Suicide Squad (2016)

For those who may see the film before me and decide to share spoilers, just a little reminder: Put a SPOILER ALERT warning. Don't be an a**hole. Be considerate to others who aren't fortunate to see the film right away like you do. So with that said, carry on.

the crap is gettin trashed by critics:rofl: now 31% on rotten tomatoes, Dcu is now 0-3 after Mos and Bvs fails. love it:rofl: its so bad multiple critics and even Dc fanboys are saying its on the same shit level of Green lantern and fant4stic:rofl: And no lame excuses like studio interference, wait for the directors cut, etc:rolleyes:

the crap is gettin trashed by critics:rofl: now 31% on rotten tomatoes, Dcu is now 0-3 after Mos and Bvs fails. love it:rofl: its so bad multiple critics and even Dc fanboys are saying its on the same shit level of Green lantern and fant4stic:rofl: And no lame excuses like studio interference, wait for the directors cut, etc:rolleyes:

Yuuuuuuuuuuuup it's getting hammered alright. But it makes no difference to me I've seen films that had 5 star rating and really bored me to bits. I plan to watch all the DC superhero films, and I can because I got free vouchers for my b'day.:dancin: so I'm set (y)

Do you enjoy being a douchebag or something? Those ppl comparing it to GL are clearly more insane than I thought. If you celebrate ppl not liking a movie and are rooting for it to fail, not only do you show how really pathetic you are but also shows you need to get something better going with your life. Oh and btw the cut that will be in the theaters is Ayer's vision which he had to fight for to get. Ayer himself said it. This isn't the situation that happened with BvS. Another thing, there are films that critics don't like that audiences like more. X-MEN: APOCALYPSE had mixed to negative reviews and I thought the film was great and much better than they're saying. I'm not one of those "critics don't matter" ppl but there are times where I don't agree with them. Like the fact that GHOSTBUSTERS (2016) is around 70% and I don't agree with them. While I don't think the film was bad but didn't think it was good either.

Last edited:
I plan to watch this on Monday......I have day off from work, and I'm spending it at the movies and then post my review :ciao:

Do you enjoy being a douchebag or something? Those ppl comparing it to GL are clearly more insane than I thought. If you celebrate ppl not liking a movie and are rooting for it to fail, not only do you show how really pathetic you are but also shows you need to get something better going with your life. Oh and btw the cut that will be in the theaters is Ayer's vision which he had to fight for to get. Ayer himself said it. This isn't the situation that happened with BvS. Another thing, there are films that critics don't like that audiences like more. X-MEN: APOCALYPSE had mixed to negative reviews and I thought the film was great and much better than they're saying. I'm not one of those "critics don't matter" ppl but there are times where I don't agree with them. Like the fact that GHOSTBUSTERS (2016) is around 70% and I don't agree with them. While I don't think the film was bad but didn't think it was good either.
the butthurt is strong with this one:rofl: you sound like a stan and/or studio shill who wants folks to see this crap no matter what. Update: its at 28% on rotten tomatoes. its not just critics but even fanboys trashing this. its pure rubbish, false starts, overuse of flashbacks, zero character development except one or two, continuity errors, poor editing, obvious reshoots. this crap needs to be attacked word of mouth to hurt it as much as possible at the box office, maybe warner will make a decent film then. i forgot to mention the joker has a only a couple of lines here and there so false advertising. leto cant hold a candle to nicholson or ledger

the butthurt is strong with this one:rofl: you sound like a stan and/or studio shill who wants folks to see this crap no matter what. Update: its at 28% on rotten tomatoes. its not just critics but even fanboys trashing this. its pure rubbish, false starts, overuse of flashbacks, zero character development except one or two, continuity errors, poor editing, obvious reshoots. this crap needs to be attacked word of mouth to hurt it as much as possible at the box office, maybe warner will make a decent film then. i forgot to mention the joker has a only a couple of lines here and there so false advertising. leto cant hold a candle to nicholson or ledger
Translation of your entire post: "yes i'm a douche and foolishly want to see a film fail". You're pathetic.

