Was MJ going to release all of the songs on Xscape?

Feet

Proud Member
I heard Timbaland mention that Michael was going to release all of the songs on Xscape himself while touring in 2009, and I've been wondering if he's pulling it out of his ass or if there's actually validity to what he's saying.

Timbaland was just over reacting, those were the songs that MJ wanted to rework for another project but it is wrong to say he wanted to release them in 2009. In 2008-2009 MJ was working on new songs as well as old songs but they are not in XSCAPE album, like DAYS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE and several others with RedOne and Will.i.am.

He probably was gonna release some songs off it

A Place With No Name, Xscape and Loving You I think so, he had plans to finish them in 2008/09, according to producers and that list in his bedroom

Timbaland was just over reacting, those were the songs that MJ wanted to rework for another project but it is wrong to say he wanted to release them in 2009. In 2008-2009 MJ was working on new songs as well as old songs but they are not in XSCAPE album, like DAYS IN GLOUCESTERSHIRE and several others with RedOne and Will.i.am.

I wanna hear the will.i.am and RedOne tracks so bad. Not to mention they were recorded during what I believe to be RedOne's creative peak (same time as Lady Gaga's The Fame era).

I very much doubt Michael was ever going to release Love Never Felt So Good & Loving You, as these are songs Michael worked on in the 80s and then never worked on them again. I don’t think Michael ever worked on DYKWYCA after the early 90s, so don’t think he was going to release that either. Same story with Slave to the Rhythm. The title track Xscape leaked online in 2002 and I don’t think he was going to release a leaked song on an album. So the only songs from Xscape that I could see Michael releasing would have been Chicago, A Place with No Name and Blue Gangsta.

I don´t think he would have released all those songs in 2009. He wanted new songs about the environment too.
He wanted to do movies later.Maybe he would have used some songs there.

Back