History 1996 Manila Audio Released on Spotify

Probably some legal loophole. There's plenty of stuff like this on youtube and Google play music as well.

SmoothGangsta;4308482 said:
Probably some legal loophole. There's plenty of stuff like this on youtube and Google play music as well.

The estate should still remove it, they probably have admin powers over his Spotify. It’s not a good enough quality release to warrant a stay on there.

Snek;4308487 said:
The estate should still remove it, they probably have admin powers over his Spotify. It’s not a good enough quality release to warrant a stay on there.

Yeah I agree lol.

Dire. His vocals are so rough and without the visual aspect tracks like You are not alone and They don't care about us are redundant, might as well just play the album tracks.

Was anyone even playing live on the title track. It's like blood on the Dancefloor, aside from the hi hat I think the whole thing was just played from a tape.

Also, why did they choose that one? They could have choose anything else and that would be sounds better than that recording to me.

Doubt the estate put it up there, like I said it's a legal loophole thing. They should remove it, though.

rumandraisin;4308556 said:
Was anyone even playing live on the title track. It's like blood on the Dancefloor, aside from the hi hat I think the whole thing was just played from a tape.

The song History? Most of the band is on the stage doing the army thing, only Moffett (drums) and Buxer (keyboard) remain playing. So yeah it’s mostly album instrumentation. BOTDF is definitely live though, at least most of the instruments are.

I love the live version of Blood On The Dance Floor. It's more funky than the album version

Doubt the estate put it up there, like I said it's a legal loophole thing. They should remove it, though.

Yeah i know, that's what i mean, they could have post Auckland 96 or Kuala Lumpur one, but that's too much LQ to me.

R1chard;4308666 said:
They should? Surely in an ideal would every date from every tour would be available? That would enable people to compare.

I just don’t think the audio quality is good enough to be on his Spotify. He has the 74th most listened to Spotify in the world, and yet a bootleg recording of one of his concerts has managed to make its way onto there. It just doesn’t look right.

It's from a radio broadcast, many artists have the same thing on Deezer. Doesn't tend to be on Spotify so much though. Ideal live concert audio release to me would be the BAD World Tour 87' or early 88'.

What an embarrassment. Releasing a live album of History on Spotify. Surely a fan can't do that.

This is... random.

Plenty of artists have their concerts and unreleased tracks put on Spotify by overzealous fans. Not exactly sure why or how. Since it's such a minor release that doesn't seem to have any traction outside of the fan community, I don't think it's worth much thought.

Not only a werid thing but still a bad choice whoever made it. lel.
But (for Me) The Brunei Concert (Not the royal show) is somewhat Worthy for a spotify or other sites.(Great Quality,Mixed very well,no overdubbed crowd audio)
Not some old radio broadcast.
But i also rather have some New stuff! unreleased music,Rare Live audios ect.but wait.We already know how the Estate works :(

Could actually be worse, could have been the Auckland recording from 96' which sounds like it was recorded from inside a bin (actually has an unofficial CD and Vinyl release somewhere)

Doesn't seem to be available in the US
I'm not American lol so I guess it's only playable in certain countries? Still a really weird choice for Spotify lol. Bad tour MSG bootleg would make a bit more sense haha.

How is this literal bootleg still up on Spotify? Where are the estate/Sony when they need to actually quality control/manage their artist's online catalogue? I mean, surely they know it's there, right?

Don't think there's anything legal about it.. it's very easy to get stuff on Spotify even if you don't include the rights - but it'll disappear eventually

This stuff shouldn't be on Spotify... plus it's also Unplayable on my own country where he did 2 legs of concert

I find it more puzzling why "you are not alone" isn't in the HIStory tracklist on Spotify

^^^

I think Spotify have removed everything with R. Kelly? - But I don't know.

R. Kelly is not removed.

Why can't they put up a "bootleg" of The Ultimate Collection? :D I miss playing those discs on my phone.

Back