To Catlovers

Re: to catlovers

I´ve found Billie Jean and Michael is here too.

I love al the animals specially cats (I have one), they're so mysterious... No doubts about why the Egipcians treated them as gods...

Some cats are almost treated like gods or babies,but many are not treated good at all

The great kitty rescue .Maybe they weren´t loved when they were born but they were loved in the end.And still are.
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgCl02KCCj0?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FgCl02KCCj0?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Last edited:
Volunteers on Stockholms catshelter are in love
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMzrYr8glLI?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMzrYr8glLI?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

They think he is about ten years and he had a home once but it´s long time ago.
I love those oldies, they deserve a good home where they can get food without having to fight for it.

I did have a cat but he went missing earlier this year :( my boyfriend told me today he wants to get me a kitten for Christmas (aww) but I'm a bit scared in case I can't train it (my other cat was a stray, I adopted him as an adult)

I did have a cat but he went missing earlier this year :( my boyfriend told me today he wants to get me a kitten for Christmas (aww) but I'm a bit scared in case I can't train it (my other cat was a stray, I adopted him as an adult)
Did your cat have a tattoo or a chip? I know there are cats who have been missing for ten years who has been trapped and the owner has been found thanks to the tattoo.

There is a law in Sweden which says kitten has to be at least 12 weeks before they may leave their mothers .Sometimes it looks like the mother is fed up with her kittens , but the kittens learn from the mother and the siblings that it hurts to bite.They learn the limits.
They learn other things too.
I remember one catfamily I took care of where one of the boys were mummys boy when he was 8 weeks, he ran to her when he thought the siblings were to bad.
When he was 12 weeks he was a brave,big boy.

Did your cat have a tattoo or a chip? I know there are cats who have been missing for ten years who has been trapped and the owner has been found thanks to the tattoo.

There is a law in Sweden which says kitten has to be at least 12 weeks before they may leave their mothers .Sometimes it looks like the mother is fed up with her kittens , but the kittens learn from the mother and the siblings that it hurts to bite.They learn the limits.
They learn other things too.
I remember one catfamily I took care of where one of the boys were mummys boy when he was 8 weeks, he ran to her when he thought the siblings were to bad.
When he was 12 weeks he was a brave,big boy.

No sadly he didn't, I know that it was a big mistake not having him chipped. I think I know why he disappeared too, somebody dumped a load of junk in front of his cat flap that was downstairs and led to the outside (I live in a small block of flats so he had two cat flaps to get out). As it was a few days before I noticed it was blocked he had probably been trying to get in but gave up which is sad :(

The law you have in Sweden sounds like a very good law, one that allows the kittens to naturally leave their mother without any human input. We don't have that law here I don't think.

There are many countries with feral cat crisis, but I believe we can make a difference.

They have been treated so bad by humans but still they have love to give and want to be loved.

awww, what a cute and inspirational thread this is! I love cats - they are the highlight of the creation to me. I have three geriatric ones: Roosje, the one I got for my tenth birthday as a kitten. She is half Siamese, half Persian. Now she's almost eightteen years old and a bit bald. But she's still lively, sweet and fun as always. Our two other cats, Ober and Snoep, were inherited from my husband's aunt. They are 16 and 15 years old. Snoep is crazy fun and loves all strangers, Ober is typically arrogant as cats often are, but sweet when she feels like it.

Last edited:
Roosje;3157693 said:
awww , waht a cute and inspirational thread this is! I love cats - they are the highlight of the creation to me. I have three geriatric ones: Roosje, the one I got for my tenth birthday as a kitten. She is half Siamese, half Persian. Now she's almost eightteen years old and a bit bald. But she's still lively, sweet and fun as always. Our two other cats, Ober and Snoep, were inherited from my husband's aunt. They are 16 and 15 years old. Snoep is crazy fun and loves all strangers, Ober is typically arrogant as cats often are, but sweet when she feels like it.

Some think if older cats lose their owner they will never adapt themselves to a new home but they will.Healthy cats seems to enjoy life and it´s never to late to try to catch your own tail.
I heard it´s not allowed to kill healthy animals in Netherlands, I wish it was that way in Sweden too.

