Your Opinion - Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

Could MJ Have Done All Fifty Shows?

• HELL YES!! He could have done 50 AND MORE! (please explain below)

Votes: 104 21.4%
  • Yeah, I think he was ready for 50, with the breaks here and there. (please explain below)

Votes: 248 51.0%
  • No, he was not healthy enough to do 50 shows. (please explain below)

Votes: 134 27.6%

• Total voters
Re: So...do you guys think he could have done all 50 shows?

I'm i the only one who thinks that Michael looked way better during This Is It than what he did during the 30th Anniversary concerts back in 2001?

Nope. I think he looked much better for TII. He was heavier in 2001, but he looked more focused and on his game in TII.

In his spirit he was ready and up for it........but in his lovely body maybe only the 10 shows that he agreed to??
Bless him. I cry for him. Mike died knowing he was so so so loved.................all sold out tickets.........
I had tickets for 10th aug..........it doesnt matter now..........Mike is resting now..........but just call his name and he'll be there. xxx

Mike died knowing he was so so so loved.................all sold out tickets.........

There is some solace in that. He left us knowing how very much he was still loved.

Its funny, when he was alive I didnt hear anyone saying they didnt think he could do them.

Were you trying to convince yourselves or what?

Personally, I wasn't aware of the 10 versus 50 controversy until after his passing. Many artists announce a limited number of shows initially, with more shows being added always being the intent. I do believe that was the case here as well.

The could he or couldn't he now is a direct result of what happened, which is understandable under the circumstances.

Its funny, when he was alive I didnt hear anyone saying they didnt think he could do them.

Were you trying to convince yourselves or what?

The TINI campaigners were dead against it. These are the ones who were outside his house at his gates and some of them even out there on a day to day basis. They even wrote letters to Michael about it.
But anyway, don't want to bring that in here, usually just ends up with people arguing. ;)

The TINI campaigners were dead against it. These are the ones who were outside his house at his gates and some of them even out there on a day to day basis. They even wrote letters to Michael about it.
But anyway, don't want to bring that in here, usually just ends up with people arguing. ;)

Yeah but im talking about people on this forum. I can only recall one person on here saying they didnt think he could complete the shows.

Now this thread seems to have quite a lot of them. So, why wasnt I hearing this before he died?

I have always thought he could have done the 50 shows. This was not a tour, he will not have to go from one place to the other, traveling every single day. He and his kids were to move to London to LIVE there as a family. All people in TII were not to stay at hotels, but at homes.

There weres shows every other day, yes, but I believe from the heart Michael just needed that first night to receive all our energy, love and support... and to see the eyes of his kids shinning with honest pride to give him the strenght and passion to do the 50 shows.

ditto.

Honestly....I am not sure. I know that I began to worry about him when I saw pictures of him on his 50-th birthday. He seemed so fragile to me even back then.
He was waaaay too thin but ...I don"t know. I think that he could have done that 50 shows but I also think that he would have been extremely tired. He really. really needed to put some weight . It"s Michael we"re talking about ...I know....those shows would have been something the world has never seen before, and it so painfull to think about all that. I miss him like hell.

Yeah but im talking about people on this forum. I can only recall one person on here saying they didnt think he could complete the shows.

Now this thread seems to have quite a lot of them. So, why wasnt I hearing this before he died?

on the michaeljackson.com forums...as soon as the tickets had sold out...there was a load of new negativity..like alot of "ZOMG HE WON'T DO ALL THE SHOWS AND THEY WILL BE CANCELLED AND OUR LIVES RUINED" type threads.

It got to the point where I wouldn't read them or post in them...because there I was with my tickets, brimming with excitement...and there were all these 'but what if, but but but'... I had my own concerns about Michael...not about whether he could do the shows. There were alot of doubters who thought he wouldn't make it through the shows.

as for me...I honestly can't say whether he would have done them ALL or not...I am thinking about things like illness, flu...Michael was human, not a machine :)

Put it into perspective.. Michael was rehearsing for at least 5/6 hours a day, 6 day a week.. usually would leave his house 6pm-8pm and get out midnight - 1am..

1) His concert would have lasted lets just say 2 hours give or take.. less than half the time as rehearsal

2)Remember the concert list, it was not back to back nights, there would be a day or two or three between shows..

3) then a large break for the second leg...

Put into consideration:

1) the concerts would have taken place roughly the same time in the day, meaning his sleeping patterns would have been more in control than he was leaving at various hours of the night..

