Thriller isn't his only album you know

WHO CARES?!!!
Thriller changed the world, Dangerous didn't.
That's why the average Joe (y'know the non-MJ fan) can appreciate Thriller so much more. Some of you guys need to chill. At Least he's being remebered for something in a positive way. What if Michael was remembered in the media as that weird dude who only had a couple of hits?
You think nobody's gonna celebrate an album that sold over 100 MILLION copies?!
No other artist has even come close to accomplishing that feat. So just be glad it's Michael.
Good lord.

Hollaback.

Last edited:
errr

LIKE i said, Thriller deserves what it's getting. But I think fans just wished his other albums were appreciated as well.

Honestly I don't think just THRILLER changed the world...MJ's whole spanning CAREER changed the world...and Thriller just set it into the statosphere.

Anyways, I think Thriller deserves all it's praise but MJ has made other things (in my personal opinion BETTER things) besides that album.

It's not that Thriller is over appreciated, it's his others being UNDER appreciated.. That makes a big difference.

errr

LIKE i said, Thriller deserves what it's getting. But I think fans just wished his other albums were appreciated as well.

Honestly I don't think just THRILLER changed the world...MJ's whole spanning CAREER changed the world...and Thriller just set it into the statosphere.

Anyways, I think Thriller deserves all it's praise but MJ has made other things (in my personal opinion BETTER things) besides that album.

J5, I get what you and other fans are saying.
But you have to remember that there are 6 billion people on Earth and alot of them ain't Michael Jackson fans. So why would they give two sh!ts about Blood On The Dance Floor & HIStory?
Most celebrities (and Michael is no exception) are known for there most famous product. Yes, MJ has put out other great albums, but he's always gonna be known as the dude that made Thriller, just like Arnold Schwarzenegger will always be remembered as the Terminator, and Britney Spears will always be remembered as the girl that made Hit Me Baby One More Time.
And that's not a bad thing. Just go with the flow.
Clearly, Michael ain't losing no sleep over it, so why should his fans be?

Hollaback.

Last edited:
I was one of those Non fans that had HEARD thriller...but didnt become a real fan til i heard HISTORY so what does that tell you? I gave two shits...apparently.

And I'm not losing sleep...i don't think its THAT big of a deal, its just a DISCUSSION lol. Its an observation that I happen not to like. But I'm not THAT mad about it. And i KNOW mike aint mad about it. LOL

I'll just be nice if people recognize that MJ aint a One-Album- WOnder lol. And when people say that he hasn't made anything good since thriller...it kinda IS a bad thing because that WIPES out any and all effort...and all the AMAZING things hes done...as if the rest doesnt matter.

But people are ALWAYS gonna say stupid stuff so i'm not that heated over it lol

People hardly talk about Of The Wall, and to me that is the best album when it comes to singing. Perfect vocals on that album.:)

I was one of those Non fans that had HEARD thriller...but didnt become a real fan til i heard HISTORY so what does that tell you? I gave two shits...apparently.

And I'm not losing sleep...i don't think its THAT big of a deal, its just a DISCUSSION lol. Its an observation that I happen not to like. But I'm not THAT mad about it. And i KNOW mike aint mad about it. LOL

I'll just be nice if people recognize that MJ aint a One-Album- WOnder lol. And when people say that he hasn't made anything good since thriller...it kinda IS a bad thing because that WIPES out any and all effort...and all the AMAZING things hes done...as if the rest doesnt matter.

But people are ALWAYS gonna say stupid stuff so i'm not that heated over it lol

Well, good for you.
But once again, I'm talking about the non Michael Jackson fan (the media). They talk about how "great" Thriller is, and the average die-hard fan rebels and talks about how "average" Thriller is. It's been that way for a long time.
But one thing WILL remain: Thriller is the biggest selling record ever. That's why it's still talked about 25 years later. And whenever someone say's "Michael hasn't made anything good since Thriller", obviously, they don't know what they're talkin' about.

Hollaback.

Last edited:
The media is BS. LOL They USE thriller to belittle MJ's achievements (former this and that). I'm not interested in accommodating to them.

ANd fans DONT say Thriller is average. Only 1 in 100 fans think that. :lol: Its not about saying that THRILLER is GREAT...thats not the issue. Thriller IS great. It IS the bomb. It DESERVES all the praise. It's the GREATEST. But taht doesnt mean his other works arent great either. Thats all we're saying.

