Let's be nostalgic about the good times

dam2040

Proud Member
So after posting in the This is It thread it brought all the memories back, so thought it would be nice for others to just bathe in nostalgia and share stories they look back on fondly in regards to MJ. 'The good old days' as it were.

I'll start with This is It because it was refreshed in my mind yesterday.

I remember checking AOL news like I would everyday, and I saw that Michael was expected in London that week to make a concert announcement. I just thought it was tabloid BS and would NEVER happen.

And then it got closer. And then the tube advert appeared. 10 shows. 02 arena. July 2009. Oh crap. It's on. The King is truly back.

The announcement came and went and it was game time. I had to get tickets, of course. I ended up with as close as you could get tickets to July 10th 2009, the second show of the 10. More and more were added and it felt like the whole of the UK was truly back on team MJ and excited to see the King of Pop doing what only he can do for one final time. Everyone I knew, fan or not, wanted to go.

Then came the Dancing on Ice advert. Days after the announcement, it still sends chills down my body, the same as when I first saw it. Personally my favourite Michael advertisement. It was unprecedented and still is, for an artist to book an advertising slot like that.

I'd check the wikipedia page and michaeljacksonlive.com on a daily basis. Seeing any little update would refresh all that excitement each time. It got closer and closer. We then got the pictures of Michael with Ortega and the 'RED' camera, which I knew was top quality equipment. This was serious business.

I'll always truly cherish those months of March - June 2009 as some of my favourite ever. He was really back and ready to show the world he still had it. One last 'Michael magic' moment. I'm glad we got to experience 'Michael mania' one final time, even if it didn't work out.

Back