I Met Johnny Depp Today..

little bluenes

Proud Member
They are filming, or rather were filming the new pirates of the carrabean movie at my University. And i got the oppotunity to meet Johnny Depp on his last day of filiming which was today- he seemed really sweet, and quiete shy, got a hug and a kiss- i was soo excited by it all! and then suddenly remembered, and was saddened by the fact that'l ill never ever get a chance to meet MJ like this. Has anyone else gone through a similar high, and then sudden low, after meeting some celebrity or star? Simply because it wasnt Michael him self? Even i really love Johnny i think he is super tallented!

Wow, what a chance! I love Johnny :D

Can't answer your question though, never met big celebrities. Do agree I feel sad about never seeing/meeting Michael.

Wow, i think Johnny is amazing.

I have a similar expierience since i am a fan of Michael as well as some others (even though Michael is my biggest love and most of the people i really admire have passed away now).
When i met Mika shortly after Michael had passed i felt so bad that i will never be able to Meet michael, shake his hand, get a hug, etc....

It even felt unfair towards Mika who was really kind (my sister gave him "Dancing the dream' and he loved it) and i do admire him....

I just felt sad that my ultimate hero, the biggest star of all, had passed and that i again realised i'll never meet him again in this lifetime (not in person anyway, only in spirit).

No marriage proposal? tut tut tut...

I 2nd this..!! Johnny is :heat: :swoon:

I third this! he is gorgeous in person! soo sweet, he was quiete shy too! and has really soft hands i remeber thinking, after i gave him a peck on the cheek! that his beard was so lovely lol. he seemed quiete embarressed by all the attention, like a really humble guy. I AM very glad i met him, after Michael he was the next star i really wanted to meet- and now i have. Im still a little over whelmed by it all. But im just soo sad i missed out on meeting Michael! i probably wound'nt have been able to compose my self, or speak coherntly if i did (actually thats kind of what i did when i met Johnny!) but it would have been an awesome experiance.

Wow. You're so lucky. Even to get a hug and a kiss? :wild:

I saw a number of big celebrities when I went to Comic Con this year. I thought that was pretty surreal, but I only met one of them. That was Lindsay Wagner from the Bionic Woman TV show. I had never seen the show though, it was my mom who wanted to meet her and get her autograph because she was a big fan. And yes I did think during this whole time I wish I could have met or seen MJ in that way.

The only other sort of celebrity I actually knew was Courtland Mead. He was in Tom & Huck, the TV remake of The Shining, and The Little Rascals movie. He also did a lot of voice work for Disney. My friend introduced me to him, and he moved on our street. My mom babysit his twin sisters a few times. He was ok, but it was kinda strange too. My friend and I had falling outs sometimes, so we'd not always spend time together. One day Courtland saw us together and said "I thought you guys weren't friends anymore?" I don't know. It seemed like he was jealous or something. I think he was pretty close to my friend and wanted to have her all to himself. She had connections. She knew Jonathan Taylor Thomas (Simba :D) too. I think she told me I might get to meet him one day, but I never did. Courtland seemed to have a pretty dysfunctional family too, but they moved away. He hasn't done anything for ages. He grew up and that was that.

Anyway sorry for the length :unsure:, but that was that story.

My dad has actually seen a bunch of celebrities in first class when he has gone on business trips. He's seen Kim Basinger, Bono, and Dennis Hopper

My mom was also friends with an actor, not a big one, but I can't think of his name at the moment.

^^ wow, that sounds pretty cool too. Johnny is the only famous person i have Ever met, i kinda met him once before at the Alice in wonderland Premier in Leicster square- but if you call him driving past us in a car a meeting? eh. And i did Kinda seen JLS too, but they don't excite me as much.

Well he was soo sweet i even had a funny moment with him that day.