I think you sort of lost the argument when you said "the bomb." No offense, but come on.

I know what you mean. I was at Target yesterday, and I checked out the cds under 'Michael Jackson'; only Thriller and Number Ones was there. :no:

Thriller is a good album, but it's not by any means his best.

okaaaay?

Okay replace "the bomb" with another way of saying "great". What's your point here? LOL

don't worry. you fans outnumber the general public, and the media is fully aware that MJ is balanced as the greatest entertainer ever, and that's because of all his albums. they're just envious. just yesterday, when mentioning the passing of actors at a young age, they used the headline..'gone too soon'. and i catch the media constantly using titles of songs from ALL his albums, for a lot of catch phrases in their articles in their papers and magazines and online. they talk about him today, cus of ALL his achievments. so they're hoping they have you fooled. don't give them that leeway.

I know what you mean. I was at Target yesterday, and I checked out the cds under 'Michael Jackson'; only Thriller and Number Ones was there. :no:

Thriller is a good album, but it's not by any means his best.

did u ask if they have other albums there? cus..a lot of times his stuff sells out...or you have to ask for it, cus they may have it stocked in the back somewhere. hhaha..another song title there...anyway..i digress...but, they didn't have the box set up front in a bestbuy i went to..and i asked for it, and they told me there were none in stock, and to come back the next week, and i did, and they went to the back to get if for me.:)

Michael was great BT (before Thriller) and was great AT (after Thriller).

Look at what he accomplish BEFORE Thriller with and without the Jackson 5/Jacksons:
Was the leading voice behind four consecutive number-one singles
Performed at the Apollo and Ed Sullivan
Had a number-one solo hit that got an Oscar nomination though he wasn't the song's writer
Brought "The Robot" to national prominence BEFORE "The Moonwalk"
He and his brothers becoming the first black band to perform in Australia
Had a good five top 40 singles while IN Motown
Co-wrote one of the greatest dance-pop songs ever with "Shake Your Body"
Had the single glove on before it became COMMONPLACE (check "Destiny"/"Triumph" area
"Off the Wall", he became the FIRST artist to have FOUR top ten singles off one album breaking the standard of three set by Elvis Presley, the Beatles, the Supremes, Mary Wells and Marvin Gaye

Now after "Thriller":
"BAD" tour became one of the most successful world tours of the 1980s
"BAD" had FIVE number-ones instead of two from "Thriller"
He was the only artist to pull off video debuts on ABC, CBS, NBC AND FOX! No one has really done that EXCEPT HIM.
Perform at the Super Bowl
Having HIStory being nominated for an Album of the Year Grammy

I'm sure there's more, lol.

What made "Thriller" special was that was really the ONLY album that put it all together combined. That's why it's talked about a lot, least that's what I'm presuming.

did u ask if they have other albums there? cus..a lot of times his stuff sells out...or you have to ask for it, cus they may have it stocked in the back somewhere. hhaha..another song title there...anyway..i digress...but, they didn't have the box set up front in a bestbuy i went to..and i asked for it, and they told me there were none in stock, and to come back the next week, and i did, and they went to the back to get if for me.:)

I didn't, because I had to leave in five minutes, but you may be right and they sold out.

Next time I'm in Target, I'll check and see if they put more albums out.

Last edited:
The lame thing about it all is how the media always compare
a new album with Thriller. Watch when the new album comes out, it will generate an automatic comparison. They don't even bother listening to the material, all they do is compare the numbers. If the new album doesn't reach Thriller's numbers or outsell it then it will be consider a flop.

Last edited:
You know what I don´t like about MJ fans?...that it very ofen is about: He sold the most album!..He is the wolds best ever!!!...The world dont pay etention to him!!! biggest this and most that!
Get real...he has more etension then most artists...and he shold be happy. and I think he is!

The media to tend to just mention Michael's Thriller album when talking about his music. But all major artists are often boxed with the album that made turned them in to a superstar or there biggest selling album.

David Bowie name is always attached to his Rise & Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars album, that made him famous, and he's recorded much better and bigger selling albums both before and since.

Prince is always boxed with his Purple Rain album, which turned him in to a music icon. But he also made better albums before and since.

The Beatles will always be boxed with Sgt Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band album, because it's there most critically acclaimed, but there also made a better album called Revolver before and, and 3 better albums after Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band.