Last edited:
Spoilers!

I just saw this and it was entertaining. Harley Quinn and Joker were really good and I liked everything they did. They were perfectly cast. I wish there was more Joker and the scene with the grenade that was seen in the trailers was cut for some reason. That annoyed me. I liked those two characters but otherwise the movie wasn't very good. The story is really flat and many times it felt like there wasn't any meaningful story at all. Also it felt like they wanted me to care when June Moone/Enchantress survived at the end. It was hard to care because I didn't know her. There should have been more scenes with her when she was normal and I would have chosen a different actor to play her. DC really needs a good movie for their cinematic universe. This isn't looking good.

2/5

Spoilers!

Last edited:
Full of SPOILERS!

The general consensus is that Margo Robbie and Jared Leto are the best of the movie. The movie was poorly edited, quite chopped.

Spoiler videos
(General Consensus is there's a weird disconnect between Critics and audiences on this film. Critics may dislike it, but audiences are loving it.) Unlike BvS, it looks like SS is critic proof and is estimated to make $145-$150 Million over 3 day weekend making it the top opening of all time for an August release!!! http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...150-million-weekend-917819?utm_source=twitter

Went to see it and while it wasn't perfect, I really enjoyed it. Harley Quinn stole the show. Perfect casting there. I wasn't much of a fan of Jared Leto's Joker though.

Critics may dislike it, but audiences are loving it.) Unlike BvS, it looks like SS is critic proof and is estimated to make $145-$150 Million over 3 day weekend making it the top opening of all time for an August release!!!

It can drop. It was just released so it can change. I have seen many people liking it and disliking it. Also many critics can be fans too

I agree with Chris Stuckmann:

Last edited:
It can drop. It was just released so it can change. I have seen many people liking it and disliking it. Also many critics can be fans too

I agree with Chris Stuckmann:
You go ahead and agree with stuckmann. I'll agree with Jeremy Jahns. Go look at the audience rating compared to the critic rating on Rotten Tomatoes. HUGE disconnect there. Go enjoy Marvel Studios since they can do "anything" and are "perfect". Btw SS targeted $135M--the BEST domestic August debut in the history of the box office universe. Will Smith had career choices. Now in only TWO days, Suicide Squad has grossed more than entire run of Independence Day sequel. In ONE weekend, the film has surpassed JASON BOURNE, STAR TREK BEYOND, GHOSTBUSTERS & THE LEGEND OF TARZAN. That opening is no joke for mostly unknown characters. $270 Million worldwide is a bonafide success. Even if it does have a drop off in its second weekend, it's already assured to be a financial success.

Last edited:
Go enjoy Marvel Studios since they can do "anything" and are "perfect"

I don't think they are perfect. For example I enjoyed Civil War but I have no desire to watch it again right now. Some are great like Iron Man 1, The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Others were ok but Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 were bad. But Marvel does something better because I haven't really liked any of these new DC movies. Man of Steel was alright. I really wanted to like Suicide Squad.

Last edited:
I don't think they are perfect. For example I enjoyed Civil War but I have no desire to watch it again right now. Some are great like Iron Man 1, The Avengers, Winter Soldier, Ant-Man and Guardians of the Galaxy. Others were ok but Hulk, Iron Man 2 and Thor 2 were bad. But Marvel does something better because I haven't really liked any of these new DC movies. Man of Steel was alright. I really wanted to like Suicide Squad.
Do you point out how the MCU have had many weak villains? Loki is the ONLY great villain they've had up to now. The ONLY films I think are great from the MCU are IRON MAN, THE AVENGERS, WINTER SOLDIER, GUARDIANS, AGE OF ULTRON & CIVIL WAR. The other MCU films, not so much. I hope and am rooting for the russo bros to make a compelling villain out of Thanos since this is what the MCU has been building up to until they move forward from there. Unlike you, while none of the DCEU films are flawless so far, but i've enjoyed all 3 of them. Next summer, the Geoff Johns era begins with WONDER WOMAN (which he co-wrote the script) next summer and fans of DC are over the moon that he will have more involvement with the DCEU. Many of them trust him. Also unlike you, ppl are digging the Trailer for WW & the sizzle reel of JL.

