Any new MJ projects this year?

I think one of the Estate communications alluded to Thriller in theatres being something of an annual event so we figured they aren't just going to put it on YouTube or even release it on home media.

Course that strategy has probably changed now...at least this year.
I agree but now thats all the more reason to release it on YouTube. We still have that garbage quality to the top video in the world. How much since does that make? So much conspiracy to this

It would best if they made all his videos HD either on their youtube channel or just put it on DVD etc. it's way over due. it's was nice for them to bring Thriller IMAX but it would be nicer if they release it on their youtube or on DVD etc.

They probably already have all of these in HD just being slow about it.... we know they have Thriller.

They probably already have all of these in HD just being slow about it.... we know they have Thriller.
I highly doubt that. They're not even realizing the revenue that could bring in! But thinking of the dangerous era with the special effects & etc...i highly doubt they have them ready & not announce it. Thats alot of hard work. Well maybe at the time but it shouldn't be hard to do that in 2019. I can see remember the time now in 2440p

that remember the time video and thriller video in such low quality if MJ was alive he would tell them to fix that in a heartbeat. :laughing:

Billie Jean looks bad too. the estate need to get better people on their team. cause MJ wouldn't allow half of the stuff that's going right now. :laughing:

I think the "simplest" project they could realize would be all music videos in a Blu-ray/4K Blu-ray boxset including Thriller that already has a 4k scan ready in addition to the Dolby Atmos sound.
Ghosts is also something that naturally would be a part of this, and this could really look amazing!
As far as i know all of his music videos was captured on film, making it possible to scan them to 4K, most likely producing great results including HDR grading and remixing of the sound in multichannel/Atmos sound.
I have seen many films re-released on 4K-Blu-ray with amazing results in regards to image detail but also due to HDR.

A project like this i think would have the potential to sell really well due to the fact that MJ`s videos really is the pinnacle of all music videos and really set the standard. Plus that Sony pictures, if they would be the ones that releases this, really has an amazing track record in releasing great quality 4K-Blu-ray discs of older movies.

I can see them packaging Thriller/Ghosts remastered for Halloween possibly? That would be a nice release.

I think we established many times before that the upgrading of the old music videos would not be a simple task at all.

But I agree it's vitally important. And I'd be more interested in this than in new concerts.

Wouldn't surprise me if all the sources are starting to deteriorate and the estate are just sitting there like :innocent:

I think we established many times before that the upgrading of the old music videos would not be a simple task at all.

But I agree it's vitally important. And I'd be more interested in this than in new concerts.

Maybe not simple, but can`t really be that difficult either as many older movies have been released on 4K-Blu-ray the last years with great results so its just about spending the money to do so, unless of course the film source is gone but that would be very unlikely.

To put things in perspective, The Bridge on The River Kwai was released on 4K-Blu-ray, and that is from 1957!

I agree but now thats all the more reason to release it on YouTube. We still have that garbage quality to the top video in the world. How much since does that make? So much conspiracy to this
tumblr_projvyHMX91rw606ko1_400.gif

What conspiracy? Very few if any music videos from that time period are HD quality on Youtube. The only other video from the 1980s that I'm sure of that has had a 4K rescan is Sledgehammer by Peter Gabriel, but that version is not on Youtube, only a short clip. The picture for Sledgehammer has been cropped into widescreen, so not the same as the original. Supposedly, Universal has uploaded remastered videos recently, but other than a few like Sabotage by the Beastie Boys, most of the ones I've watched look the same, only the sound quality has been updated, like Control by Janet Jackson. The previous uploads had more tape hiss in them.

2018 restored version
original version

Back