In Defense Of The King (MJ's Bodyguards possible book?)

souldreamer7

Proud Member
Hello Guys. :waving:
- Remember Michael Jackson's former bodyguards that were on Good Morning America who spoke fondly of him during the interviews? I recall the possibility they were to publish a book titled In Defense Of The King - I haven't seen any updates about the book. Have any of you heard anything about if and when this book will be published and if so when it will be out?

- I've found some things online- fan boards stating that the book was to be out in June - but since the airing of halperin's documentary "Gone Too Soon" on June 25th of this year that they delayed it till August this year to clear-up & defend what halperin had said of Michael in their book. ..And of their to be book - didn't the bodyguards say that they were to donate the proceeds to charity? I also have seen that fans found [one] of the bodygaurds on Twitter and they were asking questions about Michael. From what I've seen of their replys - the bodyguard(s) answered respectfully about Michael to fans in their tweets,but still I've found no info. about when this book will be out. I am not sure how you feel about all this,but I would like to read the book,as long as it is respectful. If anyone knows any new updates..Please post here.

Thanks. :)

Updates: - Links below to Book Info.

Facebook

Offcial Site

GMA Interviews:

MJ's former bodyguards speak-out. GMA

MJ's former bodyguards speak-out. GMA

(as sloride asked - let's keep this thread about 'The Book' :)
link to thread disscussing only bodyguards fans q&a's )
http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90610
:wub:

Last edited:
Re: In Defense Of The King (MJ's Bodyguards book)

I think this starts with 1, once a bodyguard from Michael tells people how Michael was, and see that they can make money out of him, then 10 bodyguards going to do the same, everytime i did see Michael on the news, he had 10 bodyguards or less around him.

I don't know if Michael ever had bodyguard witch was with him 24/7 because i only know Michael from news and tv shows, but i don't know him in personal life. And why is this so special?

Still i would read the book just out of curiousity

Yes I remember the bodyguards speaking very fondly of Michael :) , called Michael an angel :) and I hope the book would be respectful and show Michael Jackson the beautiful human being in a beautiful light. I would like to read it.

They have many friends on Facebook. I don't believe they've announced the official date yet, but I'm sure everyone will know quickly when they do.

Thanks for the link... Although I am 'Not' asking about 'the bodyguards'

I am asking about 'Updates about their Book'... as in when it will come out to buy. :)
Thanks! Some fans have told me that they did not gave new updates about the book. If I am not mistaken, they said they wanted to launch in August on the anniversary of Michael. Maybe we will have new updates soon.

If we keep this thread for the news about the book on its own and we keep the other thread for the q and a's they do on their Facebook page I think that will work best. Cheers guys :)

Yes I remember the bodyguards speaking very fondly of Michael :) , called Michael an angel :) and I hope the book would be respectful and show Michael Jackson the beautiful human being in a beautiful light. I would like to read it.
they never called him an angel. Actually they sold Michael's privacy for money, and they only worked 2 years for Michael. Michael's long time bodyguard Marvin Butts who worked with Michael for 15 years called him an angel in his latest interview, and he had nothing to do with this book.

I think this is their website
http://indefenseoftheking.com/

The MJ's Bodyguards wrote yesterday on their face book page!

MJs Bodyguards: "Sorry for our absence; We've been Relentlessly working on our book, however many publishers insist we write about more controversy and feed into the Media frenzy that made MJ distance himself from the world. We've been offered Millions of $$$ to disclose trash about MJ.....We HAVE NOT or WILL NOT turn our backs on Mr. ...Jackson, his kids or his fans. Thank you for your contined support, love and blessings! BJM"

Last edited:

Does anyone know the Facebook Page for the Bodyguards? Thanks.

They have many friends on Facebook. I don't believe they've announced the official date yet, but I'm sure everyone will know quickly when they do.

Thank You for this info. :hug:

- MJs Bodyguards:
"Sorry for our absence; We've been Relentlessly working on our book, however many publishers insist we write about more controversy and feed into the Media frenzy that made MJ distance himself from the world. We've been offered Millions of $$$ to disclose trash about MJ.....We HAVE NOT or WILL NOT turn our backs on Mr. ...Jackson, his kids or his fans. Thank you for your contined support, love and blessings! BJM"
- Also Later today the will take Q's an A's!
Hi!
That is an interesting response. I suppose we will have to wait and see what happens. Thanks for the updates. :)

Ankita
I am pretty sure that they cared for Michael too. :)

sloride
Thanks for replying. I hope we can keep this thread going with positive discussion & new book updates etc. Cheers. :)

loveforever
Thanks for the link! :)

di12
Thanks for the Facebook link! :)

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks everyone for your answers thus far. Let's keep this thread going if you're interested in this.

:wub:

Last edited:

MJs Bodyguards: "Sorry for our absence; We've been Relentlessly working on our book, however many publishers insist we write about more controversy and feed into the Media frenzy that made MJ distance himself from the world. We've been offered Millions of $$$ to disclose trash about MJ.....We HAVE NOT or WILL NOT turn our backs on Mr. ...Jackson, his kids or his fans. Thank you for your contined support, love and blessings! BJM"

That's really terrible, but unsurprising. I'm glad they're not interested in feeding the media machine. Perhaps they should go with an independent publisher. This was the same problem Aphrodite Jones faced.

I really hope this book gets completed.... I really want a copy!

I hope this book makes tons of money--maybe the press/media/publishers
will discover that truth sells.

It's a shame when publishers purposely want to lie to it's book buyers! Like don't we get enough of that through the media! Can't even enjoy a damn book with real facts either!? Geez! I hope the MJ BG's really do what's right and not go for the money!

They rather self publish if it gets to be to much! They said that the publishers want MORE controversy so I'm guessing the book will have that already provided by the body guards?! But, unfortunately it's the only part the publishers are worried about and want more of! That's so messed up! I will wait a long while to buy this book! I have to know what is in it first (especially now with this B.S), instead of buying it right away!

I'm hoping the book gets published. I wish them luck with finding the right company to do so.

Edit:
I have found the Q&A's thread now that's it's back on the main page & I am now wondering...I'll just wait & see though.

Last edited:

That's really terrible, but unsurprising. I'm glad they're not interested in feeding the media machine. Perhaps they should go with an independent publisher. This was the same problem Aphrodite Jones faced.

Yes, definately self publish and keep their integrity would be best.

Is this book out now? its nov and i thought it was planned aug 2010?? or am i wrong?

Awesome, very very good. Wow, there are actually honest and truly genuine people out there. Money is the root of all evil, but gladly not for everyone.

Thanks Ashtanga :hug:

Ingelief

It just means that No one has heard from the body guards via their Facebook/twitter in awhile. There hasn't been any new Updates from them.

Seriously...what the **** is wrong with this world? I mean.....what the hell has this good man EVER done to these people? These publishers...i...sigh, it's just so frustrating and pissing me off so much. How horrible can people actually be? This man has done practically nothing but good in his life, never received the well deserved credit for it, and they just keep trashing him, even after his death.

This is just disgusting. KUDOS...LOTS OF KUDOS to these bodyguards though.

Back