'Glee' to Take on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in Super Bowl Episode

MJStorm

Proud Member
'Glee' to Take on Michael Jackson's 'Thriller' in Super Bowl Episode

Michael Jackson's "Thriller" will be the latest iconic song to get the Glee treatment, Entertainment Weekly reports.

While the Fox hit will abandon the themed-episode as had been widely speculated, the post-Super Bowl episode will revolve around the musical dramedy's sports story lines and see the glee club perform a "Thriller" mash-up during the McKinley High football team's championship game.

The episode will be sponsored by General Motors, likely meaning fewer commercial breaks.

Previous speculation suggested the post-Super Bowl episode would be a tribute episode revolving around a specific musician — as Glee has previously done with Britney Spears and Lady Gaga — with Elton John being considered. EW also confirmed that a John tribute is expected to be among this season's back-nine.

The episode also will feature fan favorites Darren Criss — whose "Teenage Dream" recently became the show's best-selling download — and Dot-Marie Jones as well as Jane Lynch's Sue Sylvester's cheerleading team competing at regionals.

The Super Bowl is Feb. 6 on Fox.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glee-michael-jacksons-thriller-super-46690

PS: :mat::mat::mat::mat::mat::mat::mat::mat:

Makes sense they'd spotlight Michael February. That's a sweeps month and high ratings that month can up their advertising rates for upcoming quarters.

am............ i like glee.......... but.......... yay? i dunno anymore..........

Oh NO.

I keep thinking its just me getting old (im only 23), but is good music getting ruined day by day in recent years??
There's goes that rumour that it would atleast be a Janet episode.

Stupid *&^*$

I am gay, but why do 'I' feel like they are trying to sell me out with all this camp rubbish.

Somebody stop it...please!! lol

Can the estate please try and stop this. I'm sorry but NO ONE from a 2nd rate Fox show should be touching anything Michael Jackson.

Same goes for American Idol.

Lol, I kinda like glee. It's so stupid that it's funny :lol:
It can't really bother me if they sing a song of Michael or from someone else. Don't know why anyone would mind? It's not that they are doing it to make Michael look bad or something.

Well, look at it like this.. Glee's only doing Thriller and Thriller has been done to death anyway :lol:
You know how Glee brings out covers that people *think* are better than the original/ the only versions they will ever listen to? It's okay, because everyone knows Thriller already (and they're not touching the most beautiful of Michael's songs)!

Lol, I kinda like glee. It's so stupid that it's funny :lol:
It can't really bother me if they sing a song of Michael or from someone else. Don't know why anyone would mind? It's not that they are doing it to make Michael look bad or something.

In that case, I will support it ! :)

I really like Glee, but I'm generally disappointed when they take on any of my longtime favorites (like Total Eclipse of the Heart). However it's introduced me to some new music that I missed the first time around or was too young for. Maybe it'll introduce Thriller to a whole new audience and young kids will buy the album!

the word 'glee' was a turnoff from the beginning for me. i never watched the show cus i thought it would be really lame. i bet fox asked them to do the Thriller thing..glee thoought of doing it, gm asked for it..etc. lol and as a poster said, they'll say its better than MJ's performance...

fox saw what winfrey did, and said, liet's do some Michael jckson, somehow..

i don't wanna see this.. leave Michael to Michael..i've had enough of wannabes

I came to this thread like 'oh cool!' and then reading in here is, uhm....:doh:

C'mon people. Get rid of that everlasting unnecessary negativity.

Their first MJ themed thing was cool, with MJ in heave and seeing how his music got destroyed, he returned to earth. That was Glee, right?

yay i LOVE glee its about time they did an MJ song, I was hoping for a whole tribute episode though

I will watch it Orthani said that she will be on there too and that its a mash up with another song. Lets see what they do with it.

I love Glee and I do think it brings in new fans of the older stuff. That can only be a good thing IMO. Why, it finally made me watch Rocky Horror before I saw the episode, just so I could catch all the references. I ended up becoming completely obsessed with that movie lol. I think Glee's intent is not to remake songs, just to pay tribute, and bring in a bigger audience for those songs. Nothing wrong with that. As for Thriller, the only thing that concerns me is what song they decide to mash it up with. I just really hope it's a good one that works for that song.

there's no everlasting unnecessary. we are all entitled to our opinions, including when we are hurt by something. you have your opinion we have ours. let's not member check.

the word 'glee' was a turnoff from the beginning for me. i never watched the show cus i thought it would be really lame. i bet fox asked them to do the Thriller thing..glee thoought of doing it, gm asked for it..etc. lol and as a poster said, they'll say its better than MJ's performance...

fox saw what winfrey did, and said, liet's do some Michael jckson, somehow..

i don't wanna see this.. leave Michael to Michael..i've had enough of wannabes

Yep...Agreed

Last edited:
why are some people here angry about this??

i wanted Glee to do MJ for aaaages!

they do episodes 'in honour' of lots of artists.. what's the problem ?? lol

if people don't like it, they have the right to say so. if people do like it, they have the right to say so as well. this is a discussion board, after all.

Back