Transitional Bad to Dangerous pictures

Just found this...

Excerpt from "Jermaine does Q&A at MJJFC" were he claims that he did not write the lyrics of "Word To The Badd". :doh:
Published: 29 February 2012

MJJC: In your book you wrote that you did NOT write "Word to the Badd" but in 1991, you DID interviews--both live and print--where you in no uncertain terms stated that you wrote the song. For example in a Times interview you said “I wrote this song--and it came from the bottom of my heart--was to help my little brother get a grip on reality. “. Which version is the truth? And regardless do you accept any responsibility for the song Word to the Badd? Even if you didn't write it, wouldn't you agree that singing/recording it is just as bad?

Jermaine Jackson: I have heard how some folk are keen to pin me to this kind of reported word or the odd sentence on video. The bottom line is that I didn't write it and everyone involved knows I didn't write it, regardless of what I said or didn't say in this interview or that interview. No one mentions the interviews where I said I didn't write it do they??!

The true story is the one I've told many times, and the one that is in the book. I accepted responsibility a long time ago and my remorse was true. It is a shame to me that some fans cannot move on from this in the same way Michael did. But honestly, what matters to me is that we straightened things out as brothers.

MJJC: If you really have vitiligo as you stated in your book, what prevented you from coming out when everyone doubted Michael had the disease? Don't you think that it could have benefited Michael if you would have came out to his defense and said you had a vitiligo spot once, instead of mocking your brother in a song about his skin change?

Jermaine Jackson: For us, it was nonsense to hear all those tabloid lies about Michael bleaching his skin but I'll say what Michael said: if we spent our time extinguishing every rumor and every lie that was ever said or written, none of us would have had lives.

When I first started writing the book, I didn't intend to include anything about this. We are (as a family) very private. But I mentioned it one day and my ghost-writer thought it was significant. We talked about it and I agreed to include it after being persuaded that it was important information.

https://www.jackson-source.com/news/782-jermaine-does-q-a-at-mjjfc

Electro;4235893 said:
Just found this...

Excerpt from "Jermaine does Q&A at MJJFC" were he claims that he did not write the lyrics of "Word To The Badd". :doh:
Published: 29 February 2012

MJJC: In your book you wrote that you did NOT write "Word to the Badd" but in 1991, you DID interviews--both live and print--where you in no uncertain terms stated that you wrote the song. For example in a Times interview you said “I wrote this song--and it came from the bottom of my heart--was to help my little brother get a grip on reality. “. Which version is the truth? And regardless do you accept any responsibility for the song Word to the Badd? Even if you didn't write it, wouldn't you agree that singing/recording it is just as bad?

Jermaine Jackson: I have heard how some folk are keen to pin me to this kind of reported word or the odd sentence on video. The bottom line is that I didn't write it and everyone involved knows I didn't write it, regardless of what I said or didn't say in this interview or that interview. No one mentions the interviews where I said I didn't write it do they??!

The true story is the one I've told many times, and the one that is in the book. I accepted responsibility a long time ago and my remorse was true. It is a shame to me that some fans cannot move on from this in the same way Michael did. But honestly, what matters to me is that we straightened things out as brothers.

MJJC: If you really have vitiligo as you stated in your book, what prevented you from coming out when everyone doubted Michael had the disease? Don't you think that it could have benefited Michael if you would have came out to his defense and said you had a vitiligo spot once, instead of mocking your brother in a song about his skin change?

Jermaine Jackson: For us, it was nonsense to hear all those tabloid lies about Michael bleaching his skin but I'll say what Michael said: if we spent our time extinguishing every rumor and every lie that was ever said or written, none of us would have had lives.

When I first started writing the book, I didn't intend to include anything about this. We are (as a family) very private. But I mentioned it one day and my ghost-writer thought it was significant. We talked about it and I agreed to include it after being persuaded that it was important information.

https://www.jackson-source.com/news/782-jermaine-does-q-a-at-mjjfc

Jermaine clearly regretted having written these particular lyrics, especially after MJ’s death.

But, truth is, he did write these lyrics, regardless of his efforts in recent years to make us believe that he did not write them.

Jermaine was becoming jealous of MJ during the ‘Victory’ Tour because MJ was getting the biggest part of the attention.

