A & E Working on a Documentary Series About MJ's Trials

HIStory

Proud Member
This was posted by Raven Woods on TwitLonger.

[h=3]Exciting News On New MJ Documentary![/h]
I hope everyone will excuse me for having been a bit out of pocket this past week and a half or so. A recent job promotion (can't argue with blessings) has eaten up a lot of my time recently. Hopefully the dust will settle soon and I'll be able to get back into the groove. But in the meantime, I do want to pass on some rather exciting news. As many of you know, I recently did some pieces on Michael for The Huffington Post. Those articles apparently led a Hollywood producer to discover my blog, and I received a very interesting email which led to a phone conversation.

Turns out, these are the same people behind the very well received documentary "The United Shades of America" which ran on CNN and they are currently working on a series with Martin Sheen that will be broadcast on Investigative Discovery. He told me they are currently developing a documentary on "The Trials of Michael Jackson," a 6-part series that is going to be run on A&E. This will be a series that aims to expose what the media did to Michael and to expose his accusers and their motivations. It will also tie in to a separate but related A&E series on the last 90 days of Michael's life. (I asked him if there was any association with Tavis Smiley's project and he said no; they are totally different projects. He said Smiley's project is still being shopped). Their objective-or at least part of it-is that they want to show how the allegations and the media lynching played a huge part in killing Michael long before his time.Apparently Mary Fisher and Aphrodite Jones are already on board this project.

Anyway, he said he was blown away by the depth of my research that he saw in the articles he read and would like to have me on board this project as a consultant producer. I also told him there were many other very good MJ researchers that I believe he should contact. I am willing to pass on the names and contact information of those who would like to take part, but I want to know that is okay with anyone before I do it so please do let me know. I told him there are so many MJ researchers who work tirelessly and devotedly at what they do, but they simply do not have the platform of mainstream journalists, many of whom are only driven by clicks and profit. It was a very interesting discussion and I felt that these people are sincere in really wanting to get this side of the story out there. It was also encouraging to learn that all of the hard work that many of us have done as researchers and advocates is not in vain. People ARE watching us-and having their eyes opened.

As consultant producer, part of my job will be checking their scripts for accuracy of content. I may also be one of the "talking heads" although I haven't decided about that yet-I'm a very private person and really don't like being in the spotlight too much. But we'll see.

I should be receiving more info in about two weeks. But I wanted to pass this along as it is an exciting development. This is huge, especially with the Wade Robson case pending in just a few months.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1sp2097

Re: CNN are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Sounds good, but I still fear it will end up a bad mess, AGAIN showing Michael in a horrific and false light. :eek:hno:

^^Hmm-this seems almost too good to be true. Hate to be a skeptic. But it's something like this that I hoped for in regards to a HIStory documentary. Maybe they will even pick up where Frontline's "The Tabloid Truth" left off. An excellent doc that no one sees.

Impressed that they reached out to Raven-her recent articles have been superb.

Yes, I will take a sceptical stance until I see it. I am not too trustful of the media. But at least it is a good sign they reached out to someone like Raven and wanted her as a consultant.

Sounds good and I hope it is true and will show the TRUTH that Mike was set up. Ms A. Jones came around later (she once thought MJ was guilty until she started looking at the facts-which shows she is not bias but was out for the truth-; of course Ms Fisher GQ article about the Chandlers. and Rave woods proved her fairness at a time when it was needed a few months ago. So, it sounds good o me. I prefer this compare to the Reez show on MJ that I do not trust.

Sounds good and I hope it is true and will show the TRUTH that Mike was set up. Ms A. Jones came around later (she once thought MJ was guilty until she started looking at the facts-which shows she is not bias but was out for the truth-; of course Ms Fisher GQ article about the Chandlers. and Rave woods proved her fairness at a time when it was needed a few months ago. So, it sounds good o me. I prefer this compare to the Reez show on MJ that I do not trust.

Yes but Jones is not sure about the Chandler case which is ridiculous since there is as much evidence for MJ's innocence in that case as in the Arvizo case
and Fisher held onto the Sodyum Amytal story which is shaky.

I don't think they will cover everything that needs to be covered even if they know MJ was innocent and want to expose his accusers.
CNN would expose the media? They ARE the media and they were not much better toward MJ than the rest of the pack.
I'm sceptical that they are honest and sincere.

What gives me hope is that Martin Sheen is a decent guy I don't think he would support something blatantly unfair.

I hope not too. It's not as if the industry has been interested in telling the truth before so why now? I just hope Raven Woods looks into them very carefully.

