Hot topic Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

Re: Brad Sundberg Seminars: Making Music with Michael Jackson

Brad does not want too much information talked about because then the estate gets on him, but I will say that it was well worth the money. I got to hear some early versions of some songs such as Can't Help It and BoW. IF you get the chance, you should definitely go! I really want to go to the ones in LA this summer but I doubt I'll be able to go. If you want to have them somewhere near you, suggest it. That's exactly what I did with Nashville and he came. BTW the studio in Nashville was amazing and Brad said it is his 2nd favorite studio in the world so that was cool.

Re: Brad Sundberg seminars: Making Music With Michael Jackson

I heard very, very good things at this seminar. very, very good songs.

I want liberian girl multitracks so bad!

Toronto next weekend.

28795865_886857348154827_7767600565534212770_n.jpg

It's Toronto.
It's Matt Forger.
It's Captain EO.
It's stories from Thriller.
It's stories from Hayvenhurst.
It's In The Studio With MJ.
It's The Tour Of Neverland and The Extended Remix.

Tickets are now buy one, get one free.

For fans in Ireland, from Brad (I know there are quite a few of you).

U2 recorded there.
So did Paul Simon and Bob Dylan.

On Saturday, April 21st, we will proudly be presenting "In The Studio With MJ" at the beautiful Westland Studios in Dublin.

http://www.westlandstudiosdublin.com/

Can I be 100% honest for a second? We have presented ITSWMJ events roughly 140 times, and our last visit to Dublin was... bumpy.

The city was fantastic, the guests were amazing. But the venue and mid-week scheduling were less than great. I'll spare you the details, but it was memorably "not-perfect", and it has bugged me ever since.

The 2018 seminar is something I am really proud of, and the Tour of Neverland / The Remix is also a lot of fun. So - we're bringing it back to Dublin.

I had a long chat with the studio manager this morning and I think you are in for an amazing venue this time. If you have never been to one of my events, I can assure you I put everything I can into giving you a glimpse into what it was like to work with, laugh with and learn from Michael. I want you to experience how the vocals were recorded, how the studios were prepped, how the songs were written. I want you to feel like you have met someone that I spent 18 years working with.

I know full well that Michael loved Ireland, and the friends we made on our first visit were fantastic. I can't wait for the morning of April 21st to be back in Dublin, in a much better venue, meeting our guests and rolling up my sleeves for a day you will not soon forget.

I hope you will consider joining me In The Studio.

Tickets on sale now at www.inthestudiowithmj.com

Dublin -
In less than three weeks I'll be presenting ITSWMJ 2018 for you at beautiful Westland Studios!

Hear things you have never heard.
See things you have never seen.
Learn things you never knew.

Brad

I was at the last Ireland seminar and it was amazing, even with all the location issues. Unfortunately I am not able to to go to this one in April due to my schedule. :(

He have showed something neww??? :D

Brad actually works on changing, developing, improving the seminars all the time.
I would say that the seminars this year are not the same as the ones he did last year.

��Experience Michael Jackson in the recording studio, at the very heart of his creative process. You’ll hear music and behind-the-scenes stories. You’ll see video and photographs. You’ll learn how Michael interacted with his team and how they combined focus and discipline with creativity, fun, and food.

��Learn how Michael wrote songs, and how they progressed from the original demo to the album version. Brad will explain and demonstrate how the songs changed and progressed along the way, as they were edited, remixed and restructured for various dance mixes, short films and live tours.

��Discover Michael’s vision and exacting standards for the sound and video systems at Neverland Valley Ranch – including his dance studio and personal listening systems – to give his family and guests an incredible experience.

��All of this takes place inside an actual recording studio, for a full multi-sensory experience that will leave you feeling as if you were really there. Each seminar is limited to an intimate group of people, so you can ask questions and share conversation with Brad and other guests.

��The 2018 presentation of "In The Studio With MJ" is better than it ever has been! I am very proud of the new material, video segments, music, etc. It takes a lot of effort to create an event like this, and I am very proud of my "behind-the-scenes" team.

��The studio will be spectacular.
��The music was created by the greatest entertainer of our time.
��The stories are true and delivered in the best way I know how.
��It will be fun.
��It will be memorable.
��It will be the place to be on April 21st.

---------------------------------------------------------------

��See Things You Have Never Seen
Brad had the unique opportunity to work closely with Michael in the studio on projects like Captain EO, Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Additionally Michael utilized Brad’s skills to build unique music and video systems for his productions, personal use and of course his amazing home – Neverland Valley Ranch. Be prepared to see things on screen and in your mind that you have never seen.

��Hear Things You Have Never Heard
The process of recording music with Michael was very complex, yet also remarkably simple and pure. Brad will take break songs down in a fun, easy-to-understand way that will take you “behind the scenes” of a recording session and explain multi-track techniques, vocal stacking, songwriting, etc. You will learn that while the team had the most advanced techniques at their fingertips, having Michael behind the microphone required very little in terms of electronic wizardry. As Bruce would say, “Less is more.” Your ears will never hear Michael’s music quite the same way again.

