Destiny or Triumph

Which album do you prefer

• Destiny

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • Triumph

Votes: 16 69.6%

• Total voters
I don't know if that's something he considered but yeah it's a beautiful bit of perfect symmetry. Damn! The Bad Tour has to be his all-round greatest surely. The 87 performance of HH is unbelievably good, his dancing and timing is so tight.

Vocally I prefer the version from The Jacksons Live album as the vocal is more complete.

Both are great, but Triumph is better, so many great songs. Walk right now, Heartbreak Hotel, Can you feel it, Lovely One, Time waits for no one.

I mean wow, Destiny is alright, but just not that appealing to me. Shake your body and Blame it on the boogie have been done to death. They are played
all the time, yet why is no one playing anything off Triumph other than Can you feel it.

The sound of Triumph is better and Michael is all over that album, it was the dress rehearsal for Thriller.

Sticking to the actual thread, I love both, but I voted for Destiny.

As respect77 said, Triumph is OTW part 2, and no MJ album collection would be complete without this transitional release from OTW to Thriller. It's a fantastic little album, it has the funk and danceability of OTW, but also the drama and theatrics that were to follow with Thriller. Walk Right Now and Heartbreak Hotel are two of MJ's finest tracks, with or without The Jacksons imo. I always wished MJ would've done Walk Right Now on the Bad tour instead of Lovely One.

But for me, Destiny wins the race, mainly because it's his most confessional album alongside HIStory. You have the great funky dance grooves of Shake Your Body, Things I Do For You and All Night Dancin, but it's the ballads that are the heart and soul of this album. There's just something very special about songs like Bless His Soul, Push Me Away and That's What You Get (For Being Polite). It is an album of growing pains and familial frustration. It is the first time MJ sounds as if he is singing about something which he has actually lived and you can tell he really poured out his heart on this album.
Great post! It's why I love Destiny and why the album is so good. The ballads are superb!

Triumph.

But my favourite song from the Jacksons (Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)) is on the Destiny album.

^^ I actually consider Blame It On The Boogie to be the worst song on Destiny. By a mile.

Seriously? :dropdead:I still love it-it's infectious. I'll turn it up full blast. And he's just adorable in the video to boot.

I like the way he describes it in "Moonwalk"-how fun it was to sing and 'slur' his words-can't help but smile when he does that.

This thread inspired me to create a playlist of OTW, Triumph and Destiny (+WBSS as it is more an OTW era song to my ears as well).

Can You Feel It
Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough
Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground)
Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Lovely One
Rock With You
Blame It on the Boogie
Your Ways
Workin' Day and Night
Things I Do For You
Everybody
Get on the Floor
Sunset Driver
Push Me Away
Time Waits for No One
Off The Wall
Heartbreak Hotel
I Can't Help It
Bless His Soul
Girlfriend
Destiny
Walk Right Now
She's Out of My Life
That's What You Get (For Being Polite)
Burn This Disco Out
Another great playlist from you Respect! I still listen to your Alternative HIStory from time to time. :cool: You added Threatened to that and WBSS here. Effective work!

Sticking to the actual thread, I love both, but I voted for Destiny.

As respect77 said, Triumph is OTW part 2, and no MJ album collection would be complete without this transitional release from OTW to Thriller. It's a fantastic little album, it has the funk and danceability of OTW, but also the drama and theatrics that were to follow with Thriller. Walk Right Now and Heartbreak Hotel are two of MJ's finest tracks, with or without The Jacksons imo. I always wished MJ would've done Walk Right Now on the Bad tour instead of Lovely One.

But for me, Destiny wins the race, mainly because it's his most confessional album alongside HIStory. You have the great funky dance grooves of Shake Your Body, Things I Do For You and All Night Dancin, but it's the ballads that are the heart and soul of this album. There's just something very special about songs like Bless His Soul, Push Me Away and That's What You Get (For Being Polite). It is an album of growing pains and familial frustration. It is the first time MJ sounds as if he is singing about something which he has actually lived and you can tell he really poured out his heart on this album.
Im sorry I missed this great great post. Fair play Matty

Im sorry I missed this great great post. Fair play Matty
Frankly you should be ashamed of yourself for missing this! I'm begining to wonder if I ever really knew you at all! I mean really! What where you thinking?!!

Frankly you should be ashamed of yourself for missing this! I'm begining to wonder if I ever really knew you at all! I mean really! What where you thinking?!!
I know... for a minute he made me regret not choosing Destiny.

Then I remembered Heartbreak Hotel and all's well. Triumph, Triumph, Triumph and so forth

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I can't decide, I love them both for being my favorite Jacksons albums. Although, Destiny has superior and meaningful ballads by miles than Triumphm

I know... for a minute he made me regret not choosing Destiny.

Then I remembered Heartbreak Hotel and all's well. Triumph, Triumph, Triumph and so forth

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Right here right now I'm feeling Triumph! They're both ten out of ten for me! I only voted for Destiny because it's lagging behind but nah they're both stellar!

I have to go with Destiny on this one. I have a bit of an unhealthy obsession with the song 'Destiny' that goes back to before I can even remember so sentimental value swings it for me! Push Me Away, Things I Do For You, Bless His Soul - I just love them! Something about this album just resonates so well with me and I'm so so fond of it on a different level to Triumph.

Destiny day planned for tomorrow Matty!

You know it struck me today that the Jacksons songs I know best were the ones I got introduced to from the Moonwalker anthology.

At last Tony!!!

Make sure to give it the full Tony R album review, so I can pick it apart and tell you what I don't agree with. ;)

I've done it! I didn't get to listen as many times as I'd like so can't do full review yet. But, wow, it's like the blueprint for Off The Wall isn't it? Even some of the ad-libs and odd lyric foreshadows future works.

Also, I can't believe I've denied myself the full 8 minute version of Shake Your Body all this time! Brilliant.

I remember TIDFY from the Yokohama Bad Tour and is probably the stand out track for me so far. The slower ones haven't done it for me as yet, so Push Me Away & Destiny haven't enthralled me, but they may be growers.

I'm excited about hearing All Night Dancin' and the whole second half again.

Like Respect I think has said before it's pretty much an MJ album from the OTW era, It's very much a springboard from young Michael to adult superstar.

Back