The Beatles!

I love the Beatles. My friend got me into them when I was in junior high, been a fan ever since. I prefer their later stuff over the early stuff though. My favorite song is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

So is anyone buying either of the box sets? Or any of the remastered albums or rock band?

I'm not a rock band fan, but the videos look incredible. The game follows the Beatles through their career starting at the Cavern Club through Abbey Road Studios. Once the band is in the studio, there's all these visual representations of how the band interprets the song (I read an interview in Game-Informer where Paul/Yoko/Ringo etc decided what would go on screen).

I haven't had a video game since Atari 2600, so I don't know anything about that, lol. Video games are not my thing.

So is anyone buying either of the box sets? Or any of the remastered albums or rock band?

I REALLY, REALLY want the mono box set. I've got two of the Stereo remastered albums already -- Revolver and The White Album -- and have listened to them. They are superb. I would love to get Rock Band, but, sadly, I have a PS2 and not a Wii, PS3 or Xbox.

Yeah, I agree w/ pretty much everything duranduran's said, lol. DD, have you bought or are you going to buy either of the box sets? (or both??). If you were recommending one to buy based on sound quality, which would you go w/, stereo or mono? Most of the reviews I've read say that Mono is better because it's the quality that George Martin used and put much time and energy in, opposed to stereo, which was in its infancy stages and mixed by George's underlings. And that the Beatles mixed them in Mono, so that's how they're supposed to sound, and therefore the closest representation to what took place in the studio. Do you agree w/ any of this, or do you think it's just music snobbery and that the two mixes sound the same (or do you prefer stereo?). I've read a few comments @ amazon's boards preferring one over the other, and countless mono-fans swearing by mono.

i've listened to mixes on youtube and mono sounded better, but it wasn't an official mix (i think the user was 'theonebeatle' who posted/mixed them; not quite sure how one does that). i've tried finding posts of the 09 remasters of the same song to compare, but accuracy is very difficult because different people post them, which may affect the sound. anyways any thoughts on the subject?

Oh, and on this, the first four albums had only been released on mono only and had not been released on stereo until now. The albums from Yellow Submarine all the way to Let It Be were released in stereo only because that was the only one they were recorded on. The others had been recorded on both stereo and mono prior to those. But, the four new songs on the Yellow Submarine songtrack are in the mono box set in the "Mono Masters" set. Some songs, once you listen to them, you can determine were either "made for mono," "made for stereo," or sound good on both. You can definitely hear instruments better on the stereo versions, and everything seems pretty balanced for the most part.

U know I'm not a fan of the Beatles. I love Hey Jude and Let It Be but that's it. But for several days lately I've been watching their videos on Youtube and seen that their music's so diverse. LIke Helter Skelter, it's pure metal LOL, songs like Lady Madonna, A Hard Day's Night, DOnt Let Me Down,... are great too. I think it's time to reeducate myself about The Beatles LOL.
One of my friends suggest me buying Sergent Pepper Lonely Heart Club Band (?) (weird name ^). But I've come across a lot bunch of ppl who say Sergent Pepper is far from their best album and one of the most overrated album ever, they say Revolver (?) should take its place. I think I should get some advice from you ^^. Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

the Beatles! sounds like a thread for me lil Lennon's girlll! :lol: My favs is the white album. definitely. I also luv revolver and the abbey road. sgt pepper has high notes in my heart. somany of them. I would not suggest any on 'the best of', tho. the ones I luv the most are not so well known...
some teaser :tease:
John_Lennon_5.jpg

;)

They have a new box set out, but it's way too much money for me at this point.

I REALLY, REALLY want the mono box set. I've got two of the Stereo remastered albums already -- Revolver and The White Album -- and have listened to them. They are superb. I would love to get Rock Band, but, sadly, I have a PS2 and not a Wii, PS3 or Xbox.

you have the Stereo remastered ones???? OoOoOoOoO what is the quality? How do you like it? Please share your opinion... I've seen some in the shop, but wasn't sure if I want to buy them (I have old ones) and can't afford just buying anything I want :lol: so I would luv to know the opinions about remastered ones...