‘Word To The Badd!!’ came mainly as a result of Jermaine’s jealousy towards MJ.

I wrote earlier in this thread that the reason for MJ’s silence about his skin disorder (prior to the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993) was because he did not feel ready to speak publicly about it.

Here is a relevant quote that confirms what I wrote.

It comes straight from Bob Jones (who at the time was MJ’s chief publicist).

“… Certainly we were aware of Michael’s vitiligo… After many months of soul searching we decided to go public [in the Oprah Winfrey interview]. The disease forced him to be white …” (Bob Jones, HIStory Magazine, 1995)

This explains also why MJ became so emotional the moment he revealed publicly for the first time his skin disorder (vitiligo) in that Oprah Winfrey interview.

I think we all understand why he did not speak about his skin earlier that doesn't make it a responsible choice

I which he talked about when he was asked about it in 1987 with the Australian journalist.

mj_frenzy;4235973 said:
I wrote earlier in this thread that the reason for MJ’s silence about his skin disorder (prior to the Oprah Winfrey interview in 1993) was because he did not feel ready to speak publicly about it.

Here is a relevant quote that confirms what I wrote.

It comes straight from Bob Jones (who at the time was MJ’s chief publicist).

“… Certainly we were aware of Michael’s vitiligo… After many months of soul searching we decided to go public [in the Oprah Winfrey interview]. The disease forced him to be white …” (Bob Jones, HIStory Magazine, 1995)

This explains also why MJ became so emotional the moment he revealed publicly for the first time his skin disorder (vitiligo) in that Oprah Winfrey interview.

So in this quote Bob Jones (who worked as Michael's head of PR since 1987) says that, prior to the Oprah interview, "they" were aware of it for "many months". So like ...since 1992? How does that confirm your "fact" that the Jackson Family knew about it "all these years"?

My point was/is that you can't build a list of hard "facts" from such interviews and quotes. Whether it's Michael's own words 'on stage' of an internationally televised interview, coming from his PR people or written in books of disgruntled ex-wifes of his brothers. It's all PR and ego in the first place. Especially with everything Michael Jackson.

Of course it really is highly likely, despite what / how Michael or whoever said things, that it was an emotional topic for him. Absolutely no one here is argueing against that.

Regarding Jermaine claiming in recent years that he did not write "Word To The Badd":
Could be that in his mind he is backing this claim by referring to the released version of the song, which had most of the lyrics re-written. :innocent:

Last edited:
Electro;4236037 said:
So in this quote Bob Jones (who worked as Michael's head of PR since 1987) says that, prior to the Oprah interview, "they" were aware of it for "many months". So like ...since 1992? How does that confirm your "fact" that the Jackson Family knew about it "all these years"?

That' not what the quote implied. He did not say that they were aware of it for only a couple months, he said that after months of soul searching they decided to go out publicly.

… Certainly we were aware of Michael’s vitiligo… After many months of soul searching we decided to go public [in the Oprah Winfrey interview]. The disease forced him to be white …” (Bob Jones, HIStory Magazine, 1995)

Electro;4236037 said:

My point was/is that you can't build a list of hard "facts" from such interviews and quotes. Whether it's Michael's own words 'on stage' of an internationally televised interview, coming from his PR people or written in books of disgruntled ex-wifes of his brothers. It's all PR and ego in the first place. Especially with everything Michael Jackson.

Why are you so disbelieving about that?

It has been a corroborated fact that his family knew all along (through the ‘80s) about MJ’s vitiligo.

His parents knew, his siblings knew too, but they promised to keep silent until MJ himself felt ready to reveal that publicly.

For example, Janet already backed that fact up in one of her interviews back then.

“… For Michael, it’s like I knew about his skin disorder but I promised I would never tell... and I’m not gonna break that to anyone…” (Janet, MTV ‘The Essential’ interview)

There are also other quotes from his family that can confirm that, I can assure you.

The most evident change between those two eras is his eyes, i can't explain what I mean but there is something really different in his look, he seems enigmatic, but also more mature, I guess it's simply a sign of his old age. Men use to physically change when they reach their thirties. I'm 28yo an I can confirm this unfortunately :D

I have wondered about this too. The change from his Bad era look to Dangerous era look happened very quickly.