The documentary with Martin Sheen is an investigative look into the OJ Simpson trial titled "Hard Evidence, OJ Is Innocent". It's basically presenting evidence that OJ isn't guilty of the murders.

So who knows?
https://corporate.discovery.com/dis...nnocent-with-executive-producer-martin-sheen/

Well this doesn't help. I can hear them saying well these are the same idiots who told us OJ was innocent too.

Yes but Jones is not sure about the Chandler case which is ridiculous since there is as much evidence for MJ's innocence in that case as in the Arvizo case
and Fisher held onto the Sodyum Amytal story which is shaky.

I don't think they will cover everything that needs to be covered even if they know MJ was innocent and want to expose his accusers.
CNN would expose the media? They ARE the media and they were not much better toward MJ than the rest of the pack.
I'm sceptical that they are honest and sincere.

What gives me hope is that Martin Sheen is a decent guy I don't think he would support something blatantly unfair.
I'm not such a fan of Aphrodite Jones-even before she said that about her doubts on the Chandler case.

I was really excited to finally get my hands on her book a few years ago, and I was immediately put off by reading the intro-where she explained that she thought he was guilty, etc. until she looked at the facts. However, she talked about driving out to Neverland with Friedman and yakking with the fans, and the entire book is written as he is totally innocent and pro Michael from the get go-no skepticism. And yes, he was, BUT you'd think she would write that the jury told her this, or that testimony told her that-and therefore, she changed her mind, and understood the truth or something-it's all very one sided. From what she said on Fox, that was NOT the attitude she had during the court case.

I just had that awful feeling while reading the book, she was pandering to fans. Just like that day she spent in Neverland.

I'm not such a fan of Aphrodite Jones-even before she said that about her doubts on the Chandler case.

I was really excited to finally get my hands on her book a few years ago, and I was immediately put off by reading the intro-where she explained that she thought he was guilty, etc. until she looked at the facts. However, she talked about driving out to Neverland with Friedman and yakking with the fans, and the entire book is written as he is totally innocent and pro Michael from the get go-no skepticism. And yes, he was, BUT you'd think she would write that the jury told her this, or that testimony told her that-and therefore, she changed her mind, and understood the truth or something-it's all very one sided. From what she said on Fox, that was NOT the attitude she had during the court case.

I just had that awful feeling while reading the book, she was pandering to fans. Just like that day she spent in Neverland.

What bothers me is that she supposedly had the Mitteager-Pellicano tape which itself proves that
Chandler was not molested. On that tape Pellicano talked about the interview he had with Jordan
and how he shrugged the whole thing off, he only cared about his video games and didn't act like an abuse victim at all
and denied being molested.
Pelicano said those things long after he stopped working for MJ so that was no reason for him to lie.
How can Jones listen to that tape and still doubt MJ's innocence?
For one thing if he had been guilty he would have not let anyone let alone an Italian with nine kids interview Jordan!
He would have been afraid that Jordan would spill the beans and then Pelicano would turn on him.

So if Jones tell these guys despite that evidence that she is not sure then she is quite useless.

BTW this is not being done by CNN but these guys:

http://www.objectivemediagroup.co.uk/people/view/jimmy-fox

Last edited:

Believe this doc when i see it or if it just ends up been shown on some obscure channel with no promo etc. Just like with mike tiabbi its against the agenda of the mainstream media

A Jones is a fake ass tabloid reporter.anyone who was around in 03-05 got to see that. Flip flop flip flop

Great news for Raven, but I can help feeling skeptical about these things.....remember Martin Bashir? I just don't trust the media when it comes to MJ!

Last edited:

I find it difficult to believe that Hollywood has had a change of heart and is now going to be objective and tell the truth. What they say they want to do and what actually shows up on the screen can be two very different things.

I find it difficult to believe that Hollywood has had a change of heart and is now going to be objective and tell the truth. What they say they want to do and what actually shows up on the screen can be two very different things.

This is SO true.

I want this to be truthful and positive but we've seen how Michael was brutally and unmercifully stabbed in life and continues to be even though he's gone, so I remain skeptical as well until I see it. The truth deserves to be told in the mainstream, Michael deserves to be fully vindicated in the public court, if you know what I mean. His children deserve to know the truth of the lengths all those evil, conniving individuals took trying to destroy their father but I may be asking too much.

If it plays I'll remember to record it all, hopefully it'll be like we wanted instead of all the crap put on, if it does then I'll just to record over it for something. But yeah let's see how it plays out until if it's positive worthy or not.

This is CNN people NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT!

I'm hoping for he best, but fearing for the worst:pray:

Can all the fans who has expertise help Raven as much as possible, so we get factual documentary of what went on?

