Thriller isn't his only album you know

WHO CARES?!!!
Thriller changed the world, Dangerous didn't.
That's why the average Joe (y'know the non-MJ fan) can appreciate Thriller so much more. Some of you guys need to chill. At Least he's being remebered for something in a positive way. What if Michael was remembered in the media as that weird dude who only had a couple of hits?
You think nobody's gonna celebrate an album that sold over 100 MILLION copies?!
No other artist has even come close to accomplishing that feat. So just be glad it's Michael.
Good lord.

Hollaback.

I agree. :yes:

People do appreciate his other albums, but no matter what he does, Thriller will be his signature album. Michael fully intended for that album to change music the way it did, and that's the reason it's mentioned so much in connection to Michael. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. :)

I agree. :yes:

People do appreciate his other albums, but no matter what he does, Thriller will be his signature album. Michael fully intended for that album to change music the way it did, and that's the reason it's mentioned so much in connection to Michael. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. :)

I totally agree!!

i think the album invincible should get more recognized, its an amazing CD, my fav to be honest like some of the songs on that cd inspire me so much, everything on that album flows like a story. idk many of his albums should be more recognized but since thriller be his first very successful album, it shoud be talked about :)

if about oh another million to ten million artists throughout time had such a Problem. you truly had to be there to understand what Thriller meant and from a cultural perspective it changed lives and moved so many, i mean when you make a Album that touches people from 8-88 then you have done the damn thing. mind you dude was almost 15 years into his career when THriller was released and how many artists do you know that make that kind of a Album that deep in there careers? the average act is lucky to have half of a hit in there 5th year. MJ made the kind of album where no matter what anyone says or trys to take away from him they can't take that Monster of a Album away because it is in the record books forever.

I don't think that it's THRILLER the ALBUM, that stands out that much. In my opinion it was the whole packaging, the high quality mini-movies he made, the fact that the marketing for the album was like no other album had ever been promoted before.

HIStory is, musically, a much more genius album than THRILLER is.

So, when I hear people saying, that THRILLER is Michael Jackson's best album, I cannot agree, because when they say this, I believe it is because of the memories people have of the time when Thriller came out and the excitement that it generated and NOT because this album itself is in any way superior over his later work.
And that really annoys me!

if about oh another million to ten million artists throughout time had such a Problem. you truly had to be there to understand what Thriller meant and from a cultural perspective it changed lives and moved so many, i mean when you make a Album that touches people from 8-88 then you have done the damn thing. mind you dude was almost 15 years into his career when THriller was released and how many artists do you know that make that kind of a Album that deep in there careers? the average act is lucky to have half of a hit in there 5th year. MJ made the kind of album where no matter what anyone says or trys to take away from him they can't take that Monster of a Album away because it is in the record books forever.
^^^^^nuff said!! the Maxx has spoken!!!

See when you put it like THAT, I can definitely understand then.

Who else get's sick of the media always going on about Thriller? Yeah it's a fantastic album and i understand at this moment in time it is gonna be talked about alot because of Thriller 25 but i wish that the media would mention some of Michael's other achievments like BAD, Dangerous and HIStory

The way the media talks you'd swear that Michael has only ever had one album out with just three songs Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller

i agree with you

Maybe the albums as a whole are overlooked but the songs certainly aren't.

Bad, The Way You Make Me Feel, Rock With You, Black or White, You Are Not Alone, etc are some of the most praised Michael songs he's released. Even more so than the likes of PYT and Human Nature.

Thriller is it and no matter who don,t like the idea Thriller beats all music of all time. I,m so proud of Michael. Of course he has lots of others but none can touch Thriller.

Just like how Prince will always be known for "Purple Rain", Michael will always be best known for "Thriller". I know most of you wish "Dangerous" or "History" would get all the praise, but "Thriller" is the biggest selling album of all time and will always be MJ's crowning achievement. Now, that's not too say that his other albums weren't great (I personally think "Off The Wall" is his best album) but "Thriller" was groundbreaking and it wasn't only the music that made that album huge. It was the video's, the performances, MJ's style with the one glove, fedora, red jacket, etc. The whole "Thriller" phenomenon was something that had never been seen before or since for that matter, so while some may not like the fact that most associate Michael with "Thriller" all the time instead of his other work, there's just no denying it's impact and I'd rather that at least one of his album get praised all the time, then none at all.

The Michael from the "Thriller" era is forever etched in time and no matter what anyone thinks or says about him, they cannot take what he achieved with that album away from him. "Thriller" deserves ALL the credit it gets.

Just like how Prince will always be known for "Purple Rain", Michael will always be best known for "Thriller". I know most of you wish "Dangerous" or "History" would get all the praise, but "Thriller" is the biggest selling album of all time and will always be MJ's crowning achievement. Now, that's not too say that his other albums weren't great (I personally think "Off The Wall" is his best album) but "Thriller" was groundbreaking and it wasn't only the music that made that album huge. It was the video's, the performances, MJ's style with the one glove, fedora, red jacket, etc. The whole "Thriller" phenomenon was something that had never been seen before or since for that matter, so while some may not like the fact that most associate Michael with "Thriller" all the time instead of his other work, there's just no denying it's impact and I'd rather that at least one of his album get praised all the time, then none at all.

The Michael from the "Thriller" era is forever etched in time and no matter what anyone thinks or says about him, they cannot take what he achieved with that album away from him. "Thriller" deserves ALL the credit it gets.