Oh, and on this, the first four albums had only been released on mono only and had not been released on stereo until now. The albums from Yellow Submarine all the way to Let It Be were released in stereo only because that was the only one they were recorded on. The others had been recorded on both stereo and mono prior to those. But, the four new songs on the Yellow Submarine songtrack are in the mono box set in the "Mono Masters" set. Some songs, once you listen to them, you can determine were either "made for mono," "made for stereo," or sound good on both. You can definitely hear instruments better on the stereo versions, and everything seems pretty balanced for the most part.

o :lol: I see that you've already posted your opinion! Thank you for saying that... I will needto go to the shop and listen to it first. Yeah, just like Earth Song, can afford all this stuff right now... but I hope I will at some point! :jump:

o :lol: I see that you've already posted your opinion! Thank you for saying that... I will needto go to the shop and listen to it first. Yeah, just like Earth Song, can afford all this stuff right now... but I hope I will at some point! :jump:

I've got the White Album and Revolver. I kept on switching the CDs after every song to make my comparisons -- I took notes! lol

"Tomorrow Never Knows" is one of THE BEST remastered songs. And the whole White Album is so much louder (as is every other album) and clearer and you can hear everything...and I mean EVERYTHING! I've heard that Revolver is the best remastered album from a lot of people...we'll see, once I make more purchases and comparisons.

I'm a Beatle freak!!! :p

EDIT: I'm a college student, so I'm watching what I buy. And my dad keeps saying that he doesn't know if they're gonna get me the mono box set because they have other bills to pay along with paying my tuition AND my brother's tuition. BUT, it's cheaper to buy the remastered stereo albums separately instead of in the box set. I have pics of the albums I got -- I took pics of the covers, insides, booklets and CDs. If you would like to see them, I can PM you the link!

Last edited:
I love the Beatles. My friend got me into them when I was in junior high, been a fan ever since. I prefer their later stuff over the early stuff though. My favorite song is "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds."

LSD is magical, mesmerizing... :heart:
john_lennon.jpg

:heart:

Last edited:
I've got the White Album and Revolver. I kept on switching the CDs after every song to make my comparisons -- I took notes! lol

"Tomorrow Never Knows" is one of THE BEST remastered songs. And the whole White Album is so much louder (as is every other album) and clearer and you can hear everything...and I mean EVERYTHING! I've heard that Revolver is the best remastered album from a lot of people...we'll see, once I make more purchases and comparisons.

I'm a Beatle freak!!! :p

:) so sweet! those are my two favourites albums! and that would beclear to me to buy those two first :lol: :) :) and I really luv tomorrow never knows, it's outstanding! Thank you for the opinion! :hug:
35602_-_the_beatles_pictures147.jpg

Yeah, I agree w/ pretty much everything duranduran's said, lol. DD, have you bought or are you going to buy either of the box sets? (or both??). If you were recommending one to buy based on sound quality, which would you go w/, stereo or mono? Most of the reviews I've read say that Mono is better because it's the quality that George Martin used and put much time and energy in, opposed to stereo, which was in its infancy stages and mixed by George's underlings. And that the Beatles mixed them in Mono, so that's how they're supposed to sound, and therefore the closest representation to what took place in the studio. Do you agree w/ any of this, or do you think it's just music snobbery and that the two mixes sound the same (or do you prefer stereo?). I've read a few comments @ amazon's boards preferring one over the other, and countless mono-fans swearing by mono.

i've listened to mixes on youtube and mono sounded better, but it wasn't an official mix (i think the user was 'theonebeatle' who posted/mixed them; not quite sure how one does that). i've tried finding posts of the 09 remasters of the same song to compare, but accuracy is very difficult because different people post them, which may affect the sound. anyways any thoughts on the subject?

