Just Good Friends - What's wrong with it?

^Didnt Michael only co-produce his own self written songs on OTW and Thriller? And I thought he had to push for that credit too.
(Going by memory. Could be wrong).

^Didnt Michael only co-produce his own self written songs on OTW and Thriller? And I thought he had to push for that credit too.

I think he didn't produce anything on the original pressing of Thriller- at least my LP doesn't mention it, or my CD for that matter

That would make sense. If he pushed to now do every song on Bad, regardless of who wrote it, then what is written in Bad 25 makes sense.

I think he didn't produce anything on the original pressing of Thriller- at least my LP doesn't mention it, or my CD for that matter

A subtitle on the back of recent Thriller pressings now mentions Michael's co-production. None of the songs have been altered since the original pressing either...

The original didn't, as I remember, but that changed that year-thought the "fight" had something to do with the fact that the final versions didn't change much from the demos he made from the home studio-the Grammys in 84 even gave him credit for production.

I think it's a great song and I listen to it all the time, I had no idea there were people who hate it, lol. It definitely doesn't fit with the rest of the album though.

I personally think it just gets crap talked about it cuz it's two greats working together and it's expected to be 'double great' which is an unfair expectation.. It's a great song, great vocals! There are only so many topics 2 male straight singers can sing together about and still be interesting. lol!

Nothing! - I love this song, Michael and Stevie two of my favourite legends. The song has a nice beat and melody and Michael and Stevie sound great. I can not understand why this song does not get the love it deserves. I mean it is betterthan Liberian girl and Speed Demon, sometimes I actually skip the first 3 tracks of Bad and get straight to this song!

Nothing! - I love this song, Michael and Stevie two of my favourite legends. The song has a nice beat and melody and Michael and Stevie sound great. I can not understand why this song does not get the love it deserves. I mean it is betterthan Liberian girl and Speed Demon, sometimes I actually skip the first 3 tracks of Bad and get straight to this song!

No, just no.

I think the opening post of this thread is quite polemical - probably on purpose. Not liking it or not thinking it's one of his best ones is not the same like actually hating it.

I for one learned to appreciate it more and more when my fandom progressed in the '90s. It's still not on the same level with Smooth Criminal or Man In The Mirror but I prefer it over I Just Can't Stop Loving You for example.

I'll have to admit that I often skip the song BAD, not because I don't like it.. It's great, but I think when I first became a huge fan it was the song I listened to most.. I would watch Moonwalker and dance to Badder over and over again! lol...

I just find the song very average. I haven't heard it in ages.

personally its one of my favorites so i like it c:

People overuse the word "hate" so much in this thread haha. Such a strong word.

I hope youre joking.... It's definitely a good song that I like, but it's no better than those two....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Just Good Friends" is great and a classic as far as I am concerned. It just serves as fodder from people who think they are being insightful because it was not released as a single or had a "short promotional film". That means next to nothing as far as I'm concerned. That also goes for Stevie himself who I think said it was not any good. He is simply wrong. And that is all that there is to that as far as I'm concerned. He too is only human.

Nothing wrong with Just Good Friends. Everything is just a matter of personal taste. Nothing Michael released was wrong of not worth listening to, it's always, and always will be a matter of taste whether you like it or not.
Personally speaking, I like the song. The vocals are very powerful and energetic and the song itself has this soulful, funky-like feeling to it, which I like.

It wouldn't be the Bad album without JGF! I've always loved it and if Get It was on Bad we'd be having the same conversation as that didn't set the world on fire either. I love them both equally but never understood the "Get It" is better thing. Same story as Streetwalker v APOM. Streetwalker is good but not superior to APOM.

I love just good friends. it's one of my favorite songs on the BAD album. it's a good song in my opinion.

Personally for me Leave Me Alone is the least appealing song on Bad. Where Brad Sundberg would have replaced JGF with Streetwalker, I would have done that with LMA instead. Each to his own.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

In my experience within the fandom, it's kind of a "cool kids club" thing, to hate on "Just Good Friends". One was always considered "odd" if they went against the grain and said they liked the song....or heaven forbid, if they thought it was good! I've always followed the beat of my own drum, when it comes to Michael's body of work and I have nothing against JGF at all. Any song that has Stevie Wonder and Michael Jackson singing together on it is automatically worth its place on an album, as far as I'm concerned. The way their voices harmonise on the track is wonderful....it's so upbeat and joyful.... and the obvious excitement that Michael can barely contain, whilst contributing his impeccable vocals is well worth the price of admission, for me.

The way their voices harmonise on the track is wonderful....it's so upbeat and joyful.... and the obvious excitement that Michael can barely contain, whilst contributing his impeccable vocals is well worth the price of admission, for me.

:)For me, too. I love their voices, the song.

I like Just good friend but I LOVE "GET IT" which was in Stevie album.

I knew it was something different about this track but i always loved it. I wonder how many songs they recorded all together

Back