If they get Linda Deutsch on board too, I'm good.

Last edited:
I think they should also involve Geraldine Hughes. Her book is one of the best in explaining the legal circumstances of the settlement and why MJ settled.

Originally Posted by 8701girl This is CNN people NOTHING TO BE EXCITED ABOUT!

CNN actually had some good articles during the trial by their legal analyst Joana Spilbor. For example, she argued the Judge was wrong to allow the Prior Bad Acts session based on the questionable testimony that was offered by the prosecution.

“Judge Melville's decision isn't just a wrong application of California law; it also threatens Jackson's constitutional rights.

The U.S. Constitution's Sixth Amendment gives every criminal defendant the right to a fair trial. Jackson is not being given one here.

But more specifically, the Sixth Amendment also guarantees the defendant's right to confront - that is, to hear the testimony of, see the face of, and cross-examine -- his or her accuser. That right, too, is being infringed.

(Some child witnesses are allowed to testify behind a screen, for fear the alleged perpetrator will intimidate them. But again, Jackson's prior accusers are no longer children, and Jackson is hardly the intimidating type anyway.)

Perhaps what is most confounding about the judge's decision allowing these third party witnesses to take the stand, is that they will do so in place of -- and instead of – the alleged victims themselves. Jackson has a Sixth Amendment right to confront his accusers -- not the accusers' mothers, friends, dog sitters, caddies or housekeepers.”

“[T]he defense will argue - and jurors will see - that the reason prosecutors are offering this other evidence, is that their case is weak. Perhaps the defense will call the accusers themselves to the stand - including Culkin, who reportedly denies abuse.

Or perhaps the defense will simply ask why the prosecution did not call to the stand the victims themselves witnesses - and ask jurors,Why wouldn't the prosecution want to present evidence of prior bad acts from the best sources possible? Protecting the sensibilities of men in their mid-twenties is unlikely to strike the jury as a good reason for sacrificing Jackson's cross-examination rights.

Propensity evidence, in my experience, is most powerful when the prosecution doesn't actually need it; it can be the icing, but only when there is a cake. In the case at hand, however, it seems the prosecution is desperate for all the help it can get. They are trying to ice a cake that so far, has fallen flat.”

http://edition.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/31/spilbor.jackson/

CNN of course also had Nancy Grace at the time who then had guests like Diane Dimond. But then they also had Larry King who even went to court to testify for MJ. Also they had a legal expert Chris Pixley who tore Diane Dimond apart on her claim that love letters by MJ to Gavin were found during the search. This was on Nov 24, 2003, so right after the search but as it turned out Pixley sensed Dimond's lying just right, since no such letter ever showed up.

DIMOND: I think everyone would agree with that. Everyone would agree with that. But you know, Elizabeth Taylor is his very dear friend, and I respect her loyalty to him. But I really take umbrage with the fact of the media should eat crow, they've been attacking him unfairly. You know what, Liz? We're just doing our job. What kind of reporter would I be if I knew that the Neverland ranch was going to be raided last Tuesday morning and I didn't do everything to get there and report that to the people?

KING: Yes. Chris Pixley, isn't the media doing what the media would do, that's -- - this is a big story?

PIXLEY: I think it's inevitable that they're going to report the story in one way, though, Larry, and that's to say that Michael Jackson is guilty of these charges...

DIMOND: Oh, BS!

PIXLEY: ... before there are even charges. I'm sorry, Diane...

DIMOND: Baloney!

PIXLEY: ... have you entertained for a moment...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: I actually think everybody's pretty fair.

PIXLEY: ... the idea that these love letters...

DIMOND: Absolutely!

PIXLEY: ... that you know nothing about may be just that, nothing?

DIMOND: First of all, Chris, I...

PIXLEY: We found out over the past 10 months...

DIMOND: ... do know about them, and I know about them from high law enforcement sources. But I have always said, I don't know if...

PIXLEY: The DA that's playing it close to the chest?

DIMOND: ... Michael Jackson is a pedophile. This charge...

PIXLEY: You said they play it...

DIMOND: ... should go to court.

PIXLEY: ... close to the chest. You think this is a...

KING: All right...

PIXLEY: ... good DA's office that doesn't leak stories, that play it close to the chest. But you know from high-ranking officials exactly what these letters say, or at least...

DIMOND: I didn't say I know what they say!

PIXLEY: ... what they are likely to say...

DIMOND: If you're going to...

PIXLEY: ... that they're salacious.

DIMOND: And you know what, Chris? Get it right!

(CROSSTALK)

KING: One at a time! One at a time!

