Let's guess possible songs for the next album

What they should do is...

Dangerous 25. Original Album remastered. 1 cd of demos of album tracks. 1 cd of outtakes. Dangerous Tour release (not Bucharest). Documentary with tons of footage of MJ in the studio, commentary of people who worked on the album Teddy Riley, Bruce Swedien, Etc.

Then resign a new deal. (2017, another 7 year deal) and create a paid subscription type label.
With this, he Estate could release things like Concert Footage (Destiny 2nd Leg, Triumph, Victory,Bad Dangerous,HIStory) along with rehearsal footage for each. Release songs, demos, extended mixes, alternate takes, etc. More This is It footage. In the Studio Footage etc.

and while having the paid subscription collectors label, Still release "commercial" products.
Things like HIStory 25, Posthumous Albums (like Xscape) Invincible 25, etc.

Please only discuss about songs that could be on the next album of unreleased material ;)
We have other threads for everything else like contemporizing music or anniverary editions...

The point is to discuss about tracks you think will be included and if possible why.
Of course you can also post wish lists and comment the lists of others ;)

Somewhere In Time
Tragedy of a Cheerleader
Men In Black
Ekan Satyam (The One Truth)
Chicago 1945
Bottle Of Smoke
What's Your Life
California Grass
What About Us
and Hot Street

Ekan Satyam (The One Truth):
I'm not so interested in that song. I would like to see duets with worldwide stars.

What About Us:
The song is too close to the earth song. So it's very unlikely we will get that song on such an album. Maybe on Dangerous 25.

For the tracks of the 80s:
His voice was a bit different/higher in this time period. If the song matches good to the others i don't have a problem with it.

Last edited:
LNFSG is the ONLY song contemporized that is better then the demo. BTW Timbaland didn't touch that song...McClain did.

Again, opinions. In my opinion all contemporized songs are much better than the original versions (except A Place With No Name & Do You Know Where Your Children Are).

Timbaland did touch it. McClain's version sucks balls in my opinion. The worst contemporized version on the album. Timbaland's version of LNFSG is amazing and the reason why the song became such huge hit.

will.i.am wanted to release the song "I'm Dreaming" on his album #willpower in 2013 but the estate didn't allow it...

He said he has no idea if the song will be released in the future and we will see what happens with it.
Why the hell didn't they allowed it?! Are they stupid!?

No. Hold My Hand (2007), Best Of Joy (2008), Hollywood Tonight (some parts were recorded in 2007).

you sure that HT contains parts from 2007?
the demo that has leaked, is supposedly from 1999, afaik the bridge was re-done later but that wasnt included on the album.
any idea which parts "exactly" are from 2007? (sorry for asking, but iam obsessed with HT since its release :p)

Because they thought the time wasn't right (like with the 3 Queen tracks) and/or want to release the William songs on an MJ album, which makes perfect sense.

I only can imagine two reasons:

1. They want to release it on a MJ album like thiron said or

2. They just don't want the song released. According to will.i.am the music is different to Michaels other Songs. Maybe Michael sang different in this songs... What if they are scared because some people could think that this are also fake tracks?

Are we talking about songs released as left or contemporized versions? Personally I would like to see what they can do contemporizing Price Of Fame. Given the success of the MJ JT mix of LNFSG I would imagine we will be seeing (hearing) a few more duets next time to.

No they are very smart. Those songs are Michael Jackson songs co-produced by will.i.am, not will.i.am songs that features Michael Jackson vocals. Michael called Will not other way around! They worked on those songs to be released on Michael's new album, not Will's and that's how it should be. Those songs should be released on Michael Jackson album.

Also Will is a huge hypocrite! He refused to release the songs when the Estate wanted to release them on MICHAEL album, and now he wants to release them on his own project! How hypocritical is that?

