Miscellaneous Michael J. Jackson - MMJJ

"When did it start? I can't remember. My body has always been moving. Since childhood I have reacted to the moon this way, as her favorite lunatic, and not just hers. The stars draw me near, close enough so that I see through their twinkling act. They're dancing too, doing a soft molecular jiggle that makes my carbon atoms jump in time."

Michael Jackson

Lee Gi-kwang new music video, clearly some MJ influence in it

"When did it start? I can't remember. My body has always been moving. Since childhood I have reacted to the moon this way, as her favorite lunatic, and not just hers. The stars draw me near, close enough so that I see through their twinkling act. They're dancing too, doing a soft molecular jiggle that makes my carbon atoms jump in time."

Michael Jackson
See, this is how a GENIUS talk.

Wasn't sure where this video should be posted but I thought it was so cool. What talent. The MJ part is at the 2:00 minute mark.

Just a nice comment about how Thriller got him into music, from just a casual radio listener of music. At the 3.00 min mark

Led Zeppelin Make Bizarre Michael Jackson Revelation
By Brett Buchanan - April 23, 2019

Led Zeppelin guitarist Jimmy Page revealed in a recent Instagram post that a Michael Jackson jacket was featured in a 1995 American Music Award performance he did with Jimmy Page.

“On this day in 1995, I received an American Music Award with Robert Plant.

Page and Plant were to receive an American Music Award and, as we couldn’t attend, it required a video insert that was recorded in London at the Depot Sound rehearsal studios in North London. We performed a quirky version of ‘Black Dog’, featuring: didgeridoos; Porl Thompson in Indian pyjamas; a Michael Jackson jacket; and me on whammy pedal. Not a bad balance on this one.”

Jimmy Page was also recently interviewed by the Associated Press.

AP: How frustrating are the Led Zeppelin reunion questions? You weren’t completely happy with Live Aid or the 40th anniversary concert for Atlantic Records in 1988. What about the 2007 concert in London?

Page: I’m rather pleased that we did it, because we sort of looked still similar to what we looked now, and, yeah, we did a really good job. But I don’t think there’s going to be another one.

AP: Let’s talk about your earliest recollection with the guitar.

Page: I was taking my guitar to school so that I could play at recess because I became so involved with it, we became inseparable. I had to do my academic studies, that was the deal I had with my dad. And the rest of the time I could play guitar. So, I took that one step further: I would take that to school and play at recess.

AP: Your guitar work for Led Zeppelin was far ahead of the curve…

Page: I’d like to think that it was, because the first album, I sort of knew, as we were doing the tracks, exactly how I was going to layer everything and the textures of them…. There’s a variety of moods on ‘Led Zeppelin I.’ So, again, it was me challenging and pushing as far as I possibly could, not even thinking of my limitations, just going beyond, beyond, beyond.

https://www.alternativenation.net/led-zeppelin-make-bizarre-michael-jackson-revelation/

Re: Who was the criminal in Smooth Criminal?

It's the folks who kidnapped the girl and were selling the drugs I would assume... :)

Thank you, everyone, for keeping the Miscellaneous thread going. Please remember to post all of your random MJ-related questions and thoughts in here and also anything that is super-cool and interesting, from the world of Michael Jackson. Let's keep it growing and growing!!

Shoutout to Taco Bell for supporting Michael! Thank you very much! All MJ fans and supporters go to Taco Bell and give them your support! It’s for L.O.V.E ✌️☮️

Fun Fact: Michael loved Mexican Food. ^_^ ✌️

b9fcfdedd30262dab2d020e345316140.jpg

I already gave them my money!:tongue:

Last edited:
The Beatles icon Paul McCartney has a new post on his website about inviting Michael Jackson and the Jackson 5 to a party:

Last week Paul announced the reissue of the iconic Professor Longhair’s album Live On The Queen Mary, set for release on 5th April. The recording took place on 24th March 1975 aboard the Queen Mary [a British ocean liner docked in Long Beach harbour, Los Angeles] at an exclusive – and by the sounds of it terrifically fun – party put on by Paul and Linda to celebrate the end of recording the Wings album Venus and Mars.

The band had a great time putting together the guest-list and sending out customised invitation cards. Along with invitees George Harrison, Bob Dylan, Mick Jagger and The Jackson 5, Paul also flew in a crew of his “N’arwlins” friends to provide the entertainment. This list of luminaries included Professor Longhair, The Meters and Allen Toussaint!

Earlier this month we spoke with Paul to learn a little more about how this very special performance from Professor Longhair came to be recorded and released. The story begins with Paul describing how he became inspired by the music culture of New Orleans, and why Professor Longhair [whom Paul fondly referred to as ‘Fess’ during our chat] was invited to play.

Now with the intro out of the way, we’ll let Paul do the talking because he tells it best!