Shhhh, you're making too much sense Cinnamon, lol.
Seriously, I agree with you. It's a damn shame half the folks here still don't get it.
Too bad.

Hollaback.

I can easily understand that , at some points, it can be very annoying to see MJJ's name ALWAYS associated with the only(but AMAZING) THRILLER.

It's normal that we find this shocking and not appropriate, but we have to remember we're fans, and for 99% of us, we know each word of each song of each album!!!

You know, for most of articles we read, they are more or less all from tabloids(even if it's positive). These articles are written by people who don't know at all the ENTIRE MJJ music catalog. The only thing they know is THRILLER, maybe BAD....

So, there's only in professional mag that journalist writte about something else than THRILLER...

We are like professional on MJJ, so.. But it's also kinda sad that people don't know at all the others MJJ's album... and for me, some of his most beautiful songs are the unreleased ones... We just have to deal with it, but it's true that THRILLER IS NOT HIS ONLY MASTERPIECE!!!!!!!

i think this is just using his old fame to jump onto a newer platform that would be massive in its own right.

meanwhile, i'm still living in the off the wall era, and DO NOT intend to leave. lol

for me bad is his best..and then thriller..but we have thriller 25 now thats way we talk about it is in fashion again.BAD made michael jackson the bigest star in the planet.dangerous was a good coppie of bad as an idea with really good songs in it..history was a good coppie of dangerous in more pop sounds but basiclly not somethig new...invincible was not pop at all it was a really black album actually was something differnet but not good songs in it, too many boring ballads..and too much r&b for europe to love.

Every album is special and needs to be treated that way! Michael is a multi-talented singer composer and entertainer and his records are unique. Thriller was the milestone of his career but from the time of Off The Wall until Invincible Michael built up his legend!

you know, i remeber somthing funny in MJ news online..someone said omg wait :toofunny: that :toofunny:
"thriller album and anything in that era sucks the worst and its a fact"
:woohoo::toofunny:

i think this is just using his old fame to jump onto a newer platform that would be massive in its own right.

meanwhile, i'm still living in the off the wall era, and DO NOT intend to leave. lol

Lol, me neither. I love everything about OTW.

Michael in general is under rated.. Even Thriller.. Thriller just gets the most respect of all his albums..

popularity

Many singers/bands have a particular album (or song) that they are most known for and/or is talked about more than their others.

Bad is my favorite album. Thriller is really boring to me (sorry!). My family is confused by this, lol!

analogue;1275591 said:
Who else get's sick of the media always going on about Thriller? Yeah it's a fantastic album and i understand at this moment in time it is gonna be talked about alot because of Thriller 25 but i wish that the media would mention some of Michael's other achievments like BAD, Dangerous and HIStory

The way the media talks you'd swear that Michael has only ever had one album out with just three songs Billie Jean, Beat It and Thriller

Considering that media belong to the commercial field of life, the ‘Thriller’ album being the best selling-album of all time unavoidably gets the most, or even the only, attention by media (when it comes to Michael Jackson's albums).

And these three songs from that album (‘Billie Jean’, ‘Beat It’, and to a lesser extent ‘Thriller’) have become his signature songs to the point where they are immediately recognizable by almost every man on earth.

So, there is nothing wrong or strange about the fact that this album gets such a media attention.

Also, this does not happen only with Michael Jackson.

For every major artist in the world, his/her most successful album tends to become a mixed blessing for the artist because it attracts the biggest attention by media to the disadvantage of the artist’s other, less successful albums.

As I see it, that is natural.

Ressurecting a zombie thread from 2008. Is this some clever pun on the Thriller album, lol?

But yeah, I agree. Other albums and songs don't get enough love.

What is really sad for me is watching the This Is It video. It was supposed to be his last big performance and I am 100% he would enjoy presenting Invincible stuff to the world. While watching the video I was like:"Waiting for Invincible stuff, waiting for Invincible stuff, waiting for...".
But no. He just HAD to perform the same old routine. "I'm going to perform the songs my fans want me to perform." Yeah, well...you don't HAVE to, Mike. Just perform what you want...

I know like he could sing mary had a little lamb and still need 100 ambulances

This isn’t just exclusive to Michael Jackson. Pretty much every artist has that one signature song/album that they are mostly known for. For example, Queen are mostly known for Bohemian Rapsody, Prince is mostly know for Purple Rain (album), Mariah Carey is mostly known for All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Only the hardcore fans will focus on the other albums/songs. But the hardcore fans are very smaller in comparison to the general public / casual fans, who will always associate an artist with a particular song / album.

Nite Line;4277904 said:
This isn’t just exclusive to Michael Jackson. Pretty much every artist has that one signature song/album that they are mostly known for. For example, Queen are mostly known for Bohemian Rapsody, Prince is mostly know for Purple Rain (album), Mariah Carey is mostly known for All I Want For Christmas Is You.

Only the hardcore fans will focus on the other albums/songs. But the hardcore fans are very smaller in comparison to the general public / casual fans, who will always associate an artist with a particular song / album.

Very true, Guns N Roses are known for the Appetite For Destruction album, Celine Dion for the Titanic classic My Heart Will Go On, Britney Spears For Hit Me Baby One More Time, and the list goes on. It's normal for the public to gravitate to when the artist/band was at their "peak". For Michael Jackson this was the Thriller album, a time when everybody loved him and were obsessed with him. Obviously people know MJ has many other great songs.

Back