What do you want to see from the Estate? (fans wishlist thread)

What type of release would you prefer?

• Hi-Res album release

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Faux Unplugged set

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Full-on club experience

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Symphonic Masterpiece

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
It will be 6 years since the release of Xscape so I'm hoping we get to hear new music next year. Doesn't have to be a new album as such but a few new unreleased singles would be great.

Actual care and attention would be nice. You're not the Estate of some shmuck. You're the Estate of Michael Jackson. The greatest music star to ever live. Put some effort in.

I &apos;d love for one of the Victory Tour shows to be released. Great show. I think it was at the peak of his powers. I always loved seeing Mike singing live as opposed to lipsynching. I don&apos;t care if it&apos;s VHS quality. That would be better than the bootlegs circulating out there.<br>
<br>
I&apos;d love for the Estate to release MJ back catalogue along the lines of the Prince Estate is doing. Remastered original +&nbsp; Unreleased Songs/ Outtakes CD from the era. Wouldn&apos;t you love that? Although you have to wonder if with the two posthumous releases they scraped the bottom of barrel.

Now that we are almost in 2020, this is what I want from the Estate in the 2020s:

1) 2020: A documentary from the Estate addressing all of the fake allegations about child molestation.

2) 2021: Dangerous 30. We didn't get Dangerous 25, but I'm hoping that we get as at least Dangerous 30. In many people eyes, Dangerous was Michael's last iconic album and it surely deserves to be celebrated.

3) 2022: Thriller 40. Thriller 25 was absolute rubbish. The best selling album of all time deserves a better reissue than that.

4) 2024: A new posthumous album of unreleased songs.

5) 2026: Invincible 25. I know that Invincible isn't Michael's best album, but it still has some amazing gems on it and I feel that MJ's final album deserves to be celebrated and brought to the attention of general public.

6) 2028: A duets album with artists that are similar to Michael and look up to him. This will allow a lot of unfinished MJ songs to be released.

7) 2029: Off The Wall 50. The reissue in 2016 was pointless and just rubbish. Off The Wall deserves better than a chalk lol.

So these are the 7 things I want the MJ Estate to release in 2020s. However, if I am being realistic, I can only see no. 3 happening in the exact year that I want it to happen. I can see no. 1, 4 & 6 happening, but maybe in different years. I can't see the rest happening unfortunately.

I 'd love for one of the Victory Tour shows to be released. Great show. I think it was at the peak of his powers. I always loved seeing Mike singing live as opposed to lipsynching. I don't care if it's VHS quality. That would be better than the bootlegs circulating out there.

The bootleg of Victory tour Toronto is in great quality though. Couldn't ask for better from the estate

The bootleg of Victory tour Toronto is in great quality though. Couldn't ask for better from the estate

That's true, the quality of that show is good enough, but come on, MJ had film cameras recording some shows, meaning that if they find, remaster and release all that footage you would forget about the bootleg, like, forever. I'd settle for a Triumph tour SD release though.

That's true, the quality of that show is good enough, but come on, MJ had film cameras recording some shows, meaning that if they find, remaster and release all that footage you would forget about the bootleg, like, forever. I'd settle for a Triumph tour SD release though.

can't wait for the estate to pulla Wembley on us & release Michael's personal VHS copy of Chicago 1984

can't wait for the estate to pulla Wembley on us & release Michael's personal VHS copy of Chicago 1984
Loool. Funny because with the estate this could easily happen.

I still dont understand how not even a single Jacksons concert has been released in 40 years. 1 Live album. Thats it. I just dont get it.
Must be some legal or contract BS.

Can we just get Paris & Prince in charge of releases already? I feel like they would put in the effort that the fans want in future releases.

The majority seems to want :
New music/anniversary projects
Concerts
Remastered Short films
Simple.

Loool. Funny because with the estate this could easily happen.

I still dont understand how not even a single Jacksons concert has been released in 40 years. 1 Live album. Thats it. I just dont get it.
Must be some legal or contract BS.

I'd deada*s accept the Chicago VHS, who knows what beauty if holds, maybe one of those shows with the Red jacket on the J5 Medley/Rock With You!

Counting Motown releases, we've had a total of 5 concerts (3 complete, 2 incomplete), but only 1 of those is Jacksons! We would've gotten 2-3 by now, but the Victory Tour Laserdisc (Which was Boston & another, unknown show) was cancelled, & that Triumph Tour DVD talk that always surfaces just doesn't happen.

