Battle of the Album Closers - Which is best?

Which is the best closing track?

• Total voters
To be fair, Is It Scary doesn't exactly close the album. It does for most listeners, though, lol. Threatened gets my vote!

Smooth criminal should be listed too. It's definitely dangerous for me.

This! When I was a kid I just had the tape so my Bad album ended with Smooth Criminal!

Dangerous has to be the one for me though. Just perfect.

Yeah, Smooth Criminal is the real last track on Bad. Leave Me Alone was a bonus track and wasn't it only added AFTER the album had already been released?

Yeah, Smooth Criminal is the real last track on Bad. Leave Me Alone was a bonus track and wasn't it only added AFTER the album had already been released?

Yeah pretty much only on the CD version. I think the only non CD version Leave Me Alone is on is the BAD25 vinyl

It is rather unusual for two consecutive tracks to close in an (almost) identical way. This happens with the first two songs from the ‘Dangerous’ album (‘Jam’, 'Why you wanna Trip on me’).

I suppose MJ wanted to express emphatically his anger/despair.

It's a very difficult choice. I was torn between TLIML, LMA, Dangerous, Is It Scary and Threatened. LOL. :D At the end I voted for Threatened.

This! When I was a kid I just had the tape so my Bad album ended with Smooth Criminal!

Yeah, I had the cassette tape as well and it ended with Smooth Criminal. I think I only learnt about LMA when it was released as a single.

I bought the vinyl in '87 and it has Leave Me Alone at the end...

I immediately thought of Smile, but oh, how I love Dangerous, LIML, and Threatened. I can never choose a favorite. :blush:

Surprised that Leave Me Alone has so few votes. I think it's absolutely brilliant, especially the vocal harmony on the chorus.

It's a tough one but...I think Leave Me Alone. I hope I'm not being unduly influenced by the fact that it has one of my favorite short films.

Threatened comes in second. I know this sounds silly but that sound of stone grinding against stone, like a lid being slid off the top of a tomb, just pleases me so much - I can't get enough of it! Of course that's not the only reason I love the song.:D

Dangerous third. I do love it but to me there seems to be something missing, as if it's 99% there and just 1% from being perfect.

And please don't throw rocks at me and banish me from the forum but I have to admit that I don't like Smile...*runs and hides*

HAHAHA! I don't like Childhood *runs and hides with you*

I always liked Smile. I had to warm to Childhood, I'm not crazy about it still, but it's OK now. What I don't like however that everyone else seems to like is Speechless. Now it's my turn to run and hide. LOL.

I always liked Smile. I had to warm to Childhood, I'm not crazy about it still, but it's OK now. What I don't like however that everyone else seems to like is Speechless. Now it's my turn to run and hide. LOL.

Hah! Oh boy ... Well we'll run together and do that re-listening to songs we don't like together mentioned in another thread :)

Since everybody is doing "True Confessions", I will say I do not like and never have liked "Dangerous." Bring on the pitchforks and torches-

Wow, barbee! Dangerous is one of my favorites, especially performed live. I agree with respect up there about Childhood, I still tend to skip over it...but not always.

Wow, barbee! Dangerous is one of my favorites, especially performed live.
Oh, I know. I think 99% of Michael's fan base today think Dangerous is even better than sliced bread. That's why I don't usually comment on songs on that album.

I DO think it's a great dance routine-esp. the time he performed it in the white shirt. But not really the song itself. Just my personal opinion tho.

And please don't throw rocks at me and banish me from the forum but I have to admit that I don't like Smile...*runs and hides*

HAHAHA! I don't like Childhood *runs and hides with you*

What I don't like however that everyone else seems to like is Speechless. Now it's my turn to run and hide. LOL.

Oops, I kinda agree with all of these :ph34r: I can't get used to Michael's version of Smile for some reason, never liked Childhood - the recording footage is amazing but I still don't really like the song. I like Speechless a little better, but it's also one of my least played songs.. Sorry Michael! Oh well!:lol:

As for the poll, I really can't choose between TLIML & LMA..!

You guys are funny with all your little revelations lol. If it's confessions time I might as well make mine - for the life of me I cannot get people's fixation with Billie Jean. Ok, it's got a nice beat to it, but still I don't get what's the big deal about it. I don't think the lyrics are all that brilliant either *ducks*

As for the thread here........I don't think it will come as surprise to anyone that the resident kink which I are couldn't have chosen anything else other than....Threatened :p Oh wait, I did go with that Thriller ending after all :cheeky:

Last edited:
Dangerous! the last few minutes of nothing but percussion and Michael breathing and grunting >>>>>> life

You guys are funny with all your little revelations lol. If it's confessions time I might as well make mine - for the life of me I cannot get people's fixation with Billie Jean. Ok, it's got a nice beat to it, but still I don't get what's the big deal about it. I don't think the lyrics are all that brilliant either *ducks*
I just had a heart attack.:dropdead:

Back