We were all waiting in line, there werent that many people there- it was quiet dark and we'd all been waiting for about half an hour. The only reason i knew where to be was because i happened to get really friendly with the security guard in charge, and he told us when and where to go- i really owe him! so we were waiting, in kinda of a line behind the barriear, a long line of people, and the security told us that he couldnt sign anything just hugs and kisses! (i thought this was much better!)

Me and my three friends were waiting at the end of the line. And then suddenly i could here a hustle bussling further down the line and i looked and there he was! what was funny was that i was getting embaressed looking at him so kept looking away! Eventually he made his way to us at the end, by the time he got to my friend (lets call her Amy!) i had gone star struck. He was stood right next to me! he hugged and kissed her- and Amy asked me to take a picture of them. He made this really cute face, i tried to take a picture but it didnt work out i couldnt concentrate. And then one of the Guards said 'we've got to be quick!' then Johnny said something like 'im sorry hes' make me be quick sorry!' he sounded just like Jack Sparrow lol. Then (and all my friends agree on this) that he backed away alittle when he saw me. I stuck my hand out and said 'you havent shook my hand yet!' then he took it and kissed me and i gave him a peck on the cheek. And the guards kinda urshered me away after that and all the four of us ran down the field screaming! In retrospect i felt so stupid for doing that!we the only ones that screamed.

My friend reckons the reason he backed away when he got to us is because we we firstly the only asian people in the line and then we had scarfs on,because we are muslim, and he backed away thinking should i or should i not kiss them? would i offend them if i do? or something like that, anyway when he did and we ran away Screaming at the top of our lungs he might think he'd curroupted us! i find the idea of thisss soooooooo hilarious! But he was so sweet! and now Im going to see him again today! i can't wait! lol

cool...the only celebrity I've ever met was a Romanian actor...he was one of the greatest Romanian actors...I met him at the grocery store:lmao:...and he wouldn't stop talking:toofunny:

Well he was soo sweet i even had a funny moment with him that day.

We were all waiting in line, there werent that many people there- it was quiet dark and we'd all been waiting for about half an hour. The only reason i knew where to be was because i happened to get really friendly with the security guard in charge, and he told us when and where to go- i really owe him! so we were waiting, in kinda of a line behind the barriear, a long line of people, and the security told us that he couldnt sign anything just hugs and kisses! (i thought this was much better!)

Me and my three friends were waiting at the end of the line. And then suddenly i could here a hustle bussling further down the line and i looked and there he was! what was funny was that i was getting embaressed looking at him so kept looking away! Eventually he made his way to us at the end, by the time he got to my friend (lets call her Amy!) i had gone star struck. He was stood right next to me! he hugged and kissed her- and Amy asked me to take a picture of them. He made this really cute face, i tried to take a picture but it didnt work out i couldnt concentrate. And then one of the Guards said 'we've got to be quick!' then Johnny said something like 'im sorry hes' make me be quick sorry!' he sounded just like Jack Sparrow lol. Then (and all my friends agree on this) that he backed away alittle when he saw me. I stuck my hand out and said 'you havent shook my hand yet!' then he took it and kissed me and i gave him a peck on the cheek. And the guards kinda urshered me away after that and all the four of us ran down the field screaming! In retrospect i felt so stupid for doing that!we the only ones that screamed.

Aww that's so great :lol: I'm a bit jealous now I have to admit :innocent:

BTW this was actually mentioned quickly in our news! "Johnny Depp surprised students" There was some girl who had written him a letter, am I right?

They are filming, or rather were filming the new pirates of the carrabean movie at my University. And i got the oppotunity to meet Johnny Depp on his last day of filiming which was today- he seemed really sweet, and quiete shy, got a hug and a kiss- i was soo excited by it all! and then suddenly remembered, and was saddened by the fact that'l ill never ever get a chance to meet MJ like this. Has anyone else gone through a similar high, and then sudden low, after meeting some celebrity or star? Simply because it wasnt Michael him self? Even i really love Johnny i think he is super tallented!