I much prefer Off The Wall and Bad to Thriller, and it was in early 1983 with the Thriller album that made me become a fan. But the fact is though Michael's done better things since Thriller (I though the Bad era was far more exciting, the best !!!), Michael is always going to be Mr Thriller with the White Glove and Glitter Socks who does the Moonwalk to the media. Fans of all different artists view there favorite pop stars in a different and more realistic way then the media. The media just deal with the basics.

Thriller has to be celebrated because it's the biggest selling allbum of all time and in my opinion Michael's most balanced album. What i mean by that is Thriller had the up tempo tracks, Mid Tempo and Love jams.

I like Dangerous,but to me your album is not complete if you dont have the love jams that are long lasting.

Lady in my life and Human Nature are loved by Non fans who dont even like MJ.

Last edited:
Who else get's sick of the media always going on about Thriller? Yeah it's a fantastic album and i understand at this moment in time it is gonna be talked about alot because of Thriller 25 but i wish that the media would mention some of Michael's other achievments like BAD, Dangerous and HIStory

The way the media talks you'd swear that Michael has only ever had one album out with just three songs Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller

I would say it frustrates me more then gives me a kick.

All of his albums are excellent and each offers something of importance, but "Thriller" isn't his best work. In my opinion, "Bad" and "History" are, and both those albums get virtually no attention. It makes me mad because they basically imply that Michael hit his artistic peak with "Thriller" and fell off afterwards, and that's just a lie. He grew and has gotten closer to his potential in the years following that record. They should at least devot as much time to each album as the other. But that'll never happen. It's almost always the case that an artist's best work is their least well known.

Last edited:
People get the wrong idea sometimes when they hear that none of his latter albums outsold Thriller. They'll just assume he fell off and wasn't great anymore, but you really have to look at standards. It is the biggest album in the world. After Thriller, he didn't outsell it, but he outsold the competition, and all of today's artists. He was still #1. His following two albums sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 30 million. How can that possibly be a disappointment? HIStory sold like 18 mil. Even Invincible, which is looked at as some sort of slump, sold around 10 million. So either people have to admit that MJ was still huge after Thriller, or they have to admit that they hold him to some godlike standard that applies only to him and no one else.

Last edited:
I second that. :) c'mon...Thriller is great....but my favorite album is Dangerous....that's just my opinion. :)

I own other MJ albums and also feel some other albums are better

BUT...

Thriller was the album that made a record company over $1 billion in sales alone and change the whole music industry...

and for that.. I am loving every bit of this T25 celebration...!!!

WHO CARES?!!!
Thriller changed the world, Dangerous didn't.
That's why the average Joe (y'know the non-MJ fan) can appreciate Thriller so much more. Some of you guys need to chill. At Least he's being remebered for something in a positive way. What if Michael was remembered in the media as that weird dude who only had a couple of hits?
You think nobody's gonna celebrate an album that sold over 100 MILLION copies?!
No other artist has even come close to accomplishing that feat. So just be glad it's Michael.
Good lord.

Hollaback.

Thankyou, That's what I'm saying appreciate what he has given/done. Besides this is the 25 annv. of Thriller it deserves all the credit it's receiving, his other albums still rocks aswell:punk:

yeah i feel ya on how it can be frustrating that they only ever mention Thriller but it did pretty much change the music industry for the better.
My favorite album of his though is probably Bad.

Something that really does irritate me though is that when they see Michael in the Jackson Five or something and i hear comments like which one is the lead singer?
uh...the little guy up front with the 'fro...that's michael jackson. and they go THAT'S Michael Jackson!? like they are so surprised by his talent or something...

It also irritates me when someone sees a video off of Thriller and they don't ever correlate the Michael Jackson of today with the Michael Jackson of Thriller...like as if somehow the real MJ disappeared sometime after Thriller and some kind of impersonator took his place....which is a conspiracy theory I've heard a lot. pfft

I think re-releasing Thriller is the smartest thing Mike can do because it re-introduces the world to the greatest entertainer the world has ever known and maybe introduces his genius to newer and younger fans who have never gotten to see his success and just his controversies. It also gives the really dumb fans a chance to see the original creator of the songs featured in Rihanna's single and Kanye West's the Good Life...It really upsets me when people don't know who the original creator of those songs are. I guess i just kind of expect everyone to know it.

I absolutely agree! I mean, don't get me wrong "Thriller" is a fantastic album, but IMHO it's not his best work! I mean with every album I think he has gotten better in every aspect! (Vocal, dance, writing) All the way from OTW-Invincible!

Back