Let's guess possible songs for the next album

I don't think its true. T-Pain supposedly met Michael, but all they did was eating tacos and MJ asking T-Pain to remix PYT.

soruces:
http://www.mtv.com/news/1652003/t-pain-says-michael-jackson-asked-him-to-rework-pyt/

http://www.hiphopdx.com/index/edito...el-jackson-duet-stories-from-his-biggest-hits

template.jpg

I'd guess we would be getting Can't Get Your Weight Off of Me in the semi near future...
my guess is the reason why a snippet was leaked a while back was it was considered for Xscape and brought out of the vault..

I would say we are years away from a album with new material. Hopefully it will be tastefully produced unlike the first 2 posthumous album.

I would say we are years away from a album with new material.

Their contract expires in 2017 so I don't think it will be years. I say late 2016 or early 2017.

Hopefully it will be tastefully produced unlike the first 2 posthumous album.

I guess what tastefully is is up to taste. I think Xscape was very tastefully produced.

Off The Wall 2015, Dangerous 25, duets/the final years (2002-2009) album & something similar to 'The Ultimate Collection' with demos such as Hot Fever/Chicago 1945 etc. & perhaps a concert Blu-Ray + 'Inside The Studio' documentary would be insane.

What will happen after the contract expires in 2017?

They'll probably sign another long term deal with Sony. But maybe they decide to go separate ways, maybe some other record label. Very unlikely, but still possible.

Wow 4 is more than enough, if they do it right. They can definitely squeeze in a blu ray concert out of the 4 releases. 2016 will be an interesting year nonetheless.

4 projects in just 2 years? That seems a lot.... The only thing that I want to happen is Dangerous 25 (including studio footage) and a new posthumous album. I really hope that these 2 will happen. :smilerolleyes:

They'll probably sign another long term deal with Sony. But maybe they decide to go separate ways, maybe some other record label. Very unlikely, but still possible.

I wonder IF they will switch to another record label if things will get better for the Estate. Sony is just a money monster. They only care about the money.

4 projects sounds like a lot in 2 years, but we have no idea what the total 4 would consist of.. 1 project might be so small we're like "ohhh, that's one of them?" lol

I wonder IF they will switch to another record label if things will get better for the Estate. Sony is just a money monster. They only care about the money.

They should join up with Warner Bros./Universal Music Group, and release the BAD Tour on Blu-Ray.. later should come the short films in high definition, several unreleased outtakes/demo's of LP tracks etc.! they can also create the re-birth of 'Kingdom Entertainment' and release the HIStory Tour 1996 + Ghosts on Blu-Ray etc.! maybe even join forces with Disney, release Captain EO in cinemas worldwide then later a Blu-Ray release with a behind the scenes documentary.

They should join up with Warner Bros./Universal Music Group, and release the BAD Tour on Blu-Ray.. later should come the short films in high definition, several unreleased outtakes/demo's of LP tracks etc.! they can also create the re-birth of 'Kingdom Entertainment' and release the HIStory Tour 1996 + Ghosts on Blu-Ray etc.! maybe even join forces with Disney, release Captain EO in cinemas worldwide then later a Blu-Ray release with a behind the scenes documentary.

As good as this sounds, these will never ever ever ever happen

I don't know what counts as projects but would OTW rerelease with demos and a documentary count as 2? Or would the entire OTW project count as 1?

They could re build Kingdom Entertainment under the SONY umbrella. I don't see the estate ever leaving SONY because the ties go deeper than just MJ music. And we can say Sony is a money monster but Universal is even a bigger money monster.. We just don't ever pay attention cuz it's not MJ related... Universal is around a 7 billion dollar business for a reason. Sony Music (give or take) is around 5 Billion...

And as much as I wonder how it would be like for the product MJ to move to Universal, there is Sony/ATV we need to consider.. Sony wont let go of MJ product very easily and if they hypothetically did leave and keep half of Sony/ATV It would be only a matter of time before Sony finds a way to hold it hostage in ways..

These expectations are much too high and are incredibly unrealistic. The Bad tour and short films should undoubtedly happen sooner rather than later, but everything else will cost too much and/or won't make it back.

And if a History tour must happen it should be as low key as humanly possible. Give no attention to it and let it die. But that's just me.

I've said it before and I'll keep saying it until people understand - a big reason some of us are let down by the estate is because we're going in with expectations like this, ridiculous and improbable. They don't have nearly half of what some of us think they do, and they won't waste the money to put out projects like listed above because they won't make enough money to cover its budget.

I don't know what counts as projects but would OTW rerelease with demos and a documentary count as 2? Or would the entire OTW project count as 1?

1. Bad25 and Bad25 documentary was counted as 1 project. But this new Spike Lee OTW documentary is not Estate's project, it's Spike's independent film.

^^ The Off the Wall documentary is most certainly an estate project.

There is no "new" material included in the new anniversary edition of Off The Wall. I know there aren't many songs from that time period that can be released. But maybe they safe one for the next project??

As far as i know there are no news concerning the will.I.am or Red One songs. Or did i miss something?
We're getting closer to 2017. Closer to the end of the contract...

Ok, AGAIN,.. If you were to go watch the 1993 Deposition in court, MJ is REMINDED OF 20+ songs we still have not heard any of....
Now if the mj estate was smart, what they should do is include raw demos on the next real album release as an INTERLUDE, LIKE JANET DOES in between songs.... just so we can hear him THINKING OUT LOUD..

I'm wondering... When the contract with Sony ends, can the Estate sign a new contract with a new record company? Maybe a new record company does things better than Sony.

Back