I Saw His Fedora :)

strawberrypie999

Proud Member
Hi all!! It has been quite awhile since I have been on or about MJJC, but I just recently got back from a trip to Washington D.C. where I spent a few hours in the American History Smithsonium Museum. They had an entire section dedicated to the Apollo Theater (modeled to look like the Apollo as well) so I HAD to go inside.

They had one of Michael's fedoras there! Here are some pictures :) Mind they are kind of dark and blurry because I didn't want to use a flash (it is discouraged) but I really wanted to share this with you all!! I went back three different times while I was in the museum just to stare at it. I couldn't believe I was THAT close to something that he had worn.

I don't know which specific fedora it was or what he wore it during, but there was a picture of him dancing to Billie Jean beside it above the wording...maybe that was it??

Anyway, here are the pictures!:)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

oh wow!! that is incredible! Lucky you! Thanks for sharing!

CASEEEYYY! :wild: How cool that you got to see that, lovely pics!

Heyy!!! :D haha thanks!! I wish I got better ones, but I didn't wanna use my flash. They said something about how the light deteriorates the fabrics and fades the colors and I want it to stay perfect for everyone else who goes to see it :)

Thank you so much for sharing your pics and your experience...to be THAT close to one of Michael's fedoras is amazing..:D...to bad he wasn't wearing it..:blush:

Hi, welcome back! :) Very cool you got to see the fedora. I wish I had gone in that museum when I went to D.C. in October, but I don't know if they had it there then.

I know how you feel, years ago while on vacation in Florida at MGM Studios a store there had celebrity memorbillia and they had a autographed fedora of Michael's along with signed pictures. I couldn't get over the fact that I was seeing something he wore and touched. Like you I kept going back to stare at it and I took a picture of it too!

I'm pretty sure that his fedora has been there for awhile because the picture they had hanging above it was not extremely recent. (Atleast I don't think it was) They had a lot of James Brown, Ray Charles and even a few Prince things back in that room also. Very cool! \

And thanks for the Welcome Back! I'm happy to be back!!!

Back