Wow, that was so cool. You are very lucky, or should i say blessed. I'm not surprised by your impression of him. When i first saw the title of the thread i thought you were one of the kids involved in this :D

but then i realized this took place today and your thread was started earlier. Plus, it looks like you are a 'bit' older than them kids since u go to uni and all. Congrats again. :clapping:

I was actually talkin' with mates at work about it after i read it. I thought it was sooo cool and nice of him and his fellow cast members to do that.

Please define celebrity for me. I've seen/passed by a few local celebs in my lifetime, i've talked/refused to toast with some high figures in terms of politics at national (and by refusal i mean our excuse for a president) and international level and i've had some help from high places, but that don't mean the fame/status itself is what impressed me and made any of those people interesting, or in certain cases despicable to me, but rather what they did and what they stood for - some for good, others for evil, bad is not a word strong enough to describe certain people.

About Michael...i know how sad that is and i know i'm askin' a very difficult thing for most, but please try and leave him out of this kind of experiences and simply enjoy the company of the person you are seeing - famous or not. It is not right or fair to compare anyone to Michael, to him or to the people you are seeing. Of course he will always have a special place in all our hearts, but so should all the other people in your lives - cherish them all and never fail to tell them how much you appreciate and love them.

God bless you everyone :) and God bless Johnny Depp and his amazing family. I still enjoy Joe, le taxi verrry much :cheeky:

Wow lucky you meeting Johnny! :D
I havent met any really big celebrities, but when I recently went to a concert of famous singers it was great but the thought crossed my mind that it would never happen again with the ultimate star.

OMG I love Johnny Depp _he is my fav actor and yes he is so gorgeous
but I understand how you feel. Whenever something happens that is suppose to
be exciting in music or with celebs I always think of Michael and its bittersweet
because I so want him here and for him to be recieving all the love & adulation.

Wow, that was so cool. You are very lucky, or should i say blessed. I'm not surprised by your impression of him. When i first saw the title of the thread i thought you were one of the kids involved in this :D

but then i realized this took place today and your thread was started earlier. Plus, it looks like you are a 'bit' older than them kids since u go to uni and all. Congrats again. :clapping:

I was actually talkin' with mates at work about it after i read it. I thought it was sooo cool and nice of him and his fellow cast members to do that.

Please define celebrity for me. I've seen/passed by a few local celebs in my lifetime, i've talked/refused to toast with some high figures in terms of politics at national (and by refusal i mean our excuse for a president) and international level and i've had some help from high places, but that don't mean the fame/status itself is what impressed me and made any of those people interesting, or in certain cases despicable to me, but rather what they did and what they stood for - some for good, others for evil, bad is not a word strong enough to describe certain people.

About Michael...i know how sad that is and i know i'm askin' a very difficult thing for most, but please try and leave him out of this kind of experiences and simply enjoy the company of the person you are seeing - famous or not. It is not right or fair to compare anyone to Michael, to him or to the people you are seeing. Of course he will always have a special place in all our hearts, but so should all the other people in your lives - cherish them all and never fail to tell them how much you appreciate and love them.

God bless you everyone :) and God bless Johnny Depp and his amazing family. I still enjoy Joe, le taxi verrry much :cheeky:

No i don't attend that school but i wish it did! lol but whats soo funny is that this school is literally outside my window! i can hear the kids screaming and playing every morning and i walk past it every single day. So its even more surreal he was this close to where i live. I saw this afterwards, and had another spazz attack. And Guess what? My friend, who got TWO kisses- (i am slightly jelous she got the two) had a cold the next day, and we found out that Johnny had a cold too! so she caught his cold when he kissed her! and i was actually jelous of her being ill!

Your right about keeping Michael out of these experiances, just to remember the good of the experiance. But i couldnt help it. Its kinda of like, a what if thing that happened in my head. Like what if it had been Michael? how would I have reacted THEN? and then its like ughhh. But i love Johnny non the less. I plan to marry him.

Back