What's your favorite part/moment of HIStory Tour?

Michaels Lover

Premium Member
Country
Denmark
For me it's Scream/TDCAU/In The Closet, Earth Song, Heal The World and HIStory. What's yours?

Scream/TDCAU/In The Closet
Dangerous
Black Or White
Beat It

The Come Together / DS performance wasn't spectacular, but it was a nice surprise that he included those.

I love the James Brown shuffle he does near the end of Wanna Be Startin Something on The History Tour. He had perfected it by that point and I love how it wasn’t choreographed or anything he just went for it and doing different variations each night.

Other highlights are
The end dance sequence for Billie Jean
Live vocals for You are not alone
The robotic movements for Stranger In Moscow
In The Closet (he should have performed the whole song)
Off The Wall Medley. That was such a nice surprise and I love the arrangement for these songs
Blood On The Dancefloor. The arrangement for this song live was impeccable.
The set list overall. It was a good mix of old songs and new songs from HIStory.

The end dance to Billie Jean
Blood On The Dance Floor. The live version is a lot more funky than the album version
The robotic moves in Stranger In Moscow
His interaction with the kids during Heal The World is always heartwarming to watch

Even though his voice was not the best I like WBSS and the J5 medly for the live vocals.

End of BJ dance - and the one live version of BJ and Beat It - is it Brunei - that's great too.

The dance in SiM is amazing, so great. - BUT seing the close-ups at the backup singers - and even thier vocals are playback... ruins it a little to be honest.

HIStory is a spectacle - it's huge, it's theatrical and a nice concert to watch. (even though I may sound negative about play-back I do still enjoy many parts of the HIStory concerts)

My favourite part of the tour is Michael's adaptation. Think Billie Jean or Stranger in Moscow. It's a newer style for Michael. Slower, more refined and jaw dropping at times. Some of Michael's best ever dance moments come from this tour. It gets nowhere near enough credit. The robotic style of Stranger in Moscow still gives me goosebumps. Most people couldn't dance to a song like that, especially not the way Michael did it.

Can't forget the absolutely banging 'They Don't Care About Us' from Munich either, it just sounds great. As do many from that show. The audio is really good for the Munich concert in my opinion.

It's nice to see a positive topic for once too. Credit to the original poster.

Nice to see some love for this tour (my favorite), despite it getting a lot of criticism

- They Don't Care About Us performance. I love TDCAU's dance choreography. I wish it was performed as a full song and not part of a medley.
- The dance at end of the OTW Medley during DSTYGE.
- The Ad-libs during the end of Heal The World.

The end part of Earth Song has made me cry several times.

Also the opening medley is simply epic.

Themidwestcowboy;4284019 said:
I love the James Brown shuffle he does near the end of Wanna Be Startin Something on The History Tour. He had perfected it by that point and I love how it wasn’t choreographed or anything he just went for it and doing different variations each night.
That's my favorite part too.

Themidwestcowboy;4284019 said:

I'm not disputing what you said but I do think he already perfected It during the mid 70s. I've seen footage of him doing it during performances of dancing machine in the mid 70s. Also I think he is already trying it as a kid in that early rehearsal when he was 10 years in 1968.
I'm not saying you do but people generally underestimate his dance moves during the second half of the 70s. For example his multiple spinning was the best during these times imo and I really loved him doing disco style dancing in general.

Analogue and Themidwestcowboy nailed it completely. Stranger In Moscow is great, I'm glad it didn't end up like those what have been songs and it was performed by Mike. The robot dance in it is amazing, Mike really knew how the audience should see the moves, whether it be smooth and slow or fast and like a jerk motion. He truly was the master at dancing. I love the James Brown shuffle and like Themidwestcowboy said, I love how it changed depending on how Michael felt night after night, it was great to see in a show so precise and rehearsed moments of real magic and spontaneity. Controversial opinion MJ did the James Brown shuffle the best

Also like Analogue said, I love the adlibs and of course the end dance in Billie Jean. I love how he would almost forget he was on stage and just get lost in the moment within the music, like in New Zealand I think it was or maybe Sydney were he was dancing for that long they had to start singing the back up vocals to hurry MJ up. The man really was magical and one of a kind in that regard. Although I will say I do miss the really clean moonwalk from the Dangerous tour. I think Michael did his best moonwalks in the end dance itself, rather than in the break in the song after the two heee's, on the HIStory Tour.

In my opinion Michael moonwalkers got slower and shorter as he got older. which is understandable. those moonwalks in the thriller, bad, and dangerous eras were the best.

Michael loved disco. those spins and the robot dances were great. especially in dancing machine though his robot got shorter and quick as time when by.... :\ guess he wanted to move on from it.

I'm not disputing what you said but I do think he already perfected It during the mid 70s. I've seen footage of him doing it during performances of dancing machine in the mid 70s. Also I think he is already trying it as a kid in that early rehearsal when he was 10 years in 1968.
I'm not saying you do but people generally underestimate his dance moves during the second half of the 70s. For example his multiple spinning was the best during these times imo and I really loved him doing disco style dancing in general.

Nah he definitely perfected over time. There is no debating that imo.

I really like Michael’s outfit on this tour (much better than the leotard lol).
The set list is probably the best set list for any of his tours...along with the Bad Tour 2nd leg set list.
It has just enough songs from HIStory and enough “old” material.
The inclusion of Blood On The Dance Floor after May 1997 was a great decision imo.

The highlights of the show are (to me):

-The Medley (Scream/ They Don’t Care About Us/ In The Closet)

-Stranger In Moscow

-Billie Jean

-Earth Song

My favorite parts of the HIStory Tour was the setlist, the audience interaction, all the cute little quirks and non-musical moments. I also love the outfit and the YANA performances are some of my favorites especially during the second leg.

Watch MJ during the first 11 seconds before he starts "Stranger In Moscow". This is one of the cutest moments.
[video=youtube;6nm-eBTcHqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?6nm-eBTcHqw[/video]

Last edited:
The set list is great. However DS and Come Together were appalling, litterally the studio track being played.

Watch MJ during the first 11 seconds before he starts "Stranger In Moscow". This is one of the cutest moments.
[video=youtube;6nm-eBTcHqw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?6nm-eBTcHqw[/video]

I agree, he's soooooo cute

The TDCAU And Stranger in Moscow peformances.they were such a good new additions at the time.
The Interlude song before Smooth Criminal is just relaxing and beatufiul.
Billie jean ending dances on this tour are fire.and the beatboxing in the final was Lit as Hell.
The Eath Song-Heal the World Combo.
The Ad-libs were good,even if MJ Wasn't feeling well.
My second favourite setlist.even if songs were dropped midway. (TWYMMF,OTW Medley,DS)
Dancing was more polished and smoother and relaxed.
And the Gold pant's of course :D

The set list is great. However DS and Come Together were appalling, litterally the studio track being played.

Please don't post about things you don't like about the tour in this thread as I asked what your FAVORITE part is

Back