HIStory 25th Anniversary in 2020

djvernon

Proud Member
HIStory will turn 25 next year.

Any ideas for possible celebration items?

I am using this image as profilepic on Facebook already ;)

72197002_10157261039926210_5410864232600174592_n.jpg

Re: HIStory 25yh Ann. in 2020

I remember hearing rumours there was a documentary being made about HIStory.

If they release the History tour, and if somebody from the Estate reads this... please include rehearsal footage. Full songs, because everybody is tired of the snippets.

My favourite album by far, because it has Smile, Childhood and Stranger in Moscow on it. Those three songs are such moving pieces that I relate to so heavily.

I hope they do something to commemorate it. Michael's beauty really shines throughout that album.

I very much doubt we will get an anniversary album of History. The Estate didn't do anything for Dangerous, I doubt they would do anything for History's anniversary.

Also, a lot of content on History is obviously inspired by the 1993 allegations. I'm sure the last thing the Estate would want is to remind people of the allegations against Michael, especially after the whole Leaving Neverland fiasco, so I doubt we will ever get an anniversary edition for History.

^Who knows though. We NEVER know what The Estate is going to release next. I just wish all of their releases were just as good as Bad 25.

Yeah a great package would be the Album remastered, New Doc, new Concert with Rehearsals.
Package-wise Bad25 was perfect.

I would love to see HIStory Continuous (the second disc) to be released as a stand-alone album. Without the greatest hits. It always bothered me that HIStory was regarded as a compilation album by the general audience, while the second disc is one of Michaels best albums. So may be a remastered edition of just the second disc, that would be lovely.

I would also love to see it combined with an instrumental edition of HIStory Continuous, by the way.

I would love to see HIStory Continuous (the second disc) to be released as a stand-alone album. Without the greatest hits. It always bothered me that HIStory was regarded as a compilation album by the general audience, while the second disc is one of Michaels best albums. So may be a remastered edition of just the second disc, that would be lovely.

Its already released like that.
CD:
https://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jac...Future-Book-I-Special-Edition/release/4489221
LP:
https://www.discogs.com/Michael-Jackson-History-Continues/release/12422584

Yeah well, it's a picture disc and those sound horrible. I bought the Dangerous one from this recent collection, put it on a platter, listened to it...and started thinking of ways I could turn it into a wall clock to get at least some value out of it.

I am also a big fan of the idea of re-releasing only the second disc. But it would have to retain the same booklet, of course.

Yeah well, it's a picture disc and those sound horrible. I bought the Dangerous one from this recent collection, put it on a platter, listened to it...and started thinking of ways I could turn it into a wall clock to have at least some value.

Thats right. Im glad that i have original 1995 LP release which sounds perfect. Pictures discs looks nice but sound is awful.

I am also a big fan of the idea of re-releasing only the second disc. But it would have to retain the same booklet, of course.
The CD release posted above have same booklet as original cd release.

Also, a lot of content on History is obviously inspired by the 1993 allegations. I'm sure the last thing the Estate would want is to remind people of the allegations against Michael, especially after the whole Leaving Neverland fiasco, so I doubt we will ever get an anniversary edition for History.

Exactly! that's why i'm not really an fan of this era.

I have a feeling that they might release the Munich concert on Blu-Ray in 3D. Branca mentioned that in 2012. I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

Last edited:

I have a feeling that they might release the Munich concert on Blu-Ray in 3D. Brance mentioned that in 2012. I'm not sure if that is a good idea.

For me awful idea. Better release remastered original album + 4K music videos +bonus cd with unreleased tracks, demos, alternate takes. Also much appreciated would be video footage of HIstory Tour rehearsals.

For me awful idea. Better release remastered original album + 4K music videos +bonus cd with unreleased tracks, demos, alternate takes. Also much appreciated would be video footage of HIstory Tour rehearsals.

I'm telling you, if all they give us is the same Munich concert in the same HD quality that literally everyone around the world has seen, it will not be a success. A History box set should include lots of demos, NEW songs, maybe the original vinyl reissue (non picture) and a DVD with a good show including rehearsals and cool stuff.

