Is MJ a Socially Aware Black Artist to You or Not Really?

Is Michael socially aware? lol! yes he was, much of his catologue is about social awareness. I don't know one musical artist that dedicated as much work to social awareness.

The user talking about social awareness the black community not the other communities. though, he did both. yes. he was very aware. BUT he also loved and cared about everyone. his message was peace on earth.

You know looking back Michael did a lot of social awareness not only his own culture but others cultures as well. i wish more current artists today would do the samething. i mean there are artists that talk about it but they talk about only one or two times and never talk about it again then those one or two times but Michael talk about it more then any other artists.

bless him.

cancel culture

i mean there are artists that talk about it but they talk about only one or two times and never talk about it again then those one or two times but Michael talk about it more then any other artists.
Maybe they don't want to get the Bono (U2) "preaching" criticisms. Also with the current "cancel culture" generation, some performers don't want to lose fans by talking about things outside of their music/movies. People will drop performers today for any little thing. "We don't like what Brie Larson said about men, so let's give Captain Marvel negative reviews, even though we've never seen the movie". "I don't support Tom Cruise movies because he is into Scientology" :lmao:

Michael was brave. maybe times are somewhat different now but his message in his music hasn't change at all. maybe that's why they kill him because he was powerful and brought a lot light and love into this world. because of him people had something smile for and look up to and hope for.

i like mike said smile and maybe tomorrow you will happy. if i said the quote right. L.O.V.E was his message. bless him i don't think we will never have another person like him again. :(

protest music

Michael was brave. maybe times are somewhat different now but his message in his music hasn't change at all. maybe that's why they kill him because he was powerful and brought a lot light and love into this world. because of him people had something smile for and look up to and hope for.
Wouldn't they get performers that have songs with a more protest or militant message such Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, The Clash, X Clan, etc. Same for movie director Spike Lee with movies like Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, BlacKkKlansman, etc. Also gospel music has positive messages.

Re: protest music

Wouldn't they get performers that have songs with a more protest or militant message such Rage Against The Machine, Public Enemy, Ice Cube, The Clash, X Clan, etc. Same for movie director Spike Lee with movies like Do The Right Thing, Malcolm X, BlacKkKlansman, etc. Also gospel music has positive messages.

No. Because all these performers were not and are not nearly as popular and global like the King Of Pop was and still is. He met world leaders, had the Heal the World Foundation and truly everyone in the world knew Michael Jackson's message. No one has had Michael's reach. I would also add that the others you listed are still regular dudes, whereas Michael Jackson was different. He lived what he preached, too.

Re: protest music

No. Because all these performers were not and are not nearly as popular and global like the King Of Pop was and still is. He met world leaders, had the Heal the World Foundation and truly everyone in the world knew Michael Jackson's message. No one has had Michael's reach. I would also add that the others you listed are still regular dudes, whereas Michael Jackson was different. He lived what he preached, too.
How about the Pope? There's lots of Catholics in the world. Maybe Jesus Christ over the Pope. People have followed Jesus (and Buddha) for many centuries. Anyway, I think Mike's situation is more the ATV catalog more than whatever his message was.

Wesley Snipes talks about books Michael owned

Last edited:
I find it funny when people claimed to be MJ fans but don't follow his message. his message wasn't a bad message and that everyone can do. he basically was trying to save us. that this point race doesn't matter. our lives and our earth matters. i'm african- american and i still care about others. so just because my life isn't perfect doesn't mean shouldn't care about others?

bless Michael and his family to keep things like heal the world and donating to charities.

Absolutely. Of course Michael Jackson was a socially aware black artist.
Just because he transcended racial barriers doesn't mean he forgot about where he came from or who he is

I think so yes. Many of the songs he wrote is clearly a shout out to society about injustice etc.

You Were There - of course it's a tribute song, but it shows MJ is aware of the racism black people had to deal with.
TDCAU - not only black people of course, but also.