I have 9 cats all of them have been homeless and for some of them it´s the first home they ever had.Feral cats can become social but it usually takes time and lots of good food.
It´s easier if you have a social cat at home that the feral cat can learn from.
I know I got to many feral cats at the same time and I haven´t spent as much time with them as I should.
But even if I can´t touch some of them they sleep with me and I enjoy how they are playing with their toys.
Maja was so fun, she passed me and I touched her in the back.She returned and sat in front of me looking at me.
I reached out my hand to her and she hit it gently with a paw and then walked away.
I wasn´t allowed to touch her and she had to remind me about it.

MIST;3164028 said:
Some think if older cats lose their owner they will never adapt themselves to a new home but they will.Healthy cats seems to enjoy life and it´s never to late to try to catch your own tail.
I heard it´s not allowed to kill healthy animals in Netherlands, I wish it was that way in Sweden too.

I have 9 cats all of them have been homeless and for some of them it´s the first home they ever had.Feral cats can become social but it usually takes time and lots of good food.
It´s easier if you have a social cat at home that the feral cat can learn from.
I know I got to many feral cats at the same time and I haven´t spent as much time with them as I should.
But even if I can´t touch some of them they sleep with me and I enjoy how they are playing with their toys.
Maja was so fun, she passed me and I touched her in the back.She returned and sat in front of me looking at me.
I reached out my hand to her and she hit it gently with a paw and then walked away.
I wasn´t allowed to touch her and she had to remind me about it.

Wow, nine cats! That's like my childhood dream, I wanted ten. I live in a city, so now I don't have the space for more cats. Maybe later when I'm old I can become a cat lady :lol: I admire you for caring so much about cats, even when they don't want to be touched. That's really selfless and sweet of you. I wish more people would care for animals likeyou do. I don't know if in the Netherlands healthy cats cannot be killed. I hope so. I do know hunters shoot wild ones in the woods, like they are a pest (with the excuse of them being bird killers - reversed logic if you ask me). There is an animal party in politics nowadays, so hopefully things will get better for cats and all other animals, esp. those mistreated (I count the cruel meat industry as well). Keep on doing what you're doing and make animal lives more valued and thus better :)

I´ve been temporary home for about 40 cats and kittens and didn´t expect from the beginning that so many of them would stay forever.But noone was interested to see them and they were comfortable with me and afraid for strangers so they stayed.
One of the cats(not feral) got a new home but she didn´t want to eat and she was hiding.She was happy to come home to me again and see her friends.She really missed her friends.

Unfortunately there are people who take in homeless cats but they don´t neuter them and soon they have 30 cats instead of 2 and it´s out of control.
Most of the time catshelters don´t have much place and don´t get much time to try to help before a kill-solution is chosen.

I suppose if there are laws about cats there are always some who don´t follow .We have a law that kittens shall be with their mothers until they are 12 weeks but some ,even on catforums ,don´t think it´s necessary for their cats.

For feral lovers
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaSgrDBd4Cw?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DaSgrDBd4Cw?fs=1&amp;hl=sv_SE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

^So cute!! Thank you for posting :) Sadly my own cats never lie like this together. They are at war always.

Some years ago I had 10 kittens in different ages, they came from 4 different places but they became friends.It was real entertainment to see them play with each other,I had no idea kittens could jump so high.I have taken care of kittens before, they sure was running and playing but not like that.Now and then my older cats came and told them that´s enough and hit them gently with a paw.They were sleeping together too but unfortunately I lost the pictures.
Now it happens that some of my cats sleeps together and some are not very happy to be together.
It was easier before when my old male cat was alive, he didn´t have to do something but the other cats knew he was in charge although other cats was younger and stronger than him.
But everyone was neutered otherwise it had been fightings.
He was black and white, skinny,loving, nice, a gentlecat and I could see some of my female,feral cats wanted to be near him.Not to close to bother him but close enough.
It was love,and I think he liked to be admired.

