~*Best of Stephen King: Favorite Character, Book, Movie, Et All...*~

BillieJean84

Proud Member
Ok so I have not read any of Stephen King's books lol ... just because I have not bought any. However, I have seen a lot of his movies. Obviously there is a big difference between the script and the novel / books.

So I'm asking everyone here what everyone's favorite book / movie / character, and how do the books differ- since I've never read. :wub:

I like: Cat's Eye
Christine
Pet Semetary is ok
IT
Misery
Carrie (1978 Sissy Spacek)

I HATE how at the end of IT, IT was just a big huge spider ...

p.s. did you disable smilies? I'm trying to put smilies here but theres no list of and they are not showing up here even when I click on the 'smilies' button here at the bottom....

Last edited:
i have read quite a few.................don't like the real horror like the more supernatural sort and the people based ones

my favourites are

Misery
Rose Madder
Needful Things
Thinner

i have read all those ones about four times each!!!!

I thoroughly enjoyed reading It, its much better than the movie.
I'm in the middle of reading Duma Key now, half way through
Stephen King is my all time favourite author, I have all of his books!.

Shawhanks redemption
The Green Mile
Thinner
The dead zone
Desperation
Cell

Just to name some of my favourites...

I Especially liked the dead zone, shawhanks redemption and the green mile

Edit: Dolores Claiborne is a great one too!

aaaw yeah i like dolores claiborne as well

i haven't read any in ages....apart from re reads of old ones............are there any more along the lines of the type i like........the ones i listed like the poeple ones rather than the ones like it or pet semetary?

are there any newer ones that are that type as well?

Oh, I have a collection Stephen King books! I haven't read any in ages though! *Runs upstairs to look at the books* Ok...I believe The Stand and It are my absolute favourites! :yes:

Amelia,

Have you read The Dead zone?

Its not new but i think you would like it...its not that scary and 'sick' as some other books, LOL...

hi

no haven't read that one

what is it about without giving too much away?

I love Stephen King and have read most of the stories/books you guys have mentioned. Not sure what my favorite is though. Misery? Lots of his stories were short stories or novella's. I loved those so much. I haven't read anything of his in a long time though. I used to have a huge collection of his books but I threw most of them out a few years ago (stupid) and now I only have a few.:( Someday I am going to re-read them. I should get an e-reader.

The Dead zone is about a guy that was in a coma for a long time and when he wakes up from it he has new abilities ;).

I had a few Stephen King books. I said had because the one Stephen King I had lost back when I was in high school. The book was Nightmares & Dreamscapes I never did gotten around to replacing that book. Now the only 2 Stephen King books I have now are The Shining and Night Shift. I would like to get more of his books since Stephen King and V.C. Andrews have always been 2 of my favorite authors. Now as for Stephen's movies I have seen Practically almost all of them. My absolute favorite movies of his are:

The Langoliers
Rose Red
Misery
Dolores Claiborne
The Stand
Storm Of The Century
It
Thinner
The Shining (Both versions)
Children Of The Corn
Pet Sematary
Pet Sematary 2
and The Tommyknockers

But the ones I really L.O.V.E. are the ones that Stephen had appeared in them. The Langoliers, Rose Red, and the 2nd version of The Shining are my favorites that he has appeared in them.

I loved how The Green Mile came in a series of small paperback installments. Oh, how fun it was getting through each one. Light reading - literally. For a change I didn't have to carry a ten pound Stephen King novel. Some of his books are so heavy. :eek:

Carrie :w00t:
Misery
The green mile
It
Cristine

my favorites :)

I know the trajectory of a writer/life of Stephen and many people told me that his books are wonderful, BUT I never read his books. Shame that! :doh: :blush:

Where should I start? lol! :D This thread made me curious to get to read them immediately. :wild:

I also want to say that although I have not read any of his books- I can say that he is a great writer because of the material that comes from his mind. It makes you wonder, growing up I would say in the 40's / 50's ... what kind of a wild childhood he had, what kind of adventures that a young Stephen King went on at a young age. I'm sure he has had many different experiences in his 50+ years of living.

Thats where a lot of his material comes from ; growing up. I know hes spoken in interviews about what he did younger, etc.

Back