Last edited:
Are we talking about songs released as left or contemporized versions? Personally I would like to see what they can do contemporizing Price Of Fame. Given the success of the MJ JT mix of LNFSG I would imagine we will be seeing (hearing) a few more duets next time to.
We are talking about songs that could be on the next album of unreleased material as contemporized songs and as originals.

The thread is here to guess those songs and i think they choose the songs for the album on how good they will sound contemporized.

Personally i can't imagine they will release Price Of Flame again ;)

you sure that HT contains parts from 2007?
the demo that has leaked, is supposedly from 1999, afaik the bridge was re-done later but that wasnt included on the album.
any idea which parts "exactly" are from 2007? (sorry for asking, but iam obsessed with HT since its release :p)

Me too! Hahaha. My favourite song! According to Joe Vogel (he tweeted it): The question was, Are Hollywood Tonight vocals from 1999 or 2007? And he replied "Both". Also he confirmed that Demo that leaked is the last version Michael worked on in 2008.

It is possible though that he just worked on the music in 2007-2008 (like he did with A Place With No Name) or maybe he re-recorded all vocals (like Best Of Joy) or he re-recorded just parts (like I Was The Loser). We can't possibly know. But one thing is for sure, he never recorded vocals for the bridge and the last verse.

Here’s my track list of 8 songs. I wrote to every song why I've chosen it. Some of the infos were allready posted by me or other users in this thread.

1. Lovley Way
According to Mark Ronson he produced the song for the "Michael" album but it didn't make the final cut.

2. I Was The Loser
The version that leaked (I Am A Loser) is only a demo before it became “I Was The Loser”. Many love the song (I’m not a fan of it) and Xscape showed that the estate don’t have any problems with releasing leaked tracks.

3. I'm Dreamin’/I’m Dreaming
One of the songs he worked on with will.i.am. In an interview in september of 2013 Will said that he wanted to put it on his album #willpower but the estate didn't allow that. Maybe they want to save it for a future Michael album?

4. If You Don’t Love Me
I don’t think i have to say much about the song. The only problem i have with the track is that I can’t imagine it beeing contemporized.

5. Throwing Your Life Away
Another song that was considered for "Michael" (produced by Neff-U). The track has complete vocals and Michael worked several times on it from 1988 to his death.

6. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Rodney Jerkins who produced the song was also part of the Xscape project. Fans are screaming for that song and would like to see rodney on the next project too. Why not reworking again a song, that original version he produced?

7. Man In Black/Men In Black
We know not much about it, but the song is expect to be great. Many fans are asking for “Man In Black” and the next album might be the last chance to release it.

8. (Bonus Track) Hot Fun In The Summertime
The song failed to make the Xscape album as a duet with D'Angelo, Mary J Blige and Questlove. Because it’s a posthumous duet i think they would only release it as a bonus track on a possible deluxe edition.

Now it's your turn. What do you think about it and what would you change (and why?).
Post your own lists if you want :)

Last edited:
Slave To The Rhythm;4043807 said:
Here’s my track list of 8 songs. I wrote to every song why I've chosen it. Some of the infos were allready posted by me or other users in this thread.

1. Lovley Way
According to Mark Ronson he produced the song for the "Michael" album but it didn't make the final cut.

2. I Was The Loser
The version that leaked (I Am A Loser) is only a demo before it became “I Was The Loser”. Many love the song (I’m not a fan of it) and Xscape showed that the estate don’t have any problems with releasing leaked tracks.

3. I'm Dreamin’/I’m Dreaming
One of the songs he worked on with will.i.am. In an interview in september of 2013 Will said that he wanted to put it on his album #willpower but the estate didn't allow that. Maybe they want to save it for a future Michael album?

4. If You Don’t Love Me
I don’t think i have to say much about the song. The only problem i have with the track is that I can’t imagine it beeing contemporized.

5. Throwing Your Life Away
Another song that was considered for "Michael" (produced by Neff-U). The track has complete vocals and Michael worked several times on it from 1988 to his death.