My boyfriend got us a new kitten! His mother is a bengal cross and his father is a ginger tom so he's a bit of mish mash. He's 11 weeks old and we've called him Simba. He's pretty special because he's our first pet together :)

As you can see from the picture, he took a liking to one of our many fedora's haha

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

spoonie;3253975 said:
My boyfriend got us a new kitten! His mother is a bengal cross and his father is a ginger tom so he's a bit of mish mash. He's 11 weeks old and we've called him Simba. He's pretty special because he's our first pet together :)

As you can see from the picture, he took a liking to one of our many fedora's haha

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

How cute.
I´m not sure about what ginger tom is but I think I´ve heard it´s a red cat.
Best wishes for you all.

MIST;3255470 said:
How cute.
I´m not sure about what ginger tom is but I think I´ve heard it´s a red cat.
Best wishes for you all.

A ginger tom is, like you said, a sort of red cat. The term "tom" just means male cat :)

Aww BillieJean84 nice videos of you and your cat :)

BillieJean84 How is Fancy?

Lainy, I´m sorry for your cat.It´s always sad to lose a friend

What are cats good for?
Here is a video made by a man who adopted 2 cats from a colony in Linköping

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/PrP7_W3zqSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Some translation
To my dear cats Max and Måns
I can´t with words explain my love for you, but I´ll try
8 paws around, make my heart feel good
In the hall you always are waiting,when I open the door
Welcome home
Thank you for having you in my life
With you I never have to be alone
Don´t know what I would do without you
I just want to hug you
Måns on the pillow every night is better then the biggest gift
Best of all alarmclock are you Max,every morning you know when it´s time
Time to wake up,look at my ,love me before you leave the bed
I don´t want to be without you one day
Your wellbeing is all I care for

More cats from a colony in Linköping.
People began to be concerned about them in dec 2009 and asked for help on a catforum.
Most of us already had many cats but you can help by giving money, some gave pads and blankets for temporary cathouses that were made.
29 cats/kittens have been trapped and no live in temporary or foreverhömes.Adult cats have been neutered and both adult cats and kittens have got their vaccines.
Some people always want to take advantage over people who wants to help but it has to be accounts in the threads and we can see the receipt from the veterinarians

Have you heard cats want to be alone?
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/O7y5jtF47wk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

There are no music for the videos but I think" Someone put your hand out" would be a good choice.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/dkwy256UBG8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Came across this just now:

CATS ADORE, MANIPULATE WOMEN
Cats attach to humans, and particularly women, as social partners, and it's not just for the sake of obtaining food.

The bond between cats and their owners turns out to be far more intense than imagined, especially for cat aficionado women and their affection reciprocating felines, suggests a new study.

Cats attach to humans, and particularly women, as social partners, and it's not just for the sake of obtaining food, according to the new research, which has been accepted for publication in the journal Behavioural Processes.

The study is the first to show in detail that the dynamics underlying cat-human relationships are nearly identical to human-only bonds, with cats sometimes even becoming a furry "child" in nurturing homes...

The researchers determined that cats and their owners strongly influenced each other, such that they were each often controlling the other's behaviors. Extroverted women with young, active cats enjoyed the greatest synchronicity, with cats in these relationships only having to use subtle cues, such as a single upright tail move, to signal desire for friendly contact...
While cats have plenty of male admirers, and vice versa, this study and others reveal that women tend to interact with their cats -- be they male or female felines -- more than men do.

"In response, the cats approach female owners more frequently, and initiate contact more frequently (such as jumping on laps) than they do with male owners," co-author Manuela Wedl of the University of Vienna told Discovery News, adding that "female owners have more intense relationships with their cats than do male owners."

Cats also seem to remember kindness and return the favors later. If owners comply with their feline's wishes to interact, then the cat will often comply with the owner's wishes at other times. The cat may also "have an edge in this negotiation," since owners are usually already motivated to establish social contact...
Although there are isolated instances of non-human animals, such as gorillas, bonding with other species, it seems to be mostly unique for humans to engage in social relationships with other animals. In this case with cats, it's for very good reason. Cats could very well be man's -- and woman's -- best friend.

