Future Concert Campaign ideas?

I think they might have it. They should have most Bad, Dangerous and HIStory Tour shows on tape. Some of them might be lost like the Wembley master tape but they should have most of them.

Yes that's what the Estate said, but they also said that the audio from the master tapes was unusable.

SmoothCriminal1995;4261738 said:
On personal note I'd love to see Aintree, Liverpool Bad Tour 1988. A crowd of over 135,000 people and by the sounds of the amateur audio it sounds like a great concert. It was also shot on film and intended for release (see Man In The Mirror blue shirt from Moonwalker)

Other than that I would love to see New York 1988 because I think that has the potential of being one of if not the best show Michael performed going off of the audio and snippets we have. His performance seemed electric

In all honesty, provided it's watchable, I'm not that bothered by the quality of the footage more so by the quality of the performance. I'd rather them release a really good upscaled show, like we just got with Copenhagen, than a super duper HD 3D Mike is sitting next to me on the couch it's so clear, HIStory tour show.

Just my thoughts
I wasnt sure what exact dates MITM moonwalker was from. I know its from european leg and US? Liverpool would be a great choice also.

Estate in 2012 :
• So while we continued the search for the Wembley Umatic master, we also researched the audio recordings that existed from all of the concerts including Wembley. Fortunately, the Wembley audio recordings were made using a sound truck, and appear to be the only multi-track recordings from the tour.

While I hope they arent the only Multi recordings, It would make sense since some of the wembley shows were filmed.
Kansas city and New york sound like they are in High quality or even Multi though.

Last edited:
Robbsaber01;4261823 said:
I wasnt sure what exact dates MITM moonwalker was from. I know its from european leg and US? Liverpool would be a great choice also.

Estate in 2012 :
• So while we continued the search for the Wembley Umatic master, we also researched the audio recordings that existed from all of the concerts including Wembley. Fortunately, the Wembley audio recordings were made using a sound truck, and appear to be the only multi-track recordings from the tour.

While I hope they arent the only Multi recordings, It would make sense since some of the wembley shows were filmed.
Kansas city and New york sound like they are in High quality or even Multi though.

There is the Man in the Mirror audio used in Moonwalker. I wonder what concerts is that from?

It all was high quality and mixed on multiple tracks when it took place. It's not possible otherwise. The question always is, was anything saved / recorded separately besides the mixed main master channel. (and did it survive until now)

The Beatles, The Rolling Stones, The Doors, The Who and Woodstock have their shows restored in HD/4K from the 16mm original camera negatives filmed in the 60s. But still nothing for MJ concerts shot 20 years later. I'm upset.

Last edited:
There is the Man in the Mirror audio used in Moonwalker. I wonder what concerts is that from?
Good Question. Also, the original APOM music video audio wasnt from July 16. Probably 15th? MiTM audio could be from one of the other wembley dates.
It all was high quality and mixed on multiple tracks when it took place. It's not possible otherwise. The question always is, was anything saved / recorded separately besides the mixed main master channel. (and did it survive until now)
Thats the main issue. We have evidence shows were filmed. We just dont know if everything still in storage now and in releasable quality. Im almost certain Kansas/NY were on Multi. Compare that audio to Rome or Tokyo '88. No comparison. Quality releases is all we ask for. Id be nice to start with an HD/HQ Bad concert...

Good Question. Also, the original APOM music video audio wasnt from July 16. Probably 15th? MiTM audio could be from one of the other wembley dates.
Thats the main issue. We have evidence shows were filmed. We just dont know if everything still in storage now and in releasable quality. Im almost certain Kansas/NY were on Multi. Compare that audio to Rome or Tokyo '88. No comparison. Quality releases is all we ask for. Id be nice to start with an HD/HQ Bad concert...

Do the Estate have full ownership of Moonwalker? They never seem to mention it or talk about it, and I know Warner Brothers have a stake in it somehow. And if so, is it possible that b-roll footage used to make Moonwalker etc. was never 'in house' or under Michael so to speak. Does that make sense?

Do the Estate have full ownership of Moonwalker? They never seem to mention it or talk about it, and I know Warner Brothers have a stake in it somehow. And if so, is it possible that b-roll footage used to make Moonwalker etc. was never 'in house' or under Michael so to speak. Does that make sense?
That is another good question lol. Its possible? That could explain some things. Maybe some of the film is in some WB storage facility? I think someone pointed out that some minor shot changes were made on the Moonwalker VHS and DVD/Bluray.
Now that I think of it, they should have re edited Moonwalker MiTM like they did with APOM instead of the VHS source.
Warren mentioned that MJ never visited the editing room but Frank Dileo did. He was obviously manager at that time so Id imagine he'd be all over this had he not passed.

Talking about Moonwalker, i'd love to see the original video shot for Come Together, where MJ uses the Bad Tour outfit instead of the yellow shirt.

Talking about Moonwalker, i'd love to see the original video shot for Come Together, where MJ uses the Bad Tour outfit instead of the yellow shirt.
I didn't know he did that. That would be cool to see. So many release opportunities.

I’ve always wished the estate would put all of his concerts from Bad to Dangerous to History on a streaming service like Amazon, Netflix, or Hulu, they would be taken from the Jumbotron like they usually are and they would be upscaled to the highest quality possible if they don’t have the original masters. And for all the film stuff that they do have would be put on a Blu-Ray boxset “Michael Jackson: Live in Concert” Disc 1: Bad, Disc 2: Dangerous, etc. And then when that does well they could do “The Jacksons: Live in-... ahem. I think I’m getting a bit ahead of myself now.

Oh, and here’s a mini-introduction. This is my first real post on this site. So hello to everyone here.

& to think....all of that is on film....definitely shot with film. I will never understand the estate. Its a reason why branca was fired in the 1st place. Constantly doing stupid shit

Back