2) They built in creative ways for Michael to take breaks in the show, the 3d movies, and side shows like dance intermissions by back up.. etc.

What I am basically saying is that rehearsals were much more demanding overall than an organized concert list.. If Michael could have rehearsed under those circumstances for months, Michael could have taken care of the concerts.. Not saying any of it would be easy.. But he proved first hand he could take it

Hell yes!! No problems what so ever, with the amount of support, breaks in between, this wasn't going to be a full on show like BAD tour, it was paced and fine tuned to Michael's liking, he's a perfectionist, TII it would have gone global, we all know that, I thought all this could he?..would he...? stuff had gone. You've only got to see TII film to know this concert would of been a total success.

I said it, but not openly because I didn't want to dampen any enthusiasm. I did voice concerns to friends. I had a terribly ominous feeling about FIFTY shows (I didn't get tickets, because of this). This was a man who had not performed a concert for twelve-and-a-half years! I would have hoped that he would have done a one-time tv pay-for-view special, to test the water? Or even ten shows? But not fifty.

And no, he never did a rehearsal of the full show. I'm not wanting to cause any problems here (but opinions WERE asked for?). . . . and thinking he couldn't do fifty shows is NOT "lack of faith" in Michael. It's acknowledgment that he was a human-being, and one who had had back-trouble for years that caused him a lot of pain. I would have preferred that he never set foot on stage again, if that was what he wanted, rather than to be. . . . . gone. So, sadly, my answer would have to be, "no."

Carry on,

Vic

Last edited:

i don't think this is the right question. to me, the right question is, was he tricked into doing fifty shows? i don't care if you are MR. olympia on steroids. there was something fishy about that contract. i've never, in my life heard a person work an an artist for as long as Phillips worked on Michael. and i have never heard of a man telling an artist that they wanted him to do ten shows. then, the next morning, it's fifty. even if a person is totall ready for something..that's just trickery. i've never heard of it, in my life. i've never heard an artist get one piece of news like that, in one day, and another dramatic one, like that twenty four hours later. if there was a contract...it's got to be a shape shifter contract from Star Trek. how does it change over like that? In 2001, MJ made it clear that he HATED touring. he never gave the impression that he was waffly about those things. he said it put him through HELL. but because MJ came across as soft spoken, those who spoke to him, came off as being on bully pulpits..even in that PHM video. sure, he laughed it off, but it was easy to tell he hated being confrontational. those people got the last word, and he joked about loving touring...but it didn't feel right.

it doesn't matter what your physical state is, if your mental state is not ready for something.

MJ seemed to like to do as few things as possible, to make the biggest impact. two MSG shows. make tapes. let everybody see it worldwide.

it seems like ten shows, the internet or tv...big impact.

at least...it seemed that many people thought that MJ was the kind of person that waffled on people. but what really seemed real was it was the other way around. people waffled on MJ. ten shows..hocus pocus..fifty? i'm still smarting about that.

it feels like something went terribly wrong that we don't know about, between those ten shows, and his death. and i have a hard time with the idea that his physical health had anything to do with it.

i don't think MJ needed a rhyme or reason to do what he wanted to do..whatever that was..whether it was 10 shows.. or no shows, and just to continue raising his kids. and i refuse to ever ever believe he had financial troubles. i maintain what i believed from the very beginning. MJ set himself and his kids up for many lifetimes, many years ago. and he simply didn't really want to tour, anymore, and get run into the ground, like James Brown. which were his exact words, before a lot of people started shouting in his ear, and he started looking like he was acquiescing, because he shied away from being on bully pulpits, and shouting, to get his points across, like other people do. i still believe he didn't really want to tour. and i know that is hard for people to hear. and that doesn't mean he didn't love his fans. he loved his fans more than any other artist in history. but he was a human being. not a machine. and there are many ways to entertain someone, besides what the shouters in his ear were suggesting.

i think MJ was physically fit enough to do fifty. but that doesn't mean he should have been obligated to do fifty, if he didn't want to do fifty. and that doesn't make him selfish. he has qualified to be the most charitable person on earth. he can never be accused of selfishness if he didn't want to tour. even if he was healthy enough to go around the world ten times.