��Learn Things You Never Knew
Michael was remarkably talented, driven, patient, kind, a perfectionist, trusting – and very funny. In a word – he was complicated. He was a terrible driver who loved to drive. He was painfully shy but loved to perform in front of enormous crowds. He tried to eat healthy but loved fries, popcorn and ice cream. He was often the first one in the studio and sometimes the last to leave. He would work for days on end without a break then disappear without warning to Tokyo or London for a few days. He wasn’t perfect, he wasn’t normal – but that’s what made him Michael.

See you soon!
Best,
Brad Sundberg

Some fair questions:
How did my working relationship with Michael begin?
How did the seminars start?
What happens at the seminars?
Do I need to dress like Michael and attempt to Moonwalk at the seminars?

Well, lets start at the beginning. I first met Michael around late 1984 when he was working on pre-production for a movie called Captain EO for Disney. He was working with Matt Forger, and I was a runner (gopher) at Westlake Studios, and we became friends. Not "BFFs" - just friends. I made him laugh, he made me laugh. And so it began. He trusted me, and I took that trust very serious.

I went on to work as part of the team under Bruce Swedien on countless projects, demos, albums, short films, tour preparations, on and on. Albums like Bad, Dangerous and HIStory. Video projects like Moonwalker, Ghosts, 2Bad and In The Closet.
Dance mixes.
Radio mixes.
Video mixes.

Keep in mind these albums lasted sometimes 8-14 months, and a remix might last nearly a week. And the short films were weeks of pre-production followed by many days of actual production.

Then there was Neverland. Almost immediately after Michael purchased Sycamore Valley Ranch (and renamed it Neverland Valley Ranch) I was involved in almost every corner of the ranch putting music on rides, trains, a horse-drawn carriage - even inside a reptile barn! It seemed like it would never end...

But then it did.

After Michael passed away some friends invited me to share some stories and memories in Paris. It was amazing. Then we offered a seminar in New York. Soon we were hosting seminars in Madrid, Stockholm, Los Angeles, Tokyo - on and on. Over time more than 100 events were in the rear-view mirror, and they continue to this day.

The seminar grew and more segments were added. Stories about how songs were written or recorded. Crazy things that happened in the studio. The food we ate. The challenges we faced. The endless learning, laughing and creating.

So what should you expect from my seminar? You will find out what it was like to work with the greatest entertainer of our time. To see his vision. The hear his voice. To learn from his experience. To laugh at his goofiness. To allow me, as much as possible, to introduce him to you.

It's not school.
It's not church.
It's not a comedy routine.
It's not a dance class.
It's not a lecture.
It's not sitting in a circle, weeping around a single candle.

It IS a day that I think you will truly enjoy, and one that I think you will long remember.

You will learn about our recording process.
You will see what it was like in the studio - and why the projects grew so big.
I will take you on a first-person tour of Neverland.

You will hear songs that you know and love in a whole new way - and you will likely never hear them the same again.

I will be in Dublin at the beautiful Westland Studios next Saturday, April 21st for a full day of music, laughter and love for this guy that I was fortunate enough to work with .

I'd like to personally invite you to join me - In The Studio With MJ.

~Brad Sundberg~

If you like the way Brad writes, you'll love the way he speaks.

Got a video invite yesterday through the mail, a special video message from Brad. I`m so sad I can`t attend this one, since I don`t actually live there.. (got there by plane). Hope he can visit Ireland (or Netherlands, Germany, Belgium, France) any time some.. i definately will atend!

I would love to be able to attend one of these seminars.

I did email Brad and suggest he come to our fair city. But that was years ago and he's doing Dublin...again. I flew over for Dublin the last time but I'm not going back for that. It was my first time in Dublin though and I loved it.

I did email Brad and suggest he come to our fair city. But that was years ago and he's doing Dublin...again. I flew over for Dublin the last time but I'm not going back for that. It was my first time in Dublin though and I loved it.

Yeah it's mainly the traveling that puts me off tbh haha. It would be great if he came here.

January 2019 for me. I'm really looking forward to it!

You should be, i was at the Dublin one yesterday and it was AMAZING, Brad was great, the sound was great and the music and mixes just unbelievable ? well done Brad and granny, im still over the moon from the buzz!!

That Deep In The Night... would have been a nice song if he would have completed iy that, some points remind to me at Streetwalker...

A few other finished belters in there too, I prefered the SPYHO demo, that chorus gave me chills 😎

Out of interest was it super different to the version we have? And if it is how so? Is it more stripped back and less arrangement or lyrically or even sung differently

Out of interest was it super different to the version we have? And if it is how so? Is it more stripped back and less arrangement or lyrically or even sung differently

It was an earlier version, same chorus but faster, more of an up tempo version, honestly, it sounded amazing, Brad said MJ liked it and gave it to Teddy and that's the version we know

It was an earlier version, same chorus but faster, more of an up tempo version, honestly, it sounded amazing, Brad said MJ liked it and gave it to Teddy and that's the version we know

Awesome!! Thanks for replying I really appreciate it

Back