I've accepted the Estate's low-quality releases, so at this point either the 2-Cam, clean Victory Tour Laserdisc Concert, or the probably Multicam, probably LQ, Victory Tour VHS Concert in Chicago, would be a great change. As long as they don't use the same restoration team as Wembley, we should be fine.

TBH...

i am happy if they only release Concerts and the already released stuff in HQ.
New songs, cool. But since MJ never wanted to release those probably it's okay to keep them away from the public.

TBH...

i am happy if they only release Concerts and the already released stuff in HQ.
New songs, cool. But since MJ never wanted to release those probably it's okay to keep them away from the public.

i agree to some extent..

Concerts, yes, absolutely, most of those were meant to be public, even if it was for one night.

Songs, i'd be fine with anything, HQ ones of LQ ones is the best option, but i'd rather have brand new songs, but honestly i'm more of a concert guy.

Actually, wouldn't concerts fall in line with the Estate's way of thinking, trying to get new people into Michael, most of the songs on the setlist are his hits, (like Billie Jean & Man in The Mirror) as such people are most likely willing to watch/listen to them, which exposes them to more songs that aren't usually brought up, (I would know, the Triumph Tour CD got me into more of the Jacksons stuff.) So I feel like Concerts would be one of their#1 priorities.

I'd deada*s accept the Chicago VHS, who knows what beauty if holds, maybe one of those shows with the Red jacket on the J5 Medley/Rock With You!

Counting Motown releases, we've had a total of 5 concerts (3 complete, 2 incomplete), but only 1 of those is Jacksons! We would've gotten 2-3 by now, but the Victory Tour Laserdisc (Which was Boston & another, unknown show) was cancelled, & that Triumph Tour DVD talk that always surfaces just doesn't happen.

I've accepted the Estate's low-quality releases, so at this point either the 2-Cam, clean Victory Tour Laserdisc Concert, or the probably Multicam, probably LQ, Victory Tour VHS Concert in Chicago, would be a great change. As long as they don't use the same restoration team as Wembley, we should be fine.
Yeah it really is a shame the lack of concert releases especially Jacksons related. When you look at queen releases. They were done with care. Finding, and remastering 30+ year old film. I just want the same effort done with MJs concerts. After watching Bad25 in cinema, seeing APOM in HD was amazing. Then seeing wembley MITM on the same screen looked really bad. I hope they at least tried to find the Film masters.

anything which is unheard from MJs work. that means unheard stuff in any state and alternative mixes/demos.
i just miss that moment, when you get to hear something 'new' from Michael. :p

concerts and music videos in hd/4k are also important, but that is not that exciting for me.

ethnicity

Yeah it really is a shame the lack of concert releases especially Jacksons related. When you look at queen releases. They were done with care.
Queen is a white group and The Jacksons are a black group. White performers are generally gonna get more attention than other races in the USA. The Jacksons didn't even have a Greatest Hits until the 2000s. The J5 has many because Motown is known for releasing a lot of compilations and they were a black run company until Berry Gordy sold it.

How long until they are in charge of the estate?

Not until the Estate is out of probate, at least. We can thank money-grubbers and liars like Raymone Bain, Thome Thome, Quincy Jones, Robson/Safechuck and HBO for the fact that the Estate is not out of probate yet. It will probably still be a couple of years, at the rate things are going.

Queen is a white group and The Jacksons are a black group. White performers are generally gonna get more attention than other races in the USA. The Jacksons didn't even have a Greatest Hits until the 2000s. The J5 has many because Motown is known for releasing a lot of compilations and they were a black run company until Berry Gordy sold it.

You said it. In the USA. Just one country. No excuses. Plus, I find your comment to be extremely racist. And you wrong about the Jacksons compilations, there were many releases on vinyl in the 80's and on CD in the 90's. Your comment is a big nonsense to me.

You said it. In the USA. Just one country. No excuses. Plus, I find your comment to be extremely racist. And you wrong about the Jacksons compilations, there were many releases on vinyl in the 80's and on CD in the 90's. Your comment is a big nonsense to me.

Eh? Describing (possible) racism as a reason for something is not racism.

How was DuranDuran being racism? Honestly people get offended by everything these days.

