Misheard MJ lyrics

The innocent me for many years heard as first line of Bad "Your bird is mine" :innocent:
Actually there are still days I could swear that's what he sings :rofl:

According to my mother she confused the lyrics of, "Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough." She thought he said, "keep on with the post office." :chillin:

Lovely One - Walkin' down the street so pretty

Walkin' down the streets of Philly' (as in Philadelphia)

I thought this was funny:
Misheard Lyrics:
She said, 'I have to go home
'Cause I'm retired, you see?'
Original Lyrics:
She said, 'I have to go home
'Cause I'm real tired, you see?'

I'm laughing so hard of what you're writing here! And I have to share some childhood memories from when Dangerous came out. Me and my brother had just started to learn english, and we danced around in the living room listening to Jam, and really thougth Michael was singing about (strawberry) jam.
And also: Can you feel it. In the chorus Michael sings "I feel it in the bones" and I heard "I feel it in my balls"...

oh yeah, most definitely. since english is not my first language, I wouldn't only hear other words, instead of the actual ones. I've heard things that aren't even words in any language :lol: well, I doubt they are anyway

Last edited:
I thought the lyric 'You cannot cleave it' in 'In The Closet' was actually 'You've got much cleavage'. :lol:

Lmao. "She wants to give in"
When it's "she wants to get it" i sung that song 12years of my life wrong (25 now) & 1day i said to myself, wtf does that mean & i listed to the original vinyl with my diamond monster headphones & fell bk n awwwd...ain't that a bihh

Lol oh yea. "Take away this never never ending sorrow,TAKE THIS LONELY DEMON FROM MY SOUL"
kmmfsl. It wasn't until that acapella leaked & I hear "TAKE THIS LONELY FEELIN FROM MY SOUL"
he put alot of emphasis on his words...then i went bk & listened to can you feel it & he pronounced it the exact same way. If u go bk & listen to the intro. Thinking about it u can hear him over everyone saying 'feel it'....he pronounces it as filling so that's why i got thru off lol

The innocent me for many years heard as first line of Bad "Your bird is mine" :innocent:
Actually there are still days I could swear that's what he sings :rofl:
Lol i always thought abt Marijuana. Yo bud is mine. Mj taking thier weed

^^I like the way Michael pronounces "feel" like "fill". Like how he pronounces "girl" like "gurrrl". :)

Oh, and this: (MITM) A widow (willow) deeply scared, somebody's broken heart, and I won't stop dream (a washed out dream) They swallow each other and going messy!!! (they follow the pattern of the wind, ya' see) 'cause they' ve got no place to be... *oh, I'm sooooo embarrased right now*

I just cant stop loving you i always thought he sang
Heavens Conniticane instead of heavens glad you came

The misheard MJ lyrics thread

I'm sure we're all guilty of this; so what are some of Michael's lyrics that you've misheard?

My one is; during the end of "Earth Song," MJ sings "what about yesterday?" I always thought he said "what about aftershave?" :blink:
And not mine personally, but my cousin heard " Whatzupwitu" and got "McDonald's" from the chorus. I don't even know how.

I look forward to reading yours! :D

Major Edit: I did not realise there was already a thread about this; clearly, I do not know how to use the search option :doh:

Last edited:
4121997_700b.jpg

It kind of sounds like it. :D

Alright so on DSTYGE when I was little I used to hear "Keep on, we're the Flintstones! Don't stop til you get enough!" I don't even know.

I was watching live at Wembley 88 with my dad, and when MJ was singing Another Part Of Me, my dad thought he said "I'm sending out a meatloaf" and then he says Michael was a nice fella wasn't he.

She Drives Me Wild:
"She's got that, she wanna know f***tion

I am so happy someone else finally heard that too haha

I loved how m would be so precise in pronouncing his words that sometimes it would turn out to be jacksonnese haha it was one of the best things about him , his voice so unique and remember able and also in fan fiction i would make sure i would try to get it as right as possible. as Barbee said "fill" that precise pronnuction was so true of michael .
I loved michaels voice and accent and the pattern of how he talked , sung, ...lyrically expressed so much.

As a kid I liked the song "Stay, Stay, Stay" when it played on the radio. ("Say, Say, Say", of course lol)

I always thought at the start, Smooth criminal had the line "Ennie are you walking Ennie" instead of Annie are you okay, are you okay Annie".
The funniest is that Malaysian Idol Michael Jackson imitator.

"Billy Jing I squash the sheen,
I shave the mumma with ice cream be the one
Who can dance, who will sing in the sun
people always tell me, dont go around breaking young girls sun
Billy Jing is not my glove
She just a girl who says I am the one
"HEEEEHHHHH!!! HEEEEEHHHHHH!!!"

I always thought he said "Just look over your shoulder, honey !" in "I'll Be There", until I heard and read "Just look over your shoulders, honey !" in the great and new Busta Rhymes (featuring Kendrick Lamar) song/music video called "Look Over Your Shoulder". Thank you, Busta ! :)

In the Remember The Time video... when the flame throwing guy is introduced...

Since 1992 I always heard Magic Johnson shouting "Priscilly Pyyyrooo"?
(Like a male version of the name Priscilla. If that even exists. lol)

But is it actually "presen(t)iiing Pyyyrooo"?

I'm still not sure. :D
Anyone?

Last edited:

Anyone?

You're right. He said it like you wrote it. English is not my first language either. In America, it sounds like they don't like the letter "t'" sometimes. :p

Anyone?
Presenting pyro

LOL! i'm glad a thread like this exist. i'm sure i'm not the only one who doesn't always understand some words michael said in his songs. :laughing: his soft squeaky iconic voice. :D

Back