Oscars 1991
C5pkgE2WAAAAXgY.jpg

O-21-11-951x1200.jpg

His face really changed in may 1991. Before that he still looks like the bad era.
Search for MJ and Madonna going out in a restaurant in April 1991 (not the Oscar award!) and then MJ in Bermuda 1991 which is in June. And you will see what I mean. It seems he had a nose job in May.

His face really changed in may 1991. Before that he still looks like the bad era.
Search for MJ and Madonna going out in a restaurant in April 1991 (not the Oscar award!) and then MJ in Bermuda 1991 which is in June. And you will see what I mean. It seems he had a nose job in May.

I don't see any difference between the two dates except the makeup.

When talking about his looks keep in mind weight does play a role. He got extra thin in parts of dangerous era.. the big part of the change between bad and dangerous is the cheeks.. his cheek muscles were more prevelant and overall cheeks were a bit thicker in the pics we associate with bad over dangerous.. his eye lids changed within that era too, leas full.

I whould really love when Jackson Family whould include this plastic surgeries bleaching subject in one part of their Doumentary-SERIES to clear it up once and forever.
Maybe in showing the documents which proofs what MJ let have done and explaing the reasons behind it to stop any speculation about this in the future.
I guess, they whould do some fans a very big faveor with this, includeing the ones who belive that what MJ said about this subject was not so far away from the truth (what I also belive cause for me he was a very honest and authentic person who had much problems to lie).
I hate to it to say that this seams to be nesessary.
For me its the most annoying subject to read and talk about on YouTube ( I am not on Facebook & Co) besides MJs relationship with children, the parentie of his children, his "secret sons" and his relationship with Shana Magatal.
(The last two subjects could be clear up in a few minutes in the series. So I hope they will include it.)
I relly absolutly hate this surgeries/bleaching subject!!!!
Cause it doesen't matter to me why he loked the way loked and I whould love when it doesen't matter for much more people including the media. I don't wanna read, hear about it and the speculations anymore!

Last edited:
lounisp;4241256 said:

1nn5;4241258 said:
I don't see any difference between the two dates except the makeup.

KOPV;4241265 said:
When talking about his looks keep in mind weight does play a role. He got extra thin in parts of dangerous era.. the big part of the change between bad and dangerous is the cheeks.. his cheek muscles were more prevelant and overall cheeks were a bit thicker in the pics we associate with bad over dangerous.. his eye lids changed within that era too, leas full.

It is also worth noting that MJ wanted to present a new face with each new studio album.

This has been a known fact, also confirmed by Bob Jones in his book (‘Michael Jackson: The Man Behind The Mask’).

So, his different look on his face (from one album to another) was because of three main reasons:

- his known health issues
- his inherent obsession with physical perfection
- marketing purposes

That applied to every transitional era of his adult career, not just from ‘BAD’ to ‘Dangerous’.

I find Michael's changing appearance as interesting as his music, videos etc.

The biggest change came between 85 and 87. I believe he had buccal fat removal, his face was round up til 86 but then it suddenly became quite defined.

I find Michael's changing appearance as interesting as his music, videos etc.

The biggest change came between 85 and 87. I believe he had buccal fat removal, his face was round up til 86 but then it suddenly became quite defined.

I think that was just his diet change, I also don't think that was his biggest change. For me the biggest change was from 1999 to 2001. I'm not as open to discussing this stuff now as I was a few months ago, we need as much positivity as possible here at the moment.

I think that was just his diet change, I also don't think that was his biggest change. For me the biggest change was from 1999 to 2001. I'm not as open to discussing this stuff now as I was a few months ago, we need as much positivity as possible here at the moment.
I agree. Idk what happened in between that tv guide interview & the msg show but he's day & night between the 2. The way he did the neck pop to thriller on the tv guide interview vs his whole demeanor in 2001 in everything he did.

I agree. Idk what happened in between that tv guide interview & the msg show but he's day & night between the 2. The way he did the neck pop to thriller on the tv guide interview vs his whole demeanor in 2001 in everything he did.

Agree, in 2001 he looked drugged up or something like that. To me it seems that he was under influence of heavy medication. Looked better starting from 2008 in my opinion.

Back