I sort of have the same dilemma concerning Mono Vs Stereo.I hear wonderful things about the mono boxset & it seems to be the one that most Beatles fans are chamioning as the better set.But on the other hand I'm not a complettist or hardcore enough to the point where I'd have to own everything.i.e both sets.
I have a few Beatles best ofs & grew up with my parents owning the vinyls.I have always held off buying their catolag because I always found it too expensive to buy the albums seperately & I always wanted to buy it in one swoop rather than building it over a long period.
For those reasons I'm gonna go with the stereo set plus the fact that it includes all the albums including the latter albums which are IMO the better albums.If your gonna fork out that kind of money you might aswell have everything & I've noticed the mono set in some places is more expensive.
In all theres give & take for both formats & positive arguments for both mono & stereo.I was never hung up on mono though so it'll be the complete stereo boxset for me.
Not that I can afford this right now.

Last edited:
Come Together? Not sure.He was a big Lennon fan.He had quite a few books on Lennon.

Yes! He had "Lennon Remembers" which I noticed cuz I have that same printing of it. :)

MJJ_luv1991 said:
I REALLY, REALLY want the mono box set.

Me, too! I just this morning heard the Sgt Pepper's Reprise/Day In the Life and you could decern Paul's little monologue as the two pieced together. Very cool. I'd need to hear it again to hear more clearing what he was saying, ha, but it is do-able.

I want the mono set now- but first off it is too much money for me now, and two I am going to wait to purchase it cuz I want MJ to have more sales in 2009. :) I really want MJ to top sales!

Also heard some of Revolution, the fast one, from Rockband. They put on a bit where it is an extension of the guitar intro...nice... buuut... then they clipped out the screaming bit! Must be a mono mix with the balance on the guitar side, I am guessing?

I want Rock Band more than the mono box right now, but I want about 20 MJ shirts most of all. :)

I want the mono set now- but first off it is too much money for me now, and two I am going to wait to purchase it cuz I want MJ to have more sales in 2009. :) I really want MJ to top sales!

I want Rock Band more than the mono box right now, but I want about 20 MJ shirts most of all. :)

Lorraine, I know how much you love George!! :p
And remember, he owned the catalog to most of their songs, so his kids/estate profit from the sales. :)

I can't get Rock Band because I don't have the right console for it! :(

Plus, since you're waiting to buy the mono set, it gives you time to save up money to get it! Hehe.

Lorraine, I know how much you love George!! :p

Guilty as charged!!! :D

And remember, he owned the catalog to most of their songs, so his kids/estate profit from the sales. :)

I can't get Rock Band because I don't have the right console for it! :(

Plus, since you're waiting to buy the mono set, it gives you time to save up money to get it! Hehe.

Yeah, I know, I think RB is only for PS3! : /

RB looks so fun!

I hope Prince, Paris, and Blanket make heaps of money off the different Beatles things... Dhani, too... he's worked hard on Rock Band! :)

Yeah, I know, I think RB is only for PS3! : /

RB looks so fun!

I hope Prince, Paris, and Blanket make heaps of money off the different Beatles things... Dhani, too... he's worked hard on Rock Band! :)

Dhani's sooo hot!! :naughty:
And a clone of George.

RB is for PS3, Xbox and Wii. I have a PS2. Out of luck.

Last edited:
I've just bought the White Album for my sister as a late present for her birthday (I hope she won't see my post!!!!! :giggle:) I have to send it to her to Ireland. I couldn't afford buying one for myself, but I was going to spend some money on it anyway :wub: I hope she will like it! I hope she will not tell me now: "but it's not Michael Jackson" :lamo: She luvs White Album and I hope she will like this version... :give_heart:

A few of my favorites.....
"Yesterday", "I Want To Hold Your Hand"
"Love" and "Imagine", John Lennon
"Something", George Harrison

HA! That made me laugh.

You lucky person.I have to save.

:lol: thank you! :hi:
I have to save too! and taking into account that I've just bought the White Album for my sis... now I have to save more to get my copies! :lmao: not a good deal! :p :p :p

Back