Last edited:

i don't think this is the right question. to me, the right question is, was he tricked into doing fifty shows? i don't care if you are MR. olympia on steroids. there was something fishy about that contract. i've never, in my life heard a person work an an artist for as long as Phillips worked on Michael. and i have never heard of a man telling an artist that they wanted him to do ten shows. then, the next morning, it's fifty. even if a person is totall ready for something..that's just trickery. i've never heard of it, in my life. i've never heard an artist get one piece of news like that, in one day, and another dramatic one, like that twenty four hours later. if there was a contract...it's got to be a shape shifter contract from Star Trek. how does it change over like that? In 2001, MJ made it clear that he HATED touring. he never gave the impression that he was waffly about those things. he said it put him through HELL. but because MJ came across as soft spoken, those who spoke to him, came off as being on bully pulpits..even in that PHM video. sure, he laughed it off, but it was easy to tell he hated being confrontational. those people got the last word, and he joked about loving touring...but it didn't feel right.

it doesn't matter what your physical state is, if your mental state is not ready for something.

MJ seemed to like to do as few things as possible, to make the biggest impact. two MSG shows. make tapes. let everybody see it worldwide.

it seems like ten shows, the internet or tv...big impact.

at least...it seemed that many people thought that MJ was the kind of person that waffled on people. but what really seemed real was it was the other way around. people waffled on MJ. ten shows..hocus pocus..fifty? i'm still smarting about that.

it feels like something went terribly wrong that we don't know about, between those ten shows, and his death. and i have a hard time with the idea that his physical health had anything to do with it.

i don't think MJ needed a rhyme or reason to do what he wanted to do..whatever that was..whether it was 10 shows.. or no shows, and just to continue raising his kids. and i refuse to ever ever believe he had financial troubles. i maintain what i believed from the very beginning. MJ set himself and his kids up for many lifetimes, many years ago. and he simply didn't really want to tour, anymore, and get run into the ground, like James Brown. which were his exact words, before a lot of people started shouting in his ear, and he started looking like he was acquiescing, because he shied away from being on bully pulpits, and shouting, to get his points across, like other people do. i still believe he didn't really want to tour. and i know that is hard for people to hear. and that doesn't mean he didn't love his fans. he loved his fans more than any other artist in history. but he was a human being. not a machine. and there are many ways to entertain someone, besides what the shouters in his ear were suggesting.

i think MJ was physically fit enough to do fifty. but that doesn't mean he should have been obligated to do fifty, if he didn't want to do fifty. and that doesn't make him selfish. he has qualified to be the most charitable person on earth. he can never be accused of selfishness if he didn't want to tour. even if he was healthy enough to go around the world ten times.

:angel:

I just saw the new clips from TII and I keep my word: I think he could have done the 50 shows.

Now, issues about the contract, how they managed MJ to agree on 50.... I really don't know, but I really, really, from the heart, have difficults believing he wouldn't be able to understand what he was getting into when accepting 50 shows instead of 10.

He always said he didn't want to end like James Brown and other icons and then.... done. I just don't get it :(

I don't think MJ could have done 50 shows.

We can't use TII the movie as evidence because they were never going to show anything which made it look like MJ was incapable. It is, to all intents and purposes, propaganda. They had to make an agreement with Katherine that they wouldn't show anything which wasn't positive.

But we know from Karen Faye that MJ was losing weight rapidly. She said he was cold to the touch and exhibiting signs of drug use. She said that one time she asked for filming to be stopped because MJ was so sickly. She also said that he missed lots of rehearsals.

She said on her facebook that she was so worried about him she took her concerns to the higher ups.

And don't forget the fans on the ground in LA who said MJ was extremely skinny - they saw him in rehearsals and were so upset by his appearance that they started a campaign to 'save his life'. They also said he was becoming increasingly dazed and they thought his drug use was increasing.

Also, he kept telling people he only signed for ten shows (even though the contract shows he signed for 31) and that he was 'just one man'.

PS> I don't see any relevance in saying things like, 'Funny how before MJ died everyone was excited but after he died they all said they didn't think he could do it.'

The fact is, after MJ died we had more information at our fingertips. It wasn't until after MJ died that Karen Faye made her revelations on facebook, for instance. And although the fans in LA were scared for MJ's life before he died, we didn't find out what they'd witnessed until after he was gone.

I think that he could have done them. He loved being on stage, he WAS skinny and he DID need fattening up a bit (he needed someone around him to make sure he kept eating properly) but he could have done them and he WOULD have done them for us.

Despite all of Karen Faye's revelations?

Yes, he could.

I don't think MJ could have done 50 shows.