"A relationship between a cat and a human can involve mutual attraction, personality compatibility, ease of interaction, play, affection and social support," co-author Dorothy Gracey of the University of Vienna explained. "A human and a cat can mutually develop complex ritualized interactions that show substantial mutual understanding of each other's inclinations and preferences...
http://news.discovery.com/animals/cats-humans-pets-relationships-110224.html

I do believe that there is a certain amount of telepathy that develops between my fur people and me. Sometimes I can be sitting there looking at one of them who is in turn looking at me, I'll ask: what do you want? And very soon something occurs to me and heypresto! turns out that's what she/he wanted.

Cat: purrfection in a fur coat.

cinzia;3271858 said:
Came across this just now:

CATS ADORE, MANIPULATE WOMEN
Cats attach to humans, and particularly women, as social partners, and it's not just for the sake of obtaining food.

The bond between cats and their owners turns out to be far more intense than imagined, especially for cat aficionado women and their affection reciprocating felines, suggests a new study.

Cats attach to humans, and particularly women, as social partners, and it's not just for the sake of obtaining food, according to the new research, which has been accepted for publication in the journal Behavioural Processes.

The study is the first to show in detail that the dynamics underlying cat-human relationships are nearly identical to human-only bonds, with cats sometimes even becoming a furry "child" in nurturing homes...

The researchers determined that cats and their owners strongly influenced each other, such that they were each often controlling the other's behaviors. Extroverted women with young, active cats enjoyed the greatest synchronicity, with cats in these relationships only having to use subtle cues, such as a single upright tail move, to signal desire for friendly contact...
While cats have plenty of male admirers, and vice versa, this study and others reveal that women tend to interact with their cats -- be they male or female felines -- more than men do.

"In response, the cats approach female owners more frequently, and initiate contact more frequently (such as jumping on laps) than they do with male owners," co-author Manuela Wedl of the University of Vienna told Discovery News, adding that "female owners have more intense relationships with their cats than do male owners."

Cats also seem to remember kindness and return the favors later. If owners comply with their feline's wishes to interact, then the cat will often comply with the owner's wishes at other times. The cat may also "have an edge in this negotiation," since owners are usually already motivated to establish social contact...
Although there are isolated instances of non-human animals, such as gorillas, bonding with other species, it seems to be mostly unique for humans to engage in social relationships with other animals. In this case with cats, it's for very good reason. Cats could very well be man's -- and woman's -- best friend.

"A relationship between a cat and a human can involve mutual attraction, personality compatibility, ease of interaction, play, affection and social support," co-author Dorothy Gracey of the University of Vienna explained. "A human and a cat can mutually develop complex ritualized interactions that show substantial mutual understanding of each other's inclinations and preferences...
http://news.discovery.com/animals/cats-humans-pets-relationships-110224.html

I do believe that there is a certain amount of telepathy that develops between my fur people and me. Sometimes I can be sitting there looking at one of them who is in turn looking at me, I'll ask: what do you want? And very soon something occurs to me and heypresto! turns out that's what she/he wanted.

Cat: purrfection in a fur coat.
It was interesting to read.
I can see on catforums that for some the cats are like children for them.
Sometimes it´s hard to persuade men to neuter their male cat-oh no he has to get his freedom etc- it seems like they believe something will happen to themselves too if the cat get neutered.

Yes indeedy! And sometimes it's even the veterinarians! When I lived in Italy, I wanted my cat to be spayed, the vet asked me did I want her ovaries removed, too? I asked what he meant and he said...well, this way she can still have her fun and not get pregnant! And this from an educated professional. Needless to say, the ovaries went along with her uterus.

I don´t think it´s fun for small female cats to be chased by 4-5 big male cats with only one thing in their mind

It´s not fun for a cat with small kittens to get pregnant again and then don´t have enough milk to feed her babies that are born-to save the unborn
It´s not fun to have an eye scratch out in a fight when 2 male cats fight about female cats
I want to show you a video again and some pictures are not pleasant to look at, but it´s reality.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rkP3U0K9vKo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I´ve seen pictures of cats before they have gotten help and after and it´s amazing how for example an infected eye can heal again after treatment.Sometimes an eye is destroyed and have to be removed but the cat can recover and be fine.

Last edited:
Back