Paul: When we were doing ‘Venus and Mars’ we were in New Orleans. Or “N’arwlins”, as they like to say! It was just great to visit the city and be part of that Louisiana culture. Because we were actually making the album, we stayed there for quite a while – it was over a month – so we really got into it. During that time, it was also Mardi Gras and we got immersed in the local culture. You know, New Orleans music. Creole music is very unique. It’s a unique style, which you would hear at clubs and things and that’s where I heard Professor Longhair. Or Roy Byrd, which is his real name.

He had this great style, this kind of rolling piano style. And he was singing this song called ‘Tipitina’, which is like one of his hits. He’s got this very interesting vocal sound, it was almost like a yodel. A funny little break in his voice… [Impersonates Professor Longhair singing ‘Tipitina’]. That’s a very bad impression of it…

https://www.alternativenation.net/paul-mccartney-reveals-partied-michael-jackson/

Darren Hayes

I just discovered the MJCast podcast and I was going through the list of past podcasts to listen to (and will be for some time now) and I came across the podcast Darren Hayes did with them on the 6th year anniversary of MJ's death podcast and wow what an amazing podcast it was.

I knew he was a fan of MJ's but he really gets MJ's soul and the way he spoke about MJ was so beautiful. I was crying throughout the podcast because the truth in which he speaks about MJ as an artist and person - it just tugged at my heart.

While I was listening - I did not know he wrote "Glorious" for and about MJ - how beautiful, my god!!

The rest of the podcast was so emotional as well - they ended it with making us listen in on some fans who called in and left a message about where they were when MJ died and how he should be remembered - I was an emotional wreck. Did you all listen to that one yet? There will be alot to go through so can some of you recommend which ones I prioritize and listen to first? Thank you.

In case some of you didn't know this song was written for MJ - here is the song Darren wrote about MJ after he died.

Re: Darren Hayes

Darren is such a talented guy. I always felt after the Savage Garden thing ended he really struggled to find his own identity as an artist.

I felt things could have been totally different for him.

Didn't know about this song. Thanks for sharing.

He did say MJ’s passing affected him wanting to continue to write. He said when MJ died, it changed the music scene.

Re: Paul McCartney Reveals Who Partied With Michael Jackson

This is when Michael spoke of meeting Paul the first time. I believe when he told him about 'Girlfriend'.

My orange juice expires on the 24th of June. all MJ fans know Michael loved orange juice and the 24th is the last day he was on this earth. i wish i could take a picture of it but i don't have a camera. i guess it's a sign he letting me and mother that's he's okay. Michael is such a sweetie.:heart:

b5737dcbfaa288f22d4d7e7d88b90bd8.jpg

e2c592006998a3d9b42805ae5c4aa807.jpg

845369391d7722d7266a68271dd4183d.jpg

2e67e80e28b69bc6601cf84aa8ebac40.jpg

Michael-Jackson-History-W-Tour-michael-jackson-11282962-400-647.jpg

99611e1c736245aa83e710bce292c10a.jpg

i should point out my mother has a little cold too and she loves Michael alot. Michael ya such a sweetheart. thank you very much. :heart:

Last edited:
https://canoe.com/entertainment/cel...e-presley-for-scientology-movie-follow-up/amp

Louis Theroux wants Lisa Marie Presley for Scientology movie follow-up
BY WENN - WORLD ENTERTAINMENT NEWS NETWORK
ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED: MAY 13, 2019

The British documentary filmmaker is known for his inquisitive approach to controversial subjects, and took on the secretive religious movement in 2015 with My Scientology Movie, but found getting access to its inner workings difficult.

Speaking to WENN at backstage at the 2019 British Academy Television Awards on Sunday, where he won the Best Factual Series prize, he said he was reluctant to take on the Church of Scientology again, but would love to speak to Lisa, who as well as being a Scientologist, was married to Michael

“If someone really high profile left and said I’m going to trust you with my story, either a Tom Cruise, but I don’t think that’s likely, or Lisa Marie Presley, who it’s rumoured has already left,” he said. “She of course was also married to Michael Jackson, that would be fascinating.”

The late King of Pop, who was the subject of child sexual abuse allegations made by two men in a new documentary, Leaving Neverland, married Lisa Marie in 1994 after relying on her for emotional support while battling earlier child sexual abuse allegations.

Re: Was Michael a Crip?

Didn't Papa Joe have his kids moving bricks around the yard and practicing music all the time so that they wouldn't join the neighborhood gangs in Gary Indiana? Anyway, I've seen Mike wear red clothes quite a bit. It wouldn't make much sense for a Crip member to do that. :rofl:

Re: Was Michael a Crip?

They hired actual members of the Crips for TWYMMF's video, so I think he was just doing that to show he was cool with them.

Back