How many concerts have you been to?

To be completely honest, they weren't as good as I expected. I was getting an odd vibe from the band, like they weren't into it. They played through the set list and didn't really interact with the audience much. But I must say their musicianship is excellent. Each member is amazing as what they do.

That's exactly how I felt. I thought Antony just didn't want to be there. And they didn't play Under The Bridge!

OMG some of u's have been to heaps :eek: I've only gone to see a couple of local bands and a Rock'it festival thingy with a few different groups (I only remember seeing there Grinspoon though :unsure:) Mostly i just go to see musicals and stage shows. Yes, im a geek :nerd:

Spice Girls
Steps
S Club 7
^^^ i have to say those were when i was younger lol and i loved em when i was little
I went to the WMA's-Michael Jackson if that counts as a concert
I went to see Prince last august at the o2-amazing concert, danced all night

I've only been to two, Westlife 2003 and Josh Groban 2007. I went to oxegen 2006 and I hated it!! I'm never going to a music festival again! The hygiene was a cause for concern, many people say thats half the fun but not for me! :p :p :p

I've been to Big Day Out (which is a big music festival)
and saw the likes of:
The Darkness
Fear Factory
Black Eyed Peas
Muse
Hoodoo Gurus
Something for Kate
as well as Metallica!!!

Also went and saw Alice Cooper last time he was in Melbourne :p he was awesome!

Oh, the 2004 BDO was it? I've seen nearly every BDO since 2000 on TV but not actually been to one yet. If a future BDO has some bands I'm really into I might go.

I have only been to a few, but the onlyone I liked was Janet Jacksons..

I've never seen Michael PERFORM in person, so.. At this point Janets was my favorite so far..

Tina Turner with Lionel Richie opening - My first concert and I was in the nose bleed seats- but loved it - Tina is a force to be reckoned with- loved Lionel too
Sade - Well Sade is Sade - lovely concert- been waiting and waiting and waiting for new music
Maxwell with Alicia Keys opening - Maxwell was great - can't wait to see him again - still waiting on new music to drop
Anita Baker - saw her in December 2007- she was great- loved her vibe/ her voice

Ive seen MJ in Adelaide and Melbourne for HIStory Tour, Janet Jackson for Velvet Tour in Adelaide, Bon Jovi in Adelaide, NKOTB in Adelaide, Yanni in Adelaide, plus numerous WWE shows in Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney.

Last edited:
1.M.Jackson "HIStory Tour" - Bucharest,Romania, 14th Sept.1996
2.M.Jackson "HIStory Tour" - Vienna, Austria, 2nd July 1997
3.George Michael "25 Live" - Sofia, Bulgaria, 28th May 2007
bearing in mind I live in Eastern Europe, it is great luck I have been to these Michael's concerts. Now it is easier and cheaper, but back in 1996 it was really hard and more expensive to go to a concert abroad. I hope that the fans in Western Europe realize how lucky they are, esp. England :)

^ Wow you were at the Bucherest HIStory show, how was it?
Well, the crowd was just insane, honestly said very bad-mannered people, pushing the others just for fun, I was even outraged! I thought I will not survive there, this is the reason why I could not stand long staying just in front if the stage, I wanted to stay alive, really! Then I decided to move a little bit aside.
Look, Austria....it was totally different situation - civilized people, no pushing at all, I couldn't believe it is true :) At the gates, people were standing in a queue waiting for their turn to come (there was nothing like this in Romania) I was happy to see such a nice atmosphere at a concert :) that concert in Vienna was wonderful, I remember everything, I had just one person in front of me and I could see well.
well, in Bucharest - it was the first time I saw Michael and I was really in shock...I couldn't believe I am there...at that stadium, it was full! I was watching the concert as if it was not Michael,(because of the shock). I was next to the left screen, and almost in the end, during "Heal the World" he stopped at that screen, looked at the same direction where I was, (as if he was looking at me precisely) and this is the only thing I remember...
The only place I could see Michael really closely was in front of his hotel "Imperial" in Vienna, wow...I am thankful for this!