6. Can't Get Your Weight Off Of Me
Rodney Jerkins who produced the song was also part of the Xscape project. Fans are screaming for that song and would like to see rodney on the next project too. Why not reworking again a song, that original version he produced?

7. Man In Black/Men In Black
We know not much about it, but the song is expect to be great. Many fans are asking for “Man In Black” and the next album might be the last chance to release it.

8. (Bonus Track) Hot Fun In The Summertime
The song failed to make the Xscape album as a duet with D'Angelo, Mary J Blige and Questlove. Because it’s a posthumous duet i think they would only release it as a bonus track on a possible deluxe edition.

Now it's your turn. What do you think about it and what would you change (and why?).
Post your own lists if you want :)

Perfect.

No they are very smart. Those songs are Michael Jackson songs co-produced by will.i.am, not will.i.am songs that features Michael Jackson vocals. Michael called Will not other way around! They worked on those songs to be released on Michael's new album, not Will's and that's how it should be. Those songs should be released on Michael Jackson album.

Also Will is a huge hypocrite! He refused to release the songs when the Estate wanted to release them on MICHAEL album, and now he wants to release them on his own project! How hypocritical is that?

Will didn't want any of his and MJ's songs on any of Michael's albums, but he'll happily put them on his own albums to help his career along. What a douche bag

i wonder how 'throwing your life away' sounds like. and why they didn't use it yet.

As long as the next album has "Seeing Voices", I'll be a happy fan.

Although that might be because I just listened to the snippets and am in a hype mood right now, lol :D

I really want to hear Stop Throwin' Your Life Away ! I think if MJ came back to it so many times in his career it must be as complete as say Loving You. (I think all them songs on that piece of paper in 2009 are as complete as that)

Album Title: 'MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY'

Album Cover Photo: http://images6.fanpop.com/image/pho...oshoot-michael-jackson-35593445-1000-1513.jpg

Tracklist:
1. Shut Up & Dance
2. Men In Black
3. What More Can I Give (Solo Version)
4. Silent Spring/Throwin' Your Life Away (Final Mix)
5. Interlude: Classical Composition from 2009
6. Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
7. Hot Fun (In The Summer Time) Ft. Mary J. Blige & D'Angelo
8. Lovely Way
9. Buffalo Bill
10. Seeing Voices

That's a tracklisting i would adore, the solo version of What More Can I Give can be released as a CD Single with a studio featurette as a video download. Of course this won't be the last album, and i desire hearing the Will.I.Am/Other Neff-U Song's/Red One Song's/Brad Buxer Song's/Home Demo's/Near Complete Vocal takes & Michael Prince song's in the future.

Last edited:
Album Title: 'MICHAEL JACKSON LEGACY'

Tracklist:
1. Intro: The Sound Of The Deserts (40 Second Edit)
2. Shut Up & Dance
3. Men In Black
4. What More Can I Give (Solo Version)
5. Silent Spring/Throwin' Your Life Away (Final Mix)
6. Interlude: Classical Composition from 2009
7. Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
8. Hot Fun (In The Summer Time) Ft. Mary J. Blige & D'Angelo
9. Lovely Way
10. Buffalo Bill
11. Seeing Voices
12. Outro: The Sound Of The Storms (40 second Edit)

That's a tracklisting i would adore, the solo version of What More Can I Give can be released as a CD Single with a studio featurette as a video download. Of course this won't be the last album, and i desire hearing the Will.I.Am/Other Neff-U Song's/Red One Song's/Brad Buxer Song's/Home Demo's/Near Complete Vocal takes & Michael Prince song's in the future.

Hey Zakk, here are my thought to your list and also some questions ;)

Intro/Outro:
If you play the songs random you always have the intro and outro between the other songs. I like the idea of contemporizing songs, but not including "tracks" that are created completely without Michael like intros/outros... ;)

Shup Up And Dance:
It's said that this one is a great dance track. But unfortunately the song doesn't have complete vocals. Maybe they could release it as a duet with someone like JT.