Last edited:

Personally, if I was running the Estate, I wouldn't put any HIStory show on a Box-Set. It's the weakest of the 3 Tours with an Ageing MJ. Casual fans and Critics won't like it in my opinion.....

I'm telling you, if all they give us is the same Munich concert in the same HD quality that literally everyone around the world has seen, it will not be a success. A History box set should include lots of demos, NEW songs, maybe the original vinyl reissue (non picture) and a DVD with a good show including rehearsals and cool stuff.

This. Give us a HIStory concert that's never been seen publicly before in the best quality possible. Not Munich or Copenhagen or whatever ones have aired on TV a million times and can be watched on Youtube easily.

This. Give us a HIStory concert that's never been seen publicly before in the best quality possible. Not Munich or Copenhagen or whatever ones have aired on TV a million times and can be watched on Youtube easily.

Exactly! i agree

If they planning to do anything for History it better be stuff we haven't seen before. not stuff we already seen and look it up on youtube. i swear if they made boxset with all this stuff i would be very mad. it would be a waste of money and time.

I really don't understand the hype for this album to be honest. Michael was depressed in this era and he wasn't young anymore. but if others like this album then they can. just because i don't like this album doesn't mean i don't like Michael as a person.

The biggest surprise must be the release of History Tour Munch 1997

I really think HIStory is one of the best albums.

Songs like SiM, Scream, Little Susie, YANA, Earth Song, History, Smile and TDCAU are all great - some even masterpices. - I really like Money too even though it is not really a popular song. - And totally unknown for the general public.

A new HIStory box-set could be great. - demos, new songs from the era, a all new concert - AND rehearsal footage where MJ actually sings live.

I do not understand why there has never been extra material on the MJ concert DVD's - Wembley had TWYMMF... not really exiting extra material. Something behind the tour, rehearsals etc. - that would be great.

NatureCriminal7896;4271931 said:
I really don't understand the hype for this album to be honest. Michael was depressed in this era and he wasn't young anymore. but if others like this album then they can. just because i don't like this album doesn't mean i don't like Michael as a person.

I’ve had disc 2 on repeat for the past couple of weeks. :listeningtomusic I used to be a casual listener since the Thriller era and only recently started to look deeper into MJ’s life and career. What happened when I started my journey was that the massive amount of information out there came down on me like one giant game of Tetris, and I had serious issues handling all those individual bits and pieces. :laughing: Then I listened to disc 2 of HIStory – and all of a sudden everything clicked into place. Just like that. I think, it’s amazing that he was able to put all his experiences to music in a way that’s a key to understanding him as a person. That’s what makes the album special to me. :)

Honestly if they release any unseen HIStory-Tour show that has 'D.S' + 'Come Together' I would be happy. :)

Everyone has their own opinions on this album and era. i personally don't like it but if others do that's okay. but i'm not saying i don't like Michael as a person.

Everyone has their own opinions on this album and era. i personally don't like it but if others do that's okay. but i'm not saying i don't like Michael as a person.

I think it is Michaels most honest and autobiographical album. It is has a very strong anti-capitalist message to it.

I think it is Michaels most honest and autobiographical album. It is has a very strong anti-capitalist message to it.
Agreed. Mj got personal on this record. He had to. I respect him for that. This album deserves a doc behind it.

If they really want to release HWT.. they should see if they can make the very first show (prague) available in HD... otherwise it will be boring as hell.

If they really want to release HWT.. they should see if they can make the very first show (prague) available in HD... otherwise it will be boring as hell.

This is not going to happen.

The HIStory concert in Prague is plagued by many errors and mistakes, which practically makes it not releasable.

Suffice it to say, Michael Jackson one of the following days (after that concert) asked to watch that video concert, a typical practice of him because he used to watch the previous concert(s) during a tour in order to rectify possible imperfections of the performance and of the overall production.

And what Michael Jackson watched in the Prague concert, appalled him.

Also, people who attended that Prague concert complained a lot about many technical problems (mainly, concerning its sound).

Shots also from the audience during the Prague concert, show that the security staff was mishandling many fans (that same thing happened also in the Budapest concert, too).

Generally, the first concert from a tour (from any artist) suffers from issues about the performance, sound, visuals, etc, and thus it never even be considered for an official (HD) release.

Back