Last edited:
Do you point out how the MCU have had many weak villains? Loki is the ONLY great villain they've had up to now. The ONLY films I think are great from the MCU are IRON MAN, THE AVENGERS, WINTER SOLDIER, GUARDIANS, AGE OF ULTRON & CIVIL WAR. The other MCU films, not so much.

You are right about the villians. I like Loki and Red Skull but I had hard time remembering who the other villians even were. :D

I enjoyed the movie, CGI was kind of bad but it was a good movie. gave me hope for DC movies again..

MUCH better than Batman vs Superman - though I heard directors cut is better than theatrical!

I enjoyed the movie, CGI was kind of bad but it was a good movie. gave me hope for DC movies again..

MUCH better than Batman v Superman - though I heard directors cut is better than theatrical!
Well the Ultimate Edition was supposed to be the theatrical cut but WB were nervous about releasing a 3 hour film. Snyder's vision was butchered. Yes the Ultimate Edition got positive reception cus the 30 mins added back in help the film to make more sense, rearrangement of scenes help the film to flow better and gives the film substance and depth. It's still not flawless BUT it's the true version we deserved. Ppl who hated the film have now flipped their opinions to liking it. Check it out for sure.

I've just seen the film and on the plus side I have to say it I prefer this film to Batman Vs Superman, not once did I look at my watch (usually when I do that in a movie theatre that means I'm losing interest in what I'm watching). Margot Robbie is a scream as Harley Quinn, she should get her own film with the Joker....like a Bonnie & Clyde type of film. Is Jarad Leto better than Heath Ledger as the Joker? The answer is No, but he made the role his own, with the amount of time he had on the screen. But the stand out for me was Viola Davis as Amanda Waller....she is a cold hearted bad ass and the real villain of the film. I think she is an amazing actress (How To Get Away With Murder? is one of my fav shows......give her another Emmy Now!) Everyone else was solid as well. The only negative for me was the overuse of songs in nearly every scene, and a cliché ending. I would like liked so see the Squad join forces with the Enchantress and that would have been a cool cliff hanger, and a great lead into The Justice League Film. I give it a 4 out of 5. (y) I will now look forward for the Blu Ray to watch all the extras etc when its released later this year.

Harley-and-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg

Last edited:
Goddess4Real;4160095 said:
I've just seen the film and on the plus side I have to say it I prefer this film to Batman Vs Superman, not once did I look at my watch (usually when I do that in a movie theatre that means I'm losing interest in what I'm watching). Margot Robbie is a scream as Harley Quinn, she should get her own film with the Joker....like a Bonnie & Clyde type of film. Is Jarad Leto better than Heath Ledger as the Joker? The answer is No, but he made the role his own, with the amount of time he had on the screen. But the stand out for me was Viola Davis as Amanda Waller....she is a cold hearted bad ass and the real villain of the film. I think she is an amazing actress (How To Get Away With Murder? is one of my fav shows......give her another Emmy Now!) Everyone else was solid as well. The only negative for me was the overuse of songs in nearly every scene, and a cliché ending. I would like liked so see the Squad join forces with the Enchantress and that would have been a cool cliff hanger, and a great lead into The Justice League Film. I give it a 4 out of 5. (y) I will now look forward for the Blu Ray to watch all the extras etc when its released later this year.

Harley-and-Joker-Suicide-Squad.jpg
It's unfair to compare jared's joker to heath's joker when he had only 9-10 mins of screentime and heath had about 40 mins in TDK. Also I disagree about the music. I loved all of it. If you go back to page 2 of this thread, you missed that a Harley Quinn film is in the works. Story is above where I posted the theatrical poster for SS.

