH1, MTV, BET, Fuse, E, and other channels doing a "tribute" to-NOT Michael but- the King Of Pop.

Haters are just haters cuz they dont want to believe that a unique man like Michael Jackson was created. You see, the world is supposed to have people who are manipulative, greedy, lying, cheaters...etc. But Mike was none of that so what can you get him for? If not for those things.

Thankyou again for this post...:)

L.o.v.e.
Romi

thank you for seeing through the harshness of my post, and for understanding.

Last edited:
well, the Farrah video was eliminated from the home page, after being on there for approximately, only one hour.

edit: well the Farrah video is back, after i posted this..

the date at the top of the msn home page is still the 24th, although it has passed midnight, and it is officially, the 25th. they have started the Michael barrage as the top story. and they hint that they will give you the chronological list of his humanitarian efforts, but, when you click on that link, you get a site that might make you think you have a virus..and it's just an advertising site. shoulda known i wouldn't really get that chronological humanitarian list on msn. here is the link to the barrage:

http://specials.msn.com/A-List/Michael-Jackson-death-anniversary.aspx?cp-documentid=24670814&
imageindex=1&gt1=36010

2nd edit: Farrah video has been eliminated, once again, from the msn home page(which is why i am glad i preserved it in the first post of this thread). Michael barrage remains, as top story, on the msn home page.

Last edited:

Haters are just haters cuz they dont want to believe that a unique man like Michael Jackson was created. You see, the world is supposed to have people who are manipulative, greedy, lying, cheaters...etc. But Mike was none of that so what can you get him for? If not for those things.

Thank you I couldn't have put it better myself!!!

Thank you 144,000.
God rest your sweet soul Farrah.
I will always remember you as a fighter who chose to take the long trip to the other side holding hands with Michael.

I think this was seen as well by how the Oscars treated Farrah as well. The didn't even give her recognition but they did with Michael. I remember friends/relatives of Farrah complaining about it as if Michael didn't deserve recognition. It wasn't his fault the was snubbed. It was interesting how they just referred to Michael simply as Michael Jackson not explanation given for what he did. They don't usually do that.

My mind works in an interesting way - for me Michael was acquitted on a Monday and so always think of the Monday of the week of 13 June as the anniversary day. Weird, I know. It is the same thing for his death. For me he died on a Thursday, so for me yesterday was the anniversary.

So when I saw the Farrah tribute my first thought was "hey, what about Michael?" Then I caught myself - everybody else is commemorating 25 June! And then I understood why Ms Fawcett's tribute was last night. It is because Michael Jackson was the bigger star and would garner more attention. Perhaps they did think that it would be unfair to have the two side by side because the disparity of coverage would be obvious. The better thing would be to honour Farrah, then Michael. Maybe that is how they figured it out.

But 144,000, I have to say that years ago I was laughing at the people in the media. They said Michael was washed-up, eccentric, weird, sexually perverted, etc but every little thing the man did discussed and examined under a microscope.

If Michael was irrelevant as they wanted us to think WHY talk about him? Other 'has been' stars fade from the public consciousness because the media have nothing to say about them.

In Michael's case it has always been that they KNEW they were dealing with a phenomenal, charismatic, intelligent genuis and they could not handle (for various reasons). As Michael so aptly said "AM I SCARY FOR YA???"

My mind works in an interesting way - for me Michael was acquitted on a Monday and so always think of the Monday of the week of 13 June as the anniversary day. Weird, I know. It is the same thing for his death. For me he died on a Thursday, so for me yesterday was the anniversary.

So when I saw the Farrah tribute my first thought was "hey, what about Michael?" Then I caught myself - everybody else is commemorating 25 June! And then I understood why Ms Fawcett's tribute was last night. It is because Michael Jackson was the bigger star and would garner more attention. Perhaps they did think that it would be unfair to have the two side by side because the disparity of coverage would be obvious. The better thing would be to honour Farrah, then Michael. Maybe that is how they figured it out.

But 144,000, I have to say that years ago I was laughing at the people in the media. They said Michael was washed-up, eccentric, weird, sexually perverted, etc but every little thing the man did discussed and examined under a microscope.

