Cartoon Classics

BillieJean84

Proud Member
I was wondering, when I was little I used to watch on tv I guess Sat Morning Cartoons, classic cartoons from the 50's / 60's- this was in the 80's. Stuff like Pink Panther cartoon, Yogi Bear, Tom & Jerry, Wyle E. Coyote & Road Runner, etc anything from Warner & Hanna- Barbara.

I loved watching these cartoons & probaly still would. Anyone know where I can find the complete shows? I think amazon has some but its just 'best of'

Lets discuss these cartoons. Whats everyone's favorite? Sylvester? Tweety?

ps I also loved Disney too but I think they were completely different

Great memories. :wild: BillieJean84, I like them all that you mentioned in your post, but I remember I loved watching "The Muppets". :wub:

muppets.jpg

:heart:

I really do not like the cartoons we have today, maybe I'm getting old. I'm still in love with all the cartoons of the past. :wild: :wub:

Look:

51U3vfmI3gL._SS400_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/TOON-Treasury-Classic-Childrens-Comics/dp/0810957302/ref=pd_sim_b_3

This book seems to be wonderful. A great trip back to childhood! :baby: :wild: :wub:

Lots of them are censored because they aren't politically correct. Friggin interest groups.

I also don't like today's cartoons either. I prefer the 80s cartoons like:

Rainbow Brite
Strawberry Shortcake
My Little Pony
Care Bears
Jem
Punky Brewster
Garfield
Heathcliff
Thunder Cats
Muppet Babies
The Get Along Gang
Ducktales
Chip And Dale Rescue Rangers
Winnie The Pooh
Gummi Bears
The Wuzzles
and The Popples

They were just some of my favorite cartoons that I just so L.O.V.E. to watch back then. And I so wish that they still show all of those cartoons on tv now. I have seen the cartoons that today kids are watching on tv now. And I think they are absolutely horrible. Today's kids to me need to watch the cartoons that I grew up watching and L.O.V.E. Especially Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake. Who were 2 of my idols back then. I still even have all of my Rainbow Brite and Strawberry Shortcake dolls. Which I am so glad I had kept all of these years.

Im absolutely fascinated with the very early Popeye cartoons.

Popeye meets Sinbad the Sailor. To think they could make animations like that back then, I didnt think it was possible. 1936 its from.

Remember Thundercats (I think the name is) from the 80s. that was good too. But I like watching the 50/60s cartoons my mom & dad grew up on.

Bugs Bunny! When I was a kid in the 70's my sister and cousin would act out episodes of Bugs Bunny cartoons. We had so much fun with that scwewy Wabbit, Elmer Fudd, Daffy Duck and all those great Looney Tunes characters.

elmer_fudd_bugs_bunny.jpeg

I also remember loving Underdog:

Underdog_300.gif

Quick Draw McGraw

quickdraw.jpg

Jetsons

jetsons.jpg

Flintstones - Which is celebrating a 50 year anniversary

the-flintstones.jpg

LOL Magilla Gorilla :lol:

magillagorilla.jpg

Bullwinkle and Boris & Natashia (my sister had a Boris & Natashia doll)

Rocky-Bullwinkle-cn02.jpg

I could just go on and on. There are just too many to mention that brought joy and laughter to my childhood!!!

Edit: Oh yeah, can't forget these guys. ;)

j5cartoon3.jpg

Last edited:
OMG how could I forget about the Jackson 5 cartoons. I remember being 4 and 5 years old back in the mid 80s and was just absolutely in L.O.V.E. with those cartoons. Especially Michael who was my absolute favorite out of them. I also L.O.V.E. all of the old cartoons that were mention and I remember watching those as well. But the ones that I really L.O.V.E. was the ones that came out in the 80s.

yes thank you- those cartoons posted above are the ones I remember watching growing up. I think Looney Tunes was anbother cartoon show, however, I think there was more but I can't really remember what they were. I think one cartoon from 60's was Woody Woodpecker. I used to love that show. Of course mentioned previously is Pink Panther- the original movie was good too with Peter Sellers.

I love Wyle E. Coyote, Daffy Duck, Bugs Bunny ....are the 3 I can think of.

I love most of the cartoons. I love see the old cartoons today which some of them are on Teletoon Retro. I saw some a couple of years ago like Pink Panther and Tom & Jerry (75' version). I'm very crazy with Donald Duck.

I love and miss the classic cartoons especially the Disney princess cartoons and mickey mouse series. I adore the carebears and smug too. These were what I watched with my siblings when I was kid. Just miss them !

Remember Thundercats (I think the name is) from the 80s. that was good too. But I like watching the 50/60s cartoons my mom & dad grew up on.
Yes, I love the Thundercats! I also liked the Flintstones, the Jetsons, the Galaxy Rangers, Saber Rider, the real Ghostbusters, He-Man, She-Ra, Dogtanian and the three Muskehounds, Rose of Versailles, the Gargoyles, Bravestarr, the Raccoons (anyone remember this Canadian cartoon?), Reporter Blues (watched this in France), Speedy Gonzales, Bugs Bunny

[YOUTUBE]loAtfAIQ7k4[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone remember this? I do. Well I don't remember watch the rest, only a little half of it as my mom taped it for me. 1:10, I love that sound it's so funny I could laugh at it again. Then 4 years later it's like this show turned into "Quack Attack" which I also loved.

captaincaveman-det.gif

I love Captain Caveman. :wild:

Oh, you reminded me of those! They were cool :wild:

I also liked the Flintstones (was fascinated with the way they used their household items), Wyle E. Coyote, Bugs Buny, the Racoons (yes, we had these on tv as well). I never liked Tom and Jerry too much, though, because I loved cats and Tom was (almost) always the loser :tease:

Oh, you reminded me of those! They were cool :wild:

I also liked the Flintstones (was fascinated with the way they used their household items), Wyle E. Coyote, Bugs Buny, the Racoons (yes, we had these on tv as well). I never liked Tom and Jerry too much, though, because I loved cats and Tom was (almost) always the loser :tease:

I know I hate how they do that. Also with Wyle E. Coyote, hes my favorite character but he always lost. And with Sylvester and Tweeety ; I didnt like Tweety. lol.

the Racoons (yes, we had these on tv as well).
Cool! :D I used to love Cyril Sneer

Other cartoons I used to watch:
Turbo Teen
Defenders of the Earth
Ulysses 31
Dungeons & Dragons
Darkwing Duck
The Wonderous Koala Blinky
Scooby Doo
Yogi Bear
The Legend of Prince Valiant

Hanna Barbera cartoons are great. Back when toons weren't watered down and didn't have to be politically correct. It's especially fun to watch shows like The Flintstones and The Jetsons because you catch all the adult jokes, and they represent the era in which they were made. I like to catch them on Boomerang channel whenever I need to pass some time.

I also really miss the way Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and Disney channel used to be. About the only cartoon that is still running that I liked when I was younger is Spongebob. That's the only time I would put on Nickelodeon if it's on.

spongebob is some adult humor but I have noticed theres a huge difference the way cartoons are made from the 50's/ 60's and even 80's and present. Again, its so "politically correct" bs

Back