Re: ethnicity

Is that so? How many Chinese, Arabs, Japanese, Mexican, etc musicians are really big in Europe? How many have a lot of hits compared to white acts? Same for really popular actors actors & TV shows. It seems to me the most successful European acts are people like The Beatles, U2, Rolling Stones, Eric Clapton, Elton John, Led Zeppelin. etc and many of them have music influenced from black music. The Stones, Eric Clapton, & early Fleetwood Mac were all doing blues. Pink Floyd got their name from 2 blues singers. Zeppelin has literally copied blues songs and didn't give writing credit to the original writers. They all sold way more than the black artists they copied. Rock n roll itself originated from black music, but it's considered white music today. There's a reason that Elvis Presley is called the King Of Rock n Roll instead Jackie Wilson, Little Richard, Fats Domino, or Chuck Berry. Elvis got part of his vocal style from Jackie Wilson. Look at the list of highest selling artists and in the top 20 the majority are white male rock acts. The idea that black performers had to "crossover" to the mainstream (aka white) is evidence that the white audience listened to their own race first and so the white artists were often given higher recording & promotional budgets. I didn't hear anybody saying Hall & Oates, Average White Band, or Wham! had to "crossover" to R&B radio.

Some people on this site say things like "Michael Jackson's music appealed to all people all over the world". Which implies that he transcends his race, which is never said about white artists. So I guess most black performers did not transcend race, I wonder why. Or that Mike isn't R&B, he's pop. That implies that R&B is "black music" for black people and does not have the same wide appeal as "pop music". Pop is music for the white audience. So of course white pop fans are gonna say he is not R&B, he's the "King Of Pop". People also make a big deal about the Top 40 pop hits, and don't give the same recognition to the R&B hits.

Eh? Describing (possible) racism as a reason for something is not racism.

You're right. I used the wrong word but talking about white or black in music is a big nonsense, period. I'm not even black but I know that. :) (so definitely not offended, Mr. Nite Line)

Also, what's the word that you'd use that "people in USA buy more white bands music"? I wanna know, really.

Last edited:
What is this then?

My point is that, music is music and USA is not the entire planet earth. If The Estate decided to sell a anniversary box set of Triumph including a show in HQ, it is going to sell, because it is a great funky soul album that everyone loves and it is a big world we are living in. This is my final answer to you.

First Demos albums, unreleased songs, only music
2nd Triumph tour, victory tour, bad tour 89 in bluray.

My point is that, music is music and USA is not the entire planet earth. If The Estate decided to sell a anniversary box set of Triumph including a show in HQ, it is going to sell, because it is a great funky soul album that everyone loves and it is a big world we are living in. This is my final answer to you.
Yeah, you chose to reply to this video, yet had no comment about what I said about Europe above it. :laughing:

If the estate were to release a Jacksons concert, I feel like the best option would probably be...

The Victory Tour

Few things I wanna point out on why this would be their best option

- Thriller-era Michael, probably the most recognizable & legendary era of Michael's, with Thriller being the best-selling album of all time, & this being the tour to represent the album, it'd make a great marketing point.

- The Victory Tour is legendary for not only being the last Jacksons concert, but for the multiple controversy with the Tickets & the back-stage stories it had, with the tour getting a lot of major news coverage over prev. tours, it makes sense that it's recognizable to not only the Michael Jackson fan community, but most likely the newer fans, probably being even more recognizable than the other 2.

- Mid-concert shows are known to be some of the best shows, look at the shows in Chicago (which is confirmed to be on Michael's VHS tape) & Toronto, amazing energy simply exudes from it.

- Unlike the prev. 2 tours, this concert was already planned for a release back in the late 80s (a combo of the shows in Boston & an unknown city), thus it would be a simple release.

- The setlist includes more of Michael's Thriller work (4 songs) & a total of 8 songs from Michael's adult-solo catalog, compared to the Triumph Tour's 5, thus could attract people who are still new to Michael's works.

- The Jacksons have already displayed that they own about 2 of the LA shows, & if the estate has found the Chicago VHS (which I would assume they did, seeing how they found the Wembley VHS), it gives them at least 3 choices, compared to Triumph Tour's 2 (LA 9/25 & 9/26) & Destiny Tour's 2 (London 1979 & Oakland 9/16).

- While not video, the Triumph Tour has already seen a release on CD, with the Victory Tour being the one tour in Michael's post-70s career that has never seen a physical release of any kind

Just my thoughts on why a Victory Tour release would be the best at the moment, I would love to see any of the tours, but I believe that this is the best option for the estate.

I personally have no interest in anything Jackson&#8217;s related. Keep it solo MJ.

Back