If Michael was irrelevant as they wanted us to think WHY talk about him? Other 'has been' stars fade from the public consciousness because the media have nothing to say about them.

In Michael's case it has always been that they KNEW they were dealing with a phenomenal, charismatic, intelligent genuis and they could not handle (for various reasons). As Michael so aptly said "AM I SCARY FOR YA???"

you're right.
actually, i'll paraphrase Slash who said it best:

"There was an eight year period where Michael Jackson was a pariah in America, and then on June 25th there was crying in the streets. Bullshit!'"

144,000, you are on point. yesterday on the TODAY SHOW i saw the FARRAH FAWCETT piece and instantly knew what NBC was up to. And i too wondered why her friends and loved ones like RYAN ONEAL, and ALAINA STEWART agreed to this. It seemed so unfair, but they need the publicity. Lots of people are commenting about the media over looking FARRAH.

The HATERS are fully aware that MJ is the greatest entertainer of all times.This is what drives their anger. And doubly so now that MJ is unstoppable. They are compelled to comment on every MJ article and reveal their ignorance. The media is and will always be about the bottom line. The media sacrifice MJ for profit. And will be cashing in for eternity.

isnt it for haters now unpossible to hate him because you see now alot of love for him? im mean you were wrong for loving him, and almost get hated yourself, and now its just the other way around. its almost impossible to hate him.. i hate it that people change there opion just to be cool or something like it.. where were they when we and MJ mostly needed them?

:S

then you will see that the haters always saw

it's just that i see a lot of frustration aimed at haters. and sometimes, it looks to me, as if some fans think that those haters really don't see the greatness of Michael.

well..those haters do see it. but they're not getting credit for how they handle it.

how complicated is the human mind?

it goes right up there with how someone could hate such a person as Michael, whereas, as a fan said(paraphrasing)...hating him is like hating puppies and kittens.

the fact is..i have seen a lot of fans think that they need the general public for Michael to stay relevant. i truly believe that this jarring post proves that there is no need for that thinking. there is no way Michael will ever not be relevant. and..there is no way that he ever WAS not relevant, before June 25, 2009.

the word 'ratings', especially in this situation, has been your cold blooded reminder of that.

i wish there was another way to show that that is the case. quite frankly, i don't see it.

also..for those that give me the impression that my hate for the media is a little too much...well...this post shows where i am coming from.

Thank you for these posts 144,000 and chosenone . I think capitalism is ruled by ratings=money even before 6/25/09 Michael always was a ratings winner at the expense of his soul, and now they know they don't have to persecute him and that celebrating him will do just fine. But like you said 144,00 this just shows that Michael was always relevant even though I never thought about it in that way. And he will always be relevant like you say. This radio station just mentioned "what contemporary artist can be so powerful that they play his music all day long? non!!

Haters have always known what a phenomenon he was and is- that's exactly why they hate him. Jealousy and envy are very strong human emotions.

I've always had this anxiety that Michael will be forgotten- that has been my greatest fear, but after your posts- I feel much better.

Thank you for these posts 144,000 and chosenone . I think capitalism is ruled by ratings=money even before 6/25/09 Michael always was a ratings winner at the expense of his soul, and now they know they don't have to persecute him and that celebrating him will do just fine. But like you said 144,00 this just shows that Michael was always relevant even though I never thought about it in that way. And he will always be relevant like you say. This radio station just mentioned "what contemporary artist can be so powerful that they play his music all day long? non!!

Haters have always known what a phenomenon he was and is- that's exactly why they hate him. Jealousy and envy are very strong human emotions.

I've always had this anxiety that Michael will be forgotten- that has been my greatest fear, but after your posts- I feel much better.

thanks for posting that, Tricia. that was really a sub reason(inside of me) why i posted this thread.

144,000, you are on point. yesterday on the TODAY SHOW i saw the FARRAH FAWCETT piece and instantly knew what NBC was up to. And i too wondered why her friends and loved ones like RYAN ONEAL, and ALAINA STEWART agreed to this. It seemed so unfair, but they need the publicity. Lots of people are commenting about the media over looking FARRAH.

Yep, that occurred to me too as I watched the Farrah piece on The Today Show yesterday. Strategic move for ratings. And I too wondered how Ryan O'Neal felt about this.

Back