View RSS Feed

Topcronos

MJ unreleased tracks

Rate this Entry

[QUOTE=Pentum;3686851][B]
Buffalo Bill (1983) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[/B][COLOR=red][B]Inspired by the legendary gunfighter James Butler Hickok aka Buffalo "Wild Bill"
Hickok. Supposed to be an outtake of the album [U]VICTORY (1984)[/U] by The Jacksons,
later intended to be released on the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U].[/B][/COLOR]
[B][COLOR=#008000]Sources:
[/COLOR][/B]
[LIST][*]Michael Jackson's then manager Frank Dileo in an interview in 1984[*]Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/LIST]

[B]Hot Fever (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[COLOR=red]Demo of [I]The Way You Make Me Feel (1987)[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Source: United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Eaten Alive (1985) (Barry Gibb, Maurice Gibb, Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[/B][COLOR=red][B]Originally written only by the two Bee Gees, then Michael re-wrote the chorus
Two demos exist: one sung by the two Bee Gees, [I][U]and another one sung by Michael[/U]
[B][COLOR=#008000]Source: United States Copyright Office (registered twice: in March and in July 1985)

[B][COLOR=#000000]Tomboy (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[/COLOR][COLOR=red]Outtake of the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U][/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Sources:

[LIST][*]United States Copyright Office (registered in October 1985)[*]Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/LIST]
[/COLOR][/B]

[/COLOR][/B][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][I][B][B]What You Do To Me (1985) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson[/B][/B][/I][/B][COLOR=red][B][I][B][COLOR=#008000][B][COLOR=red]Outtake of the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U]
Could be rewritten for a scheduled release on the album [U]INVINCIBLE (2001)[/U][/COLOR]
[/B][COLOR=green][B]Source: United States Copyright Office
(registered twice: in October 1985 and again in December 1998)

[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][I][B][B][B]Crack Kills (1986) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson[/B][/B][/B][/I][/B][COLOR=red][B][I][B][COLOR=#008000][COLOR=green][B][B][COLOR=red]Features hip hop group Run DMC which is given credit in the booklet
of the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U] (Special Edition, 2001). Due to tensions
between both sides the song finally did not make the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U].[/COLOR]
[/B][B][COLOR=red]Early unfinished lyrics of this song have been sold by auction twice:
first in November 2005 and once again online via Ebay in 2006[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/COLOR][/B]
[/B][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][I][B]
[B]Pyramid Girl (1986) (Michael Jackson)[/B][/B][/I][/B][COLOR=red][B][I][B][COLOR=#008000][B]
Michael Jackson
[COLOR=red]Demo of [I]Liberian Girl (1987)

[/I][/COLOR][/B]

[/COLOR][/B][/I][/B][/COLOR][B][I][B][B][I][B]Chicago 1945 (1987) (Michael Jackson, Steve Porcaro)
[/B][B][COLOR=#996633]Supposed alternative title: Chicago Nights
(as seen in the movie [U]MOONWALKER (1988)[/U])[/COLOR]
Michael Jackson
[/B][B][COLOR=red]Outtake of the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U]
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album [U]INVINCIBLE (2001)[/U][/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]See also: --> Chicago 1945 - Reworked Version (2000)[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Creep (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[/B][B][COLOR=red]Note: The year the song was written and recorded is unproven
(but has to be prior to 1994).[/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Get Around (1987) (Michael Jackson)
Michael Jackson
[/B][B][COLOR=red]Outtake of the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U]
The song was reworked in 2000 for the album [U]INVINCIBLE (2001)[/U][/COLOR]
[COLOR=green]Source: Michael Jackson's court deposition in Mexico in November 1993[/COLOR]
[COLOR=red]See also: --> Get Around - Reworked Version (2000)[/COLOR][/B]

[B]Groove Of Midnight (1987) (Rod Temperton)
Michael Jackson
[/B][COLOR=red][B]Michael can be heard singing it a bit on a leaked snippet
from a recording session for the album [U]BAD (1987)[/U][/B][/COLOR]

----------------[B][I]----------------[/I][/B][B][I]----------------[/I][/B][B][I]----------------[/I][/B][B][I]----------------[/I][/B][B][I]----------------[/I][/B]

[/I][/B][/B][/I][/B]Bunch of BAD Era songs that could be added to the disc. I really think they could've added at least 4-5 more. And there must be even more, as songs like "I'm So Blue", "Free" and "Song Groove" were unknown until now (as far as I know).[/QUOTE]

Submit "MJ unreleased tracks" to Facebook Submit "MJ unreleased tracks" to Twitter

Tags: None Add / Edit Tags
Categories
Uncategorized

Comments