Thanks for that :D maybe I will change my mind when it comes out on Blu-Ray :rofl: A Harley Quinn film sounds sweet, but I wanna one with the Joker cause they made such a hot screen couple :yes:. My favs Superhero films this year are the following;

1. DeadPool (2016) 5 out of 5, it was everything I hoped it would be, lots of action, it was really funny, great use of songs (see Wham's Careless Whisper scene) and a very touching love story at the same time. Ryan made me a believer once again, after the the debacle that was The Greenlatern (2011) which I rated 1 out of 5 :banghead:. Bring on the sequel! ?

2. Suicide Squad (2015) 4 out of 5

3. Captain America: Civil War (2016) 4 out of 5

4. Batman Vs Superman (2016) 3.5 changed to 4 out of 5 after watching Ultimate Edition.

5. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) 3.5 out of 5

It's been a good season so far, can't wait to see Dr Stange, Wonder Woman, Thor:Ragnarok, Justice League, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 etc

Last edited:
Thanks for that :D maybe I will change my mind when it comes out on Blu-ray :rofl: A Harley Quinn film sounds sweet, but I wanna one with the Joker cause they made such a hot screen couple :yes:. My favs Superhero films this year are the following;

1. Deadpool (2016) 5 out of 5, it was everything I hoped it would be, lots of action, it was really funny, great use of songs (see Wham's Careless Whisper scene) and a very touching love story at the same time. Ryan made me a believer once again, after the the debacle that was Green Lantern (2011) which I rated 1 out of 5 :banghead:. Bring on the sequel! ?

2. Suicide Squad (2015) 4 out of 5

3. Captain America: Civil War (2016) 4 out of 5

4. Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) 3.5 changed to 4 out of 5 after watching Ultimate Edition.

5. X-Men: Apocalypse (2016) 3.5 out of 5

It's been a good season so far, can't wait to see Dr Stange, Wonder Woman, Thor:Ragnarok, Justice League, Guardians of the Galaxy 2 etc
Green Lantern is being rebooted and it already got an official title: GREEN LANTERN CORPS, as of now set for release in 2020. I gave CIVIL WAR & DEADPOOL 5 out of 5 and gave BvS (Ultimate Edition), SUICIDE SQUAD and X-MEN: APOCALYPSE 4 out of 5.
Here are the Comic Book Films coming in 2017: WOLVERINE: WEAPON X (the 3rd and final film of Hugh Jackman playing the character which is not titled that but the WEAPON X subtitle has been thrown out there), GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, WONDER WOMAN, SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, THOR: RAGNAROK and JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Is it strange of me to think jared Leto's joker was simply... ok? I mean given I was not feeling the tats which is all in design not really up to him.. but his performance to me wasn't bad but I expected maybe 10% more than could have made his that role from ok to good.. His laugh for example did not feel authentic to me.. It was like "Insert laugh here".. it was like a good impersonation of a joker laugh, didn't feel from the sadistic heart of that man..

I think if that was on, they calm down the gangster-esk feel.. than it would be great!

just my opinion

It's unfair to compare jared's joker to heath's joker when he had only 9-10 mins of screentime and heath had about 40 mins in TDK. Also I disagree about the music. I loved all of it. If you go back to page 2 of this thread, you missed that a Harley Quinn film is in the works. Story is above where I posted the theatrical poster for SS.

Speaking of The Joker, I always found Jack Nicholsons version to be the creepiest.

Green Lantern is being rebooted and it already got an official title: GREEN LANTERN CORPS, as of now set for release in 2020. I gave CIVIL WAR & DEADPOOL 5 out of 5 and gave BvS (Ultimate Edition), SUICIDE SQUAD and X-MEN: APOCALYPSE 4 out of 5.
Here are the Comic Book Films coming in 2017: WOLVERINE: WEAPON X (the 3rd and final film of Hugh Jackman playing the character which is not titled that but the WEAPON X subtitle has been thrown out there), GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2, WONDER WOMAN, SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING, THOR: RAGNAROK and JUSTICE LEAGUE.

Do you think there will be another Fantastic 4 film?....I hope not.

Back