DIMOND: I get it right when I quote somebody!

KING: One at a time.

DIMOND: You get it right when you quote me!

VELEZ-MITCHELL: The media has also...

PIXLEY: Who are you quoting about the letters, then, Diane, so we can get it right? Who is it that you're quoting?

DIMOND: I'm not going to...

PIXLEY: You don't have anyone to quote.

DIMOND: ... give you my sources! I'm not giving you my sources!

PIXLEY: Then why are we talking about this as though it's a fact?

http://edition.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0311/24/lkl.00.html

CNN is kind of a mixed bag. They weren't as one sidedly biased against MJ as MSNBC for example.

I think they should also involve Geraldine Hughes. Her book is one of the best in explaining the legal circumstances of the settlement and why MJ settled.

Yeah but I never understood why she didn't give that diary she supposedly had to Mj's people or why she didn't show it
on TV when she was interviewed by Bill O'Reiley or why she didn't go to the police with it when she heard the news
that Chandler accused MJ.
If that diary indeed exist and can be proven that she wrote those things in July and Aug 1993 not later that could be a very potent evidence against the Chandlers. She claims she heard of the extortion plot right there in Rothman's office.

I think Charles Thompson should be involved too he has done excellent work on exposing the media's twisted coverage of MJ.

CNN is kind of a mixed bag. They weren't as one sidedly biased against MJ as MSNBC for example.

This doc won't air on CNN. CNN is not involved in making it. It's being done for Investigative Discovery.

Charles thompson called mj every name under the sun. the media would have a field day with his fake B.S

I doubt hughes had a diary or she will only offer it up if you pay me or buy my book ala geller.

Credible people are needed

Re: A/E are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

Edited the thread title to say A & E is working on a documentary series and not CNN. This seems to be a producer that has their documentaries aired at multiple channels. MJ documentary is set to air at A& E.

Turns out, these are the same people behind the very well received documentary "The United Shades of America" which ran on CNN and they are currently working on a series with Martin Sheen that will be broadcast on Investigative Discovery. He told me they are currently developing a documentary on "The Trials of Michael Jackson," a 6-part series that is going to be run on A&E.

Re: A & E are working on a documentary series about MJ's trials

I just want the truth to be told once and for all no more lies.

I doubt hughes had a diary or she will only offer it up if you pay me or buy my book ala geller.

I read Hughes' book. I didn't see anything in it that would make me question her credibility. In fact, one of the best books in explaining the settlement - in a very matter of factly manner, citing actual court motions. That's the main focus of her book - showing through court motions what was going on at the time. It is a lot more professionally written book than most of the sensationalist nonsense that you see on the other side and that is always cited in these documentaries (Dimond, Bob Jones etc). We also know for a fact that she was indeed Rothman's secretary, so she is someone who was there - an actual witness to certain things. I have never seen her make any outlandish claim that would make me question the credibility of her story.

Not seeing her actual handwritten diary is not a reason for me to question her credibility. How many times do you see the handwritten notes for a book? In fact, when I look at the dates of certain events she cites from her diary in her book it does correspond with the timeline of the Chandlers of the same events in Ray Chandler's book. And Hughes' book was published earlier than Ray Chandler's. Not like her diary notes contain any huge, outlandish claims that are hard to believe. In fact, for a lot of them by now we know for a fact they were so.

She was also on the Defense's witness list in 2005, so if she was a good enough witness for Mez why is she not for us?

Clipboard01.jpg

Last edited:

True. She just doesnt give me a good impression from when she was doing the rounds promoting her book. Of cause i agree shes credible interms of her working for rothman etc that cant be denied.

I have read the book too and i did have questions about the settlement and why Michael did it but after reading G.Hughes book i got a very clear picture on it. Peoples were saying that Michael did this and that is why he settle but that is not true. It does explain why he had to do what he had to do and it was not Michael saying in anyway that he did this because he settle he was innocent.

Last edited:

I have read the book too and i did have questions about the settlement and why Michael did it but after reading G.Hughes book i got a very clear picture on it. Peoples were saying that Michael did this and that is why he settle but that is not true. It does explain why he had to do what he had to do and it was not Michael saying in anyway that he did this because he settle he was innocent.
I need to read that. That's something I've only really understood about seven years ago, by looking up other things on the internet. (which actually led me to this forum).

On a side note, although many people dispute the idea the insurance company forced the settlement, I'm now on our condo's board of directors and pointed out that the insurance company forced us to settle a civil case against our will. Last week it happened AGAIN!!!! Totally frivolous lawsuit with countless witnesses (including me) that know it was false-but they settled anyway.

Back