Many of his speaches.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">there are a lot of people who are fans of Michael Jackson but don&#8217;t have any knowledge about the struggles he faced as a black American, although he spoke about it in his music and on several occasions. it&#8217;s important to his history and i may do a video on this very soon.</p>&mdash; MJFANGIRL (@MJFanGirlBLOG) <a href="https://twitter.com/MJFanGirlBLOG/status/1268774825302122496?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 5, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Malcolm X

16c72b0df474671831ebd6ff4664faee8e1e51a8.jpg

i ask this because Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Curtis Mayfield amongest others are considered Socially aware Black Artists but you never hear MJ mentioned in that discussion. now "We Are the World" brought all people together but it was a Black statement with MJ and Lionel Richie writing it together and Quincy Jones Producing it. Can You Feel it, they don't care about us, Jam. He has been socially aware from a Black Perspective,but he never hardly gets acknowledged in this? care to speak on this.
Define socially aware.

MJ associated with some really filthy people in the political classes. Murderous, filthy people which he endorsed and liked to be associated with, such as Bill Clinton, Bush. I just recently learned he met with the war criminal Henry Kissinger, directly responsible for the death of millions. He praised filthy Roosevelt in They Don't Care About Us (I simply can't listen to it). I think he had just a 'surface' knowledge of what is going on with the world. Like most celebs, he used the political classes for photo opportunities and awards. In other words, ego-driven activities.

Maybe MJ was naive in what he thought he could change with the filth at the top. Maybe he knew something we didn't, too. I do not know. He was aware of some social issues, sure. Just like the average man in the street. But I don't regard him as having an above-average awareness of the filth pulling the strings worldwide.

^^I don't think you're going to get an answer since mistermaxxx hasn't posted here in a very long time. 🤣 I think he has a Youtube channel though, I forgot what his name was over there

Define socially aware.

MJ associated with some really filthy people in the political classes. Murderous, filthy people which he endorsed and liked to be associated with, such as Bill Clinton, Bush. I just recently learned he met with the war criminal Henry Kissinger, directly responsible for the death of millions. He praised filthy Roosevelt in They Don't Care About Us (I simply can't listen to it). I think he had just a 'surface' knowledge of what is going on with the world. Like most celebs, he used the political classes for photo opportunities and awards. In other words, ego-driven activities.

Maybe MJ was naive in what he thought he could change with the filth at the top. Maybe he knew something we didn't, too. I do not know. He was aware of some social issues, sure. Just like the average man in the street. But I don't regard him as having an above-average awareness of the filth pulling the strings worldwide.
What does any of that have to do with African American activism, truly, genuinely?

Define socially aware.

Michael's problem was he was too nice and innocent, it breaks your heart honestly.

Splitting hairs. Politics is part of everyone's life (and death) today, affecting us socially on countless levels. To the point of life and death.
Is it really? So we have to be politically woke 24/7? Maybe so.

There's an increasing insistence that everything be related to these men in suits and a handful of women making rules for everyone else. In America land anyway.

If you don't vote, it's already out of your life in a big way. Meanwhile, the only thing that's a part of our life every day is living. Unfortunately now living is tied up in other people's living, other people's wants, desires, ambitions, and passions. Which usually ends up translated to "Making others do what I want".

I don't think obeying the laws is political, or paying your taxes. Having ambitions beyond being a part of society, changing society, sure, that's political.

MJ was socially aware, not politically aware.
He wouldn't be since Jehovah's Witnesses are not supposed to get involved with politics or do things like voting & saluting the flag. Patriotism is against their beliefs.
Slightly disagreeing with both of these comments. Michael would have been politically neutral bc of his Jehovah's Witness faith - or at least he would have maintained a neutral stance in public. That doesn't mean he wasn't politically aware. I'd be willing to bet that he was.

Mr JT, I'm not trying to teach you about the JW faith. As if! But I think lack of awareness and being neutral are two different things.

I'm glad Michael refused to be drawn on politics. Even in the 2005 Geraldo interview, long after he had left the church, he politely sidesteps the politics question.

Back