We can't use TII the movie as evidence because they were never going to show anything which made it look like MJ was incapable. It is, to all intents and purposes, propaganda. They had to make an agreement with Katherine that they wouldn't show anything which wasn't positive.

But we know from Karen Faye that MJ was losing weight rapidly. She said he was cold to the touch and exhibiting signs of drug use. She said that one time she asked for filming to be stopped because MJ was so sickly. She also said that he missed lots of rehearsals.

She said on her facebook that she was so worried about him she took her concerns to the higher ups.

And don't forget the fans on the ground in LA who said MJ was extremely skinny - they saw him in rehearsals and were so upset by his appearance that they started a campaign to 'save his life'. They also said he was becoming increasingly dazed and they thought his drug use was increasing.

Also, he kept telling people he only signed for ten shows (even though the contract shows he signed for 31) and that he was 'just one man'.

whatever people say about his health, i will say one thing about conracts. people make 'blank page' contracts all the time. and the signee can easily be duped. he could easily sign for 10 shows, and then, somebody can take the contract behind their back, along with their crossed fingers, and add writing to it. there are evil people out there that do that all the time, and certainly would do it if big money was in their eyes. so all the intelligence that Michael could ever have, could not stop an evil person from coming up with a bogus contract that looks iron clad, and legit.

i have a real problem with Karen's claims of drug use. absolutely nobody, who ever met Michael can claim that they actually saw him using. and absolutely nobody who is an actual drug user can go through their life without being seen using, at least, once, by somebody, because it's a habit. it's like all the claims that people wanted to make that MJ was a child molester. absolutely NOBODY ever saw him performing such an act. and if he was, SOMEBODY would have caught him in the act, because it's a habit.

but between crossed time lines, and liars, and eye of the beholder as far as 'exhibiting signs of drug use'...none of that is proof of any of these accusations against MJ.

Last edited:

Yes I believe he could have done the 50 shows, but I think he would have needed breaks to make sure he nourished himself properly, rested, and to spend time with his children.

Michael used to lose weight in his concerts.
The last weeks in his life he went to more rehearsals,he was older now and had to use much more energy during the rehearsals and he lost lots of weight.
The concerts shouldn´t be every day and it shouldn´t be as long as the rehearsals.

Michael was examined by a doctor and the drugtests were negative.(AEG would never start a concertprojet if the artist wasn´t healthy enough and certainly not if the artist took drugs.They spent lots of money for the concerts and there had never been a movie if Michael couldn´t perform.)
Noone saw him taking drugs and they didn´t find drugs in his body except for those who had been given by his doctor to make him sleep.

I read fans talked to him after he had 2 sleepless nights and I don´t wonder if he forgot what he said, seemed sick, was upset, crying and didn´t think he could make it.You get very tired and can feel ill after one sleepless night especially when you are getting older.
If a person don´t sleep he can behave like he was drunk or had taken drugs.

One big reason why Michael was doing these concerts was he wanted to do it for his fans.He loved his fans and fans loved him and they wanted to see him.
He could have felt he was tired after he began to work hard again and doubted he could do so many shows but to me it seems strange that he should tell his fans that he didn´t want to do the concerts for them.
He wasn´t even able to decide exactly what songs he should have in the concerts because the fans wanted to hear so many songs, he couldn´t do them all, and he didnt want to disapoint his fans.
But when you are tired you say things you don´t mean to say.

In his last week he said he could do it, and I think it was Ortega who said he was uncertain (I believe that was if he could do all 50 shows)before but in the end he saw that MJ had got it again, and MJ could do it.

Maybe this is cruel... but I just stumbled over this question in this forum section... and honestly I'll give you my first thought:
Didn't life answer this question clear enough?!

Sorry for being that cynical.

Michael Jackson was murdered.
He got a lethal dose of propofol which could kill an elephant.
It has nothing to do with if people think he was to skinny and unhealthy.

Well I certainly don't wanna hurt anyone... but as Michael didn't perform 50 shows... life gave the only real answer to that question.

All other will stay theory forever. All other are connected to a lot of if(s)... and will always stay that... theories/ understandable wishfull thinking.

Forgive me... maybe I've done too much science in life and was forced a bit too often to stick with reality.

Last edited:

yes he could

Didn't life answer this question clear enough?!

No, it did not! Dr. Murray made sure we never got an answer to that question (and no, I'm not saying he did that intentional)!

Innocent until proven guilty only applies to MJ, I see.

One rule for MJ and another for Dr Murray.

Back