6-25-09...NEVER FORGET(a recount of my day that day)

Princec5

Proud Member
Its amazing how a beautiful day can turn into a nightmare from hell in just a matter of minutes. I remember that same feeling on September 11, 2001 when the face of America was changed forever.

7:15 am- Started out like any other day. I had less then three weeks of Signals Analyis Training in Pensacola, FL. I was a few weeks away from graduating, and preparing for what was going to be one of the GREATEST and possibly most MEMORABLE summers of my life. -----Just a few months prior my hero and idol Michael Jackson had just announced a series of concerts in one of my favorite cities in the world. Myself, Nikki, Mandy, and Rico were already to get over to the UK to attend some of MJs shows and have the time of our lives.----

Like every other morning I woke up to the music of Tchaikovosky and started to get ready for school. After throwing on my uniform I am in my car driving to Corry Station in Pensacola, for a 12 hour day of learning and getting prepared for the final exams coming up at the end of the course.

12-15p.m.- Most of the time for lunch I will go to the nearby soul food restaurant , but that day I decided to go home. I was on facebook and my brother had popped up and told me that Farrah Fawcett had passed away. Just the day before I believe Ed McManhon had passed. Chad said the most interesting but puzzling statement, "All these celebs are dying mane, your boy Michael better watch out, dont want him to be next." I was like "yeah whatever, Mike aint going nowhere I gotta see him In London first." After my lunch break of course, I went back to base and did some more studying for the upcoming exams.

3:15 p.m. -The regular training was finally over for the day. It was a beautiful day outside and things were going so great. I had been pumped up everyday for the past few months because I was going to London to see MJ soon, and also I was about to finish 4 and a half grueling months of nonstop training. I decided to extend my school day with more studying so I went to the nearby Little Caesars to get two of those cheap 5 dollar pizzas. While waiting for the pizza I pulled out the iphone and check the latest and greatest on myspace and facebook. Someones status mentioned something about MJ being rushed to the hospital. Immediately as always when there is some breaking news with MJ I text my two best friends Nikki and Prescilla. I didnt hear back from neither one of them and I started to worry. Within 5 minutes, the phone went berserk. I turned on the radio and MJ songs are being played on every channel. One station had a DJ crying live on the air, which is something you dont hear everyday. All of a sudden I get those same chills I had when I seen the twin towers fall live on TV when I was in French class in 11th grade.

One call after the other was coming, people were calling me that I hadnt heard from or seen in at least 10 years. I knew something couldnt be right if this was happening. Within 25 minutes times I received 104 text messages. "MJ is Gone" "RIP" Even after all of those messages I didnt believe it until I heard it was confirmed, even though I had chills running through my entire body and butterflies in my stomach I did not believe the stories.

Around 4:35 p.m. I seen that my cousin Tia had called me and left a Voicemail, I didnt get a chance to hear the voicemail but I decided to just call her back. I pulled over to the side of the road, and I finally started crying when I reached her and asked her "was it true" and she said "yes"................................................................Oh My God, that was such an undescribable feeling and also so unforgettable. That is one moment that I will never forget as long as I live. Its like someone had stabbed me in the heart.

After that moment, its no point of going into detail what happened after that. Lets just say Ill keep it between me, myself, and I. For the next days, or should I say months, I was a total wreck. My mind was just blank, my body and my soul was weak and wore out . I had no motivation whatsoever to do anything, I was extremely tired, but I was so afraid to sleep for some reason. I was scared to have nightmares.

That 25th of June I can never forget. That day my heart and my soul died with Michaels. Looking past his career and his accomplishments, and his contributions to music and entertainment, we lost a true angel. MJ was one of a kind, and we should never forget him. We should honor his legacy beyond his musical achievements, he was a man that taught us love, peace, and unity. We love and miss you Michael. You will never be forgotten. -RIP

Back