^ wow that sounds amazing do you have any photos from the shows?

^ wow that sounds amazing do you have any photos from the shows?
well, it is not allowed to have a camera of any kind at the stadium as you probably know...still, I managed to take mine inside (in Bucharest) and then I realized I forgot the batteries... I always laugh when I remember this :) but anyway, I didn't have a nice camera at that time and the photos wouldn't be good at all. I only took several photos at the hotel in Vienna but I haven't thought to scan them because of the same reason - the quality is not good and Michael can't be seen very well. Still, if somebody insists, I could do it :)

in Bucharest - it was the first time I saw Michael and I was really in shock...I couldn't believe I am there...at that stadium, it was full! I was watching the concert as if it was not Michael,(because of the shock).

I had the same feeling in Michael's concert in Warsaw in September 1996. (HIStory Tour). I was so shocked that I wasn't aware where I was and who I was looking at :lol: and I could remember only small fragments of the show even the following day..

Going to this concert was one of the craziest things I've ever done.
I was 14 then and was living in a small town, I had to plan everything down to the last detail keeping it a secret from my parents ;) so I took my younger sister with me to not be alone and go on a trip to a big city I didn't know at all. I managed to get to the stadium (airport actually) through completely desorganised city and was standing squeezed in a crowd of 120 thousand people I couldn't almost breathe. A strange guy who was standing near to me lifted me up that I could watch whole Thriller and Billie Jean performances very well. It was very kind of him.

Apart from MJ I've been to
Sting, June 2001
George Michael, July 2007
, very interactive concert and i was just a metre from GM. Amazing
I'm going to see The Cure this month ;)
all in Warsaw

do you mean MJ concerts or any concerts... not many either probably 3......

Wycleaf, Beyonce and World music awards

I´ve been to a whole bunch...let´s see:

Backstreet Boys
Peter Andre
Spice Girls
Janet Jackson
Anastacia
Pink (x3)
Craig David
3t
Lionel Richie
Justin Timberlake
Michael Jackson
Madonna

I had the same feeling in Michael's concert in Warsaw in September 1996. (HIStory Tour). I was so shocked that I wasn't aware where I was and who I was looking at :lol: and I could remember only small fragments of the show even the following day..

Going to this concert was one of the craziest things I've ever done.
I was 14 then and was living in a small town, I had to plan everything down to the last detail keeping it a secret from my parents ;) so I took my younger sister with me to not be alone and go on a trip to a big city I didn't know at all. I managed to get to the stadium (airport actually) through completely desorganised city and was standing squeezed in a crowd of 120 thousand people I couldn't almost breathe. A strange guy who was standing near to me lifted me up that I could watch whole Thriller and Billie Jean performances very well. It was very kind of him.

Apart from MJ I've been to
Sting, June 2001
George Michael, July 2007
, very interactive concert and i was just a metre from GM. Amazing
I'm going to see The Cure this month ;)
all in Warsaw
The George Michael's concert last year was indeed a great one, I was also very close to the stage...
your story about going to Warsaw for Michael's concert is nice :) once I tried to lie my parents about going to Slovenia for Michael's concert too, they found out and it was an awful experience.I didn't go, and the concert was canceled as well...anyway.
You are from Poland obviously, do you remember in 2000 when Michael was supposed to go there in March, he wanted to build an amusement park near Warsaw...I went there with some friends, lots of other fans were arriving from all over the world, we stayed in front of Michael's hotel hoping for him to come, but he canceled the trip the last day. I was extremely disappointed.

Stam1na 2008
Nightwish 2009
Tarja Turunen 2010
Iron Maiden (Alice Cooper was the opener) 2011
Nightwish twice in 2012

Last edited:
Quite a few, now that I think about it. I can't say the exact number, but in terms of length of time they stretch out from the HIStory tour to last October. In this timeframe, I was fortunate enough to travel to some gorgeous European cities and see quite a few talented people perform, THE most talented of all being, of course, Mr. Obvious :tonguev4:

Back