Interlude (Classical Composition from 2009):
I'd like to hear those songs but not on such an album more as a own project ;)

Silent Spring/Throwing Your Life Away:
Is Silent Spring an alternative titel? I'm pretty sure we'll get that one in the future.

Buffalo Bill:
The song was recorded for Victory so it's very old. Did he ever reworked it??

What More Can I Give:
I don't think the song has hit potential tbh. I like the version with all the artists. But in my opinion they shouldn't release it now on a Michael album.

Thank you for sharing your wish list with us. I'm sry that i had to criticize a few tracks :)

Hey Zakk, here are my thought to your list and also some questions ;)

Intro/Outro:
If you play the songs random you always have the intro and outro between the other songs. I like the idea of contemporizing songs, but not including "tracks" that are created completely without Michael like intros/outros... ;)

Shup Up And Dance:
It's said that this one is a great dance track. But unfortunately the song doesn't have complete vocals. Maybe they could release it as a duet with someone like JT.

Interlude (Classical Composition from 2009):
I'd like to hear those songs but not on such an album more as a own project ;)

Silent Spring/Throwing Your Life Away:
Is Silent Spring an alternative titel? I'm pretty sure we'll get that one in the future.

Buffalo Bill:
The song was recorded for Victory so it's very old. Did he ever reworked it??

What More Can I Give:
I don't think the song has hit potential tbh. I like the version with all the artists. But in my opinion they shouldn't release it now on a Michael album.

Thank you for sharing your wish list with us. I'm sry that i had to criticize a few tracks :)

Doesn't matter if an intro and outro of an album is created completely without Michael, it's just an idea to make it more theatrical! Silent Spring is a completely different song to 'Throwin' Your Life Away' both song's could be incredible, which is why i wrote them both. 'Shut Up & Dance' we don't know how complete it really is, Michael originally worked on it in the Invincible sessions i believe and he worked on it prior to his passing. If it is half or merely unfinished, they should bring in Pharrell Williams to be a duet partner! there styles would be a wonderful marriage (in a music way). The interlude, i think should be there.. the last instrumental that was ever sent to Michael was played on a youtube clip and sounds incredible.. perfect for an interlude, plus a classical album could easily include the classical vocal recording confirmed by Janet in 1993. Buffalo Bill: well, this title has been around for a long time! yes it was worked on in 1984/5 but we've had a Thriller era track on both Posthumous albums up to now, and i think this could be a great addition to the tracklist. What More Can I Give: i know this track was originally worked on by an all star cast in 2001 for the twin towers tragedy in New York. But it is well known that Michael recorded a solo version, as a guide for the guest vocalists. I believe it has a lot of potential, and it is the Charity Anthem that the next album (imo) will need.

Doesn't matter if an intro and outro of an album is created completely without Michael, it's just an idea to make it more theatrical! Silent Spring is a completely different song to 'Throwin' Your Life Away' both song's could be incredible, which is why i wrote them both. 'Shut Up & Dance' we don't know how complete it really is, Michael originally worked on it in the Invincible sessions i believe and he worked on it prior to his passing. If it is half or merely unfinished, they should bring in Pharrell Williams to be a duet partner! there styles would be a wonderful marriage (in a music way). The interlude, i think should be there.. the last instrumental that was ever sent to Michael was played on a youtube clip and sounds incredible.. perfect for an interlude, plus a classical album could easily include the classical vocal recording confirmed by Janet in 1993. Buffalo Bill: well, this title has been around for a long time! yes it was worked on in 1984/5 but we've had a Thriller era track on both Posthumous albums up to now, and i think this could be a great addition to the tracklist. What More Can I Give: i know this track was originally worked on by an all star cast in 2001 for the twin towers tragedy in New York. But it is well known that Michael recorded a solo version, as a guide for the guest vocalists. I believe it has a lot of potential, and it is the Charity Anthem that the next album (imo) will need.

I think you understood me a bit wrong :)
Or maybe i didn't say exactly what i wanted to say.

I meant when you play the whole album in a "random Modus" then you would have 40 sec. Intro and outro between the songs and i just said that i wouldn't like that because i want to listen to Michaels songs without such "breaks" ;)

I agree with you about Buffalo Bill if it's good why not.

The Problem i have with the classic song is that not everybody like classic music. Yeah some fans would like to hear it but no way the public would like to have a classic song on a pop music album (my opinion).

And i know that a solo version of What More Can I Give exists but i can't imagine it beeing a hit ;) i think i don't have to like every song he did as much as others. Also the song was sung live by him and so it's not "new" for me :)

Pharrell on Shut Up and dance would be great ;) i would prefer this to Hot Fun In The Summertime

Last edited:
Shut Up And Dance

A great dance track Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and MJ circa Bad.
Joe Vogel: “I don’t think we’ll get “Shut Up and Dance” as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.” Too bad…it’s a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-7
Are the vocals at least as complete at the ones on “In The Back”?
Joe Vogel: “Unfortunately, no, it’s not as complete. “In the Back” had at least scatting through every part of the song.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-12

Maybe someone could contact him via twitter. I would love to know if there is a possibility the could release it as a duet like they wanted to do it with Hot Fun In The Summertime. ;)
http://twitter.com/JoeVogel1

Slave To The Rhythm;4044496 said:
Shut Up And Dance

A great dance track Jackson and Buxer worked on with Michael Prince and Eric Kirkland with echoes of Stevie Wonder and MJ circa Bad.
Joe Vogel: “I don’t think we’ll get “Shut Up and Dance” as an official release. The music is perfect, but sadly, it was one of those tracks Michael and others just figured they could lay down vocals for once the new album was closer to completion. The vocals aren’t even as complete as “Hollywood.” Too bad…it’s a killer dance track. Would have likely been the lead single on Invincible.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-7
Are the vocals at least as complete at the ones on “In The Back”?
Joe Vogel: “Unfortunately, no, it’s not as complete. “In the Back” had at least scatting through every part of the song.”
http://www.joevogel.net/exclusive-inside-michael-jacksons-hollywood#comment-12

Maybe someone could contact him via twitter. I would love to know if there is a possibility the could release it as a duet like they wanted to do it with Hot Fun In The Summertime. ;)
http://twitter.com/JoeVogel1

they should use that song as an outro then for the next album or so...
if it has 10% vocals, a duet would be senseless too.

they should use that song as an outro then for the next album or so...
if it has 10% vocals, a duet would be senseless too.

If he recorded a full verse than it could work. I'm not sure how Joe meant it. He said first it had less vocals than "Hollywood" in an article about "Hollywood Tonight" so i guess he meant the same song... Than he said that "In The Back" had at least scatting through every part of the song. Maybe that means he only sung a full verse but it could also mean that he not even recorded vocals but just ideas of how it could sound like in he did it in "In The Back". I would really like to know that. Is here anyone with twitter who could ask him about more information about "Shut Up And Dance" and if he recorded a full verse so that it would be possible to release it as a duet? :) I would be really grateful.

I feel like a really, really bad fan right now. :no: How come I've never come across She got it before?!? Listening to it now. It's :censored:awesome!!! :woohoo::woohoo:

From the leaked songs I would love to hear (both contemporized and original versions of) Hot Street, If You Don't Love Me, She Got It, I Am A Loser & People Of The World (with all star guests - something like What More Can I Give) + 3 brand new never before heard songs.

I feel like a really, really bad fan right now. :no: How come I've never come across She got it before?!? Listening to it now. It's :censored:awesome!!! :woohoo::woohoo:
Another Dangerous outtake that they wanted to release on the cancelled Bonus Disc of 2001. So it's very likely in consideration for Dangerous 25 ;)

Last edited:
Back