What Is In The Vault?

PopOfKing

Proud Member
Over the years I've read so many conflicting claims about Michael's unreleased music. "There's hundreds", "There's only sixteen viable tracks left", etc..

I don't have any leaks. I stopped scouring the internet for unreleased tracks years ago because I want to be surprised when I finally hear them. Has any made a guestimate lately (because I know it's been asked to death) about how many usable vocals are just waiting there?

Im not really at liberty to discuss the titles because I don't want to create mass hype, but I have personally heard many mostly completed/demos MJ was working in his last year. There are legit about 5 songs which are about 75% finished or more with choruses and verses. The only one we've heard is Best Of Joy, but there are 4 more I personally know of, including song titles and even how they sound. There are others as well but they are only 50% or less finished and would have to be duets if they were to ever be released. MJ's sound engineers and technical team have the songs. For whatever reason the estate has been relatively uninterested in using them at this point.

Other than these songs there are several others still in the vaults which haven't leaked including 5-6 more from the Bad sessions, about 6-8 additional songs recorded in the 1990's, and about 5-10 songs from the Invincible to 2004 era. These are all at different stages of completeness ranging from rough demos to fully finished songs.

If you add these songs to the stuff MJ was recording in 2008-2009 then you have about 30-40 songs still in the vaults, half of which are mostly done.

We have to remember as fans SO many demos/unreleased songs have already been released or have fully leaked including:

-Sunset Driver
-Behind The Mask
-Hot Street
-Nite Line
-Someone In The Dark
-Carousel
-For All Time
-Got The Hots
-This Is It
-Don't Matter To Me
-Love Never Felt So Good
-There Must Be More To Life Than This
-Eaten Alive
-We Are The World
-Get It
-Don't Be Messin Around
-Im So Blue
-Free
-Price Of Fame
-Al Capone
-Streetwalker
-Fly Away
-Cheater
-Loving You
-If You Don't Love Me
-Monkey Business
-Lisa Its Your Birthday
-Someone Put Your Hand Out
-Serious Effect
-To Satisfy You
-Do You Know Where Your Children Are
-Slave To The Rhythm
-Much Too Soon
-She Got It
-Work That Body
-In The Back
-On The Line
-Beautiful Girl
-Fall Again
-Hollywood Tonight
-Blue Gangsta
-Chicago
-Another Day
-The Way You Love Me
-A Place With No Name
-We've Had Enough
-Days In Gloucestershire
-I Am A Loser
-People Of The World
-Xscape
-Hold My Hand
-Best Of Joy

Last edited:
I sure there is a lot left that have massive potential. Hopefully soon we will hear a track or 2. It’s nice to read somewhere like this topic. The scum has dragged us down long enough. The fans have stood bye strong Estate release a track we deserve it.

Im not really at liberty to discuss the titles because I don't want to create mass hype, but I have personally heard many mostly completed/demos MJ was working in his last year. There are legit about 5 songs which are about 75% finished or more with choruses and verses. The only one we've heard is Best Of Joy, but there are 4 more I personally know of, including song titles and even how they sound. There are others as well but they are only 50% or less finished and would have to be duets if they were to ever be released. MJ's sound engineers and technical team have the songs. For whatever reason the estate has been relatively uninterested in using them at this point.

Other than these songs there are several others still in the vaults which haven't leaked including 5-6 more from the Bad sessions, about 6-8 additional songs recorded in the 1990's, and about 5-10 songs from the Invincible to 2004 era. These are all at different stages of completeness ranging from rough demos to fully finished songs.

If you add these songs to the stuff MJ was recording in 2008-2009 then you have about 30-40 songs still in the vaults, half of which are mostly done.

We have to remember as fans SO many demos/unreleased songs have already been released or have fully leaked including:

-Sunset Driver
-Behind The Mask
-Hot Street
-Nite Line
-Someone In The Dark
-Carousel
-For All Time
-Got The Hots
-This Is It
-Don't Matter To Me
-Love Never Felt So Good
-There Must Be More To Life Than This
-Eaten Alive
-We Are The World
-Get It
-Don't Be Messin Around
-Im So Blue
-Free
-Price Of Fame
-Al Capone
-Streetwalker
-Fly Away
-Cheater
-Loving You
-If You Don't Love Me
-Monkey Business
-Lisa Its Your Birthday
-Someone Put Your Hand Out
-Serious Effect
-To Satisfy You
-Do You Know Where Your Children Area
-Slave To The Rhythm
-Much Too Soon
-She Got It
-Work That Body
-In The Back
-On The Line
-Beautiful Girl
-Fall Again
-Hollywood Tonight
-Blue Gangsta
-Chicago
-Another Day
-The Way You Love Me
-A Place With No Name
-We've Had Enough
-Days In Gloucestershire
-I Am A Loser
-People Of The World
-Xscape
-Hold My Hand
-Best Of Joy
Thanks.

foralltimerishi;4255273 said:

Hi,
Just curious: when did Eaten Alive get leaked/released? I have been waiting for MJ´s demo version of this song forever but I have never been able to find out anything more about it. Has it really leaked, and in that case, where is it?

Mr. Norway;4255378 said:
Hi,
Just curious: when did Eaten Alive get leaked/released? I have been waiting for MJ´s demo version of this song forever but I have never been able to find out anything more about it. Has it really leaked, and in that case, where is it?

No, it has not leaked yet.

But a MJ’s solo version does exist.

MJ recorded his solo version of ‘Eaten Alive’, after he listened to the first demo of the song by Barry Gibb.

MJ delivered his own demo few months later (in July 1985) in order for the team who worked on that song to get more ideas about the song.

“… Michael Jackson heard the demo [of Barry Gibb] and suggested several additional elements. Eaten Alive then became a collaborative project between three men (Barry Gibb, his brother Maurice and Michael Jackson… In July 1985, Michael Jackson delivered his demo, which included new ideas that were well received by the Gibb brothers. The team got together at the Bill Schnee Studio in Los Angeles and at the Middle Ear Studio in Miami…” (Michael Jackson: All the Songs: The Story Behind Every Track, François Allard, Richard Lecocq)

That MJ’s solo version is